+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnant!

Pregnant!

I'm almost 22 and my sister is almost 23 and we just found out she is pregnant!
    She's supposed to leave for flight attendant school this Sunday! And we are freaking out.
    She's my sister and my best friend and I'm so scared for her. She wants to keep the child but the father whom she barely knows would prefer her to have an abortion!

She hasn't told our parents yet...

Is there anyone who has any advice for this situation? She still lives with our parents, is a college graduate about to be dropped from my parents health insurance with being a flight attendant her only future source of income!

I'm scared but supportive and positive!

But advice would be great!!!!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Adoption is an underappreciated option.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

this is very "juno". unfortunately that movie isn't a great guide for these situations.

If she considers abortion, I would urge her to make sure she is completely sure about her choice.
    Women who choose abortion and weren't completely assured that this was the right decision often end up with lifelong regret. She shouldn't let anyone pressure her into making ANY choice.
    If she does choose abortion, surgical is better, as medicated is extremely painful and traumatic.
    Of course, adoption is another option...

I am wondering why that is her only source of income, you said she was a college graduate. She does have to make a very hard choice.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by marlasinger View Post
    She wants to keep the child but the father whom she barely knows would prefer her to have an abortion!
    She needs to think really, really hard (& perhaps speak out loud to herself) about what you wrote here^.

All the options have been discussed & are personal, moral decisions. Just remember quality of life is as important (or more) than quantity. For everyone involved.

Whatever she decides, the best thing you can do as her friend is encourage her to do what is best for HER, in her heart, and try not to let other ppls biases affect her decision. Whatever she does, she has to want it 110% for herself b/c ultimately its her life to live.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I hope your sister will take the time to think about what she would like to do with her pregnancy.

My best friend went for an abortion 2 years ago and she wished she hadn't gone through it. Whenever someone talk about babies, she'd feel the guilt and it is something she wouldn't want anyone to go through.
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Tedel Guest
    Wow, pregnant? First of all congratulations for that small miracle.

Ask her not to abort. She will sure regret it later. Many women have been able to raise a child by themselves, she can do that too.

About the father, that as**ole is to be responsible for his child. He might be very scared of becoming a father, but he has not choice. Have him accept it... or at least make your best try.

People on this site are so very much against abortion.. it would be so easy to throw sticks on the flame..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha.

She got what she asked for.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    People on this site are so very much against abortion.. it would be so easy to throw sticks on the flame..
    I'm pro-choice. But that means I think its someone's *choice*, for whatever reasons they have.

Sorry, OP, I hadn't realized this gal was your sister. Same advice, tho, be there for her.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Haha.

She got what she asked for.
    Indeed. More than she bargained for; two for the price of one. LOL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree with indi. Choice is the key word in pro-choice. It has to be her choice. Everyone has made different experiences, and they base their advice on that. But we can't truly know someone else's circumstances.
    Not only that, but we can't even know our own in some senses. If someone had the experience of aborting and then regretting it, they have no way of knowing what would have happened if they hadn't aborted. In that alternate reality, would they be wishing that they HAD aborted?

you see what I mean. It has to be her choice. She's standing at a crossroads.

That doesn't mean that you can't help her make up her mind, though. You can discuss all the pros and cons of both options with her, help her organise the practical stuff like finding a gyn or going to an appointment with her if she wants, or you could go online and ask about her situation on some sort of online forum. Hey, you're doing pretty good already

anachronistic Guest
    That is what I hate about abortion.

If you color outside the lines, do you throw the drawing away?

From animals to animals; without responsibility,

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Adoption is an underappreciated option.
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast