+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to start a conversation

How to start a conversation

Im currently in high school and I was wondering what would be the best way to start a conversation with someone? I see a lot of other guys and they seem to be able to easily just go and talk to girls. However for me I just cant ever think of what to say. Are there any tips. Ive heard before to just talk about music movies things like that but wouldnt they find it awkward if I just started talking about that. Whats a good opener and a good way to get them to talk about things theyre interested in?

"Whats a good opener and a good way to get them to talk about things theyre interested in?"

When you find out, share the wealth

Just open your mouth and starts talking. Pretend that you are talking to a vending machines that talk.
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.

Quote Originally Posted by MadKat View Post
    Just open your mouth and starts talking. Pretend that you are talking to a vending machines that talk.
    That's pretty much how it goes..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

I always had difficulties with that too, which is why I used to drink some beers quickly when going out... Untill I figured out that if I could speak to random people after a few beers, I should also be able to do it without alcohol aswell... I'm trying to practise that on "easy targets" - older people, people who talk a lot etc. The thing I do is trying to find a subject we could have in common.

On a party, that would be "how do you know person-who-is-giving-a-party's-name". Or when waiting on the bus that would be "is that bus always this late? or haven't I seen you often waiting here"? And what does work is asking people questions about themselves. People love to talk about themselves. Like at work, asking about their projects.... I've also made myself go to some parties with only two or three people I knew, so I would have to talk to strangers.
    Does work for me, I've become a lot easier about it already.

Opening:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/personal-development-forum/21193-opening-my-situation.html#post324510[/url]

Initially non-interactive openers:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/21226-girl-work.html#post325723[/url]

The Process: (What's the point of opening? Where's it going? What next?)

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/21382-i-really-need-some-help.html#post326386[/url]

Avoid the most common pitfall:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/21233-what-say-after-she-says-i-have-boyfriend.html#post324361[/url]

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Heya,

To try and avoid awakardness at randomly starting a convo, here's a few tips:
    1) Make eye contact with the person you want to talk from across the room
    2) If she looks back that's good
    3) Smile at her
    4) When/if she smiles back that's the cue to go and talk to her

Start with a simple "Hey, how are you?" Or something along those lines. Then you could ask "Had a good weekend?" And just go from there really. Be as open and as friendly as you can and remember to smile as that will make you seem automatically more likeable.

If not, ask some of your mates for msn addies so that you can talk to some girls online before talking face to face and try and note what other guys say to girls - so you have a general idea of what you could say

Good Luck!

X
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Tedel Guest
    I'd just add one thing: Show yourself approachable, that is, smile, show you are in a good mood and the like.