+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Condoms needed?

Condoms needed?

So, i have a question..

My girl is on birthcontrol (pill) and we're both STD free,
    is there any reason left to use condoms?

I mean.. the pill works good enough and there's no need for condoms anymore, right?

she should have one form of protection and so should you. period.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Unfortunately, the pill isn't 100% safe. I know a handful of people who've gotten pregnant while on it, so that should tell you something.

When you say you're STD free I'm going to assume that you know this for sure because you've either been tested or you were both virgins. Regardless, I think condoms are a necessity until you are married and can be pretty sure there's no STD risk in the future, and if there's an 'accident' then it's okay.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

use condoms too. Unless you are in a position where if she got pregnant, you'd be ready for that.

The pill is not 100% reliable, even with perfect use. Besides that you can forget to take one or you can barf up the pill if you get sick, etc.

Plus, I assume that you're both virgins- and that means you're just starting your sex life, and this girl probably wont be your last.. so if you get used to using condoms now, things will be a lot easier for you later on.

Quote Originally Posted by SunRiSer View Post
    I mean.. the pill works good enough and there's no need for condoms anymore, right?
    Have you ever read the label on the condoms you get? Next time you're reading it.. skim over the "magnum, extra large, ribbed, flavored, ultra-thin, glow-in-the-dark, lubricated, minty" text.. and look at just one phrase..

"For her pleasure"

Honestly, if they made condoms that said "for his pleasure", you would open it, and nothing would be inside..

Take a moment to laugh like a 4th grader hearing the words "penis.. vagina.. penis.. vagina" over and over again.. now.. that you're done.. and with all jokes aside.. Consider this..

As a guy, I ALWAYS use condoms, be it with a girl I know for 1 day, or be it with my long-term girlfriend I know for years.. I use condoms.. and do you know why? To not have to run to the pharmacy at 3am because she's feeling sick.. Nobody wants to be in an unplanned pregnancy situation..

Now, besides the occassional yeast infection that you'll be suffering from.. if you don't use condoms.. G-d will punish you..

Ok.. that won't happen, but seriously.. even if she's using the pill, as all the ladies here have pointed out.. it's not 100% safe.. and on top of that.. SHE's not 100% safe.. i'm not talking about STDs.. let's just assume that she wouldn't intentionally miss a day or days, or weeks on the pill.. let's assume she's on it.. but "oops" forgets to take it here and there.. and that here and there just so happens to run along-side to when the two of you are having sex.. "oops".. go run to the pharmacy now.. As Durex would say, "happy father's day"

You want more reasons?

The established ritual of the two of you having sex without a condom will make it such that you can only have sex when she's on the pill.. if she happens to forget.. then.. "i'm sorry, we can't have sex today, I forgot to take the pill on ____/today".. (so what she's saying is that she'd like to have sex, but for, her forgetting to take the pill).. again.. let's assume that this isn't intentional.. You can prevent the moment from seeming awkward by just using condoms on a regular basis.. It's no big deal, you have condoms..

Even more reasons?

When you condition and train yourself to have sex without a condom.. you seriously hinder your sex life.. How many other women do you think would go on the pill? I'll tell you.. not many.. "it messes with your hormones, it messes with your cycle, I just don't want to keep having to remember when to take it I have yoga class that's enough responsibility on my hands already, I heard you get fat when you're on the pill, etc".. So in the event things don't work out.. you're either stuck to partners who are on the pill.. or stuck to now-crappy condom-sex.. Why would you do that to yourself?

Just seriously.. be in control of your sex-life.. be in control of your planned family status.. and just keep that control in your hands, don't trust other people with this stuff..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No offense to women either, but never trust them to be totally responsible about this stuff. One missed pill could mean a pregnancy (and let's not forget those occasional psychos that try to get pregnant on purpose....as if that solves anything). And trust me, a missed pill happens way more often than your gf would probably like to admit. I've forgotten mine countless times, so that's why I've always used condoms. You may as well get used to them and learn to like them because you'll likely be using them for a looooooong time.

BTW GS condoms aren't that great for women, either. I hate them. I prefer good old skin on skin, but it just isn't safe.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    BTW GS condoms aren't that great for women, either. I hate them. I prefer good old skin on skin, but it just isn't safe.
    It's a guy's joke... (note: JOKE)

Obviously.. condoms blow.. but the genius of nature has once gain offered not 1, not 2, but 3 (and perhaps more, depending on how creative you are) solutions to this problem..

They're not mutually physically satisfying, so you can't call them "sex".. they're more like a "job"

But who's to say that a job can't be fun and satisfying?

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, I'd take sex with a condom over no sex at all, any day. It's not horrible, it's just not as good as without it. Guess it does no good to bitch about it though, have to use it regardless.

I recommend using condoms. Pill alone is not safe.

I'd also recommend looking at alternative options to pills like "Implanon". It has lesser side effects and makes sure the dose is never missed.

Feel free to google it
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugh.

Intercourse isn't the only form of sexual intimacy.

Hell, even if you just broke up normal intercourse with oral, anal, or masturbatory would significantly lessen the chances (so long as you continue to utilize the pill and condom), of pregnancy than if you were to only have intercourse any time you were intimate.

Woman and man are good together... BC pills and condoms too!
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by SunRiSer View Post
    So, i have a question..

My girl is on birthcontrol (pill) and we're both STD free,
    is there any reason left to use condoms?

You're serious? Right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'll keep it real. the pill is like 99.99 percent effective. however, yes, i did know people who got pregnant from only using the pill.

now for the truth, the best feeling about having is with skin to skin. there's nothing else like it, unless you're on some sort of drug... then damn!! you're taken to another world.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    You're serious? Right?
    c'mon, this poster is probably a teen or younger who has yet to have sex. see, it's good that you joined this forum because i'm sure soon you will have to deal with the same dilemma with your younger sis.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    c'mon, this poster is probably a teen or younger who has yet to have sex. see, it's good that you joined this forum because i'm sure soon you will have to deal with the same dilemma with your younger sis.

raverboy
    I'm not touching that issue!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast