+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have some good news and need to share

i have some good news and need to share

my bf of over 2 years is finally coming to meet the parents. i have a weird family situation and up till now it hasn't been possible, but i finally grew some courage and put my foot down. my mum said he can come!! woo yay me!

we've set the date for after finals. come on be happy with me
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

I'm happy with you. It will be awkward, for sure, after two years and all, but it's good to get it over with.
    Spammer Spanker

It will be good to finally get this off your chest. Hope your family will like him.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yay for you! I know you've been wanting this for a long time. I hope all goes well.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good luck to you, I hope it all works out and everyone gets along. Meeting the parents for the first time is always a bit freaky.

How come it took two years, if you don't mind me asking? That's a really long time....my family would be insisting on meeting them loonnnnngg before then.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Hi PCD! I'm new here so I don't really know your story but I am always excited when a friend's family is meeting her/his BF/GF for the first time!

You must be excited but nervous at the same time, right? I hope everything goes well!
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Good luck to you, I hope it all works out and everyone gets along. Meeting the parents for the first time is always a bit freaky.

How come it took two years, if you don't mind me asking? That's a really long time....my family would be insisting on meeting them loonnnnngg before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyLaydee View Post
    Hi PCD! I'm new here so I don't really know your story but I am always excited when a friend's family is meeting her/his BF/GF for the first time!

You must be excited but nervous at the same time, right? I hope everything goes well!

well both our parents have these strong/weird cultural values, and insisted we we were not allowed to date.
    we tried that. didn't work. so we've been together for 2 years and they've tried a lot to keep us apart and it hasn't worked, so now i think they're finally coming round to the idea.

i think i'll just get him to meet my mum first. i think if both parents are therethey might scare him off.
    thanks guys

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes the dad can be easier to face than the mom.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

^ so true. but no way my mums gona pass up on this oppurtunity.

Quote Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post
    well both our parents have these strong/weird cultural values, and insisted we we were not allowed to date.
    we tried that. didn't work. so we've been together for 2 years and they've tried a lot to keep us apart and it hasn't worked, so now i think they're finally coming round to the idea.

i think i'll just get him to meet my mum first. i think if both parents are therethey might scare him off.
    thanks guys
    My father still wouldn't accept me 'dating' any guy. Aahhh to be the youngest and the only girl...

Holding thumbs for everyone to get along, PCD!
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

I must tell you all that this stuff doesn't get any easier when you get older. It took my boyfriend five weeks to tell his parents that he had asked me to marry him and he was entertaining the idea that we might sleep in separate rooms at their house last weekend, even though they've told him that it's okay to stay in the same room.

He's 37 years old. It's hard not to feel like a kid around your parents.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's hilarious Giga! I know I was really weirded out not only when my bfs parents told me told call them by their first names, but then when MY parents did the same thing with him! They've always insisted on the Mr/Mrs thing.....but then they're like "Well, really....now it just seems weird. It's not like you're in high school anymore."

I got over the sharing a bed thing a few years ago.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

it's like my mums in 2 minds.

she said i can't go to his but he can come here.

then shes like have you told him yet i duno if its a good idea. but you can tell him. i don't think you should.

its driving me nuts.

also shes been asking questions about him and stuff. she asked me some pretty personal stuff about him (which i knew the answer too) but i didn't say. i thought i should play it cool and not act like i know everything, even though i do.

well that genius plan totally backfired. she insisted i don't know anything about him, i'm rushing, i shouldn't let it get in the way of my studies.

bf said i shouldn't dumb it down. they should see it for what it is and then they'll realize we're pretty serious.

anyway the dates set, so i should put this at the back of my mind till finals are done.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't know very many people who aren't driven right up the wall by at least one of their parents.
    Spammer Spanker

i killed my boyfriends moms cat the second time i met her.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast