+ Follow This Topic

Thread: had a dream. ugh.

had a dream. ugh.

so i had this dream last night about that guy i dated on and off and he went off and got married...

i'll try and link you new people up in a sec...

anyway i had a dream that he was in town and at my house, but i was in my office watching a movie and i was wearing this short dress thing with tights. well while i was watching the movie i took my tights off and when i finally decided i would go talk to him, i couldn't find my tights.

then all of a sudden it was a party and all kinds of people were in my house. well everybody was leaving. so in a last attempt to see the guy i threw on some other pants and went out, but they were already in the car. the guy was sitting in the middle of the back seat and a woman wearing a white dress was sitting next to him.

they drove off and went to this store across the street and i tried to follow them, but they were always just leaving or i would just miss them.

i didn't spend the whole dream looking for him though. but when i did he was always gone.

any interpretations?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it means you can't depend on men when you need them.

I had a dream I layed on a bed with a kind, gentle man while watching two drunken, alpha-male bozos run around in G-strings and body paint looking for easy sex. Any interpretations?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    so i had this dream last night about that guy i dated on and off and he went off and got married...

i'll try and link you new people up in a sec...

anyway i had a dream that he was in town and at my house, but i was in my office watching a movie and i was wearing this short dress thing with tights. well while i was watching the movie i took my tights off and when i finally decided i would go talk to him, i couldn't find my tights.

then all of a sudden it was a party and all kinds of people were in my house. well everybody was leaving. so in a last attempt to see the guy i threw on some other pants and went out, but they were already in the car. the guy was sitting in the middle of the back seat and a woman wearing a white dress was sitting next to him.

they drove off and went to this store across the street and i tried to follow them, but they were always just leaving or i would just miss them.

i didn't spend the whole dream looking for him though. but when i did he was always gone.

any interpretations?
    If you don't mind Mis, the underlying cause is slightly personal, but you can feel free to read it and take what you will from it.. Interpretations of dreams are never 100% accurate, because the way you remember them is never 100% accurate, but what you do remember is something of emotional significance.. and what I mean by that is that it caused some strong emotion such as "fear, anxiety, stress, love, anger, etc" when you saw it; and believe it or not, you unconsciously want to store that clip in memory for when you wake up.. so that you can ponder back on it.. very interesting.. Anyway.. here it goes..

"they drove off and went to this store across the street and i tried to follow them, but they were always just leaving or i would just miss them.

i didn't spend the whole dream looking for him though. but when i did he was always gone."

That part just shows that you remembered it because it stood out in some unusual way.. When dreaming, it caused you fear.. to chase him and not be able to hold onto him.. This represents one of two things (or both).. (1). It's symbolic of how you feel your relationship with men is in general, so the fear caused was because it was a reminder of this, (2). The person getting away who you are chasing after gave you positive emotions in relation to other people in your life, and you are chasing those positive emotions, not wanting for them to go away (yes, there can be negative emotions, but this isn't the focus of this dream)

"anyway i had a dream that he was in town and at my house, but i was in my office watching a movie and i was wearing this short dress thing with tights. well while i was watching the movie i took my tights off and when i finally decided i would go talk to him, i couldn't find my tights."

That fact that you were in your office means nothing apart from the fact that he was in your house, and you needed to be in a different place in your dream.. Back in town and into your life he came "your house is the symbol" (i'll finish talking about what this means later).. watching a movie together was a bonding/comfort activity which you enjoyed.. taking your "tights" off.. and then not being able to find them would mean nothing, except, you continued..

"then all of a sudden it was a party and all kinds of people were in my house. well everybody was leaving. so in a last attempt to see the guy i threw on some other pants and went out, but they were already in the car. the guy was sitting in the middle of the back seat and a woman wearing a white dress was sitting next to him."

No, the woman in the white dress is not throwing me off here.. although she is there, and for a reason (white dress).. but what's more important is the other people, that you feel that you're in a hurry, and that you feel that at that moment, your efforts to go after him are futile, but you continue to go after him anyway, unable to stop in your dream.. Coupled with the previous statement, this can mean several things, there's just not enough information to weed out the weaker interpretations:

1. Simply a memory about the positive emotions enjoyed with him, and how you're unconsciously aware that anything that happened between the two of you that made him go away was not really the fault of any of the obsticles or excuses you threw in the way (the people represent friends and family, the fact that he has to leave represents other obligations on his part perhaps work or family obligations, the fact that you took off your tights and couldn't find them and had to settle for jeans only means that you feel that you came off as less attractive at one point in your relationship with him and feel that this is why he left and you couldn't get a hold of him while he sat next to the woman in the white dress).. all of these things were getting in the way.. but you're unconsciously trying to resolve this conflict and trying to dismiss these pseudo-reasons and trying to discover the real reason behind it

2. The memory if him is just symbolic, and represents a trend in your life you feel exists with men in general.. There's a man in your life now.. and your historical fears are comming in, trying to prevent the larger fear of what happened in your dream "you chasing after him, but not able to get a hold of him, and him running off to the woman in the white dress".. Also, a longing to be the woman in the white dress next to "him".. If this is in fact the case, then the trigger & cause for such a dream has very little to do with this other guy, and more to do with your current relationship.. It could just be a recent argument or something that temporarily made the bond between the two of you slightly weaker.. (it's the mind amazing?).. just try and fix that.. Work on building a stronger bond and sense of security between the two of you.. and don't give in to making excuses for things that come in between the two of you (like the dream tried to show you).. these excuses are not holding you back.. only your willpower to get through them is holding you back.. that was the lesson from your dream..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

thanks gskorp.

my interpretation was pretty close to yours.

i didn't want to be the person in white, and in all ways i wasn't that. she was small, quiet, put aside, and dressed in white. the opposite of me in all ways.

more than anything i wanted to just say hi. but i know it would have been no good for me.

i think it's just my way of saying goodbye. he wanted somebody that wasn't me. not just that, he wanted somebody that wasn't like me.

too bad for him cause i'm pretty much the hottest, coolest woman he'll ever meet in his life.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Damn, I was hoping I would be somewhere in your dream misombra

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe that was you were in my dream, DM.

Maybe the other two were mish and Grk??

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hrmm... maybe it just that you're excited and wish to see him.

on the other hand, it could mean that you're desperate and never want him to leave.

i think that you shouldn't look into these dreams too much because they are just your imagination running wild.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...