+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say they never should've gone in the first place. Funny how it's taken some idiots all this time to come around to the 'that's a bad idea' side. Yeesh.

I never supported this war. Thank God our soldiers aren't in Iraq (the one thing Jean Chretien did that made me proud).....but still getting killed over in Afghanistan because Bush pissed off the Taliban. Thanks a lot, moron. Can't wait 'til you're out of office. Not that it can erase all the shit that's already been caused.

Worse part is, now a big hole has been dug for the US military. How the hell do they get out without leaving the country in the grips of brutal civil war that they helped bring about, thereby making them look even worse? And soldiers will keep on dying, for nothing. Such a god damn shame.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    but still getting killed over in Afghanistan because Bush pissed off the Taliban.
    Actually, Bush didn't piss off the Taliban, the Taliban pissed off us because they let al Qaeda chill in their country after 9/11, and we pissed off al Qaeda because we give support to Israel

Worse part is, now a big hole has been dug for the US military. How the hell do they get out without leaving the country in the grips of brutal civil war that they helped bring about, thereby making them look even worse?
    It's too bad it will cause the military to look bad, because politics decides whether or not to fight a war. This isn't even a war, we're policing a bunch of sick fuccking camel jockeys who want a Sunni vs Shiite war, which like vashti already said would have happened under Saddam but didn't because any uprising on behalf of the Shiites would result in nerve gas and genocide! But guess what? THAT is what it takes to deal with these fuccking animals

Look up the Al-Anfal Campaign or the 1991 Karbala uprising. Look at how Saddam kept the situation under control. It took genocide

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We have no right to call these people animals, they're people.

Regardless of anything anyone says, this was a war based on a bad decision and never should have happened and certainly shouldn't be continued. Hope this serves as a lesson. Iraq had no ties to the 9/11 attacks. The US gov't just seized upon an opportunity to invade based on the public's sense of 'someone has to pay'.

Do you know how many US oil companies have moved into the middle east since this war started? Don't tell me this about Saddam and al-Qaeda. I'll never buy it. And those who do are blind, bigoted morons.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How the hell do they get out without leaving the country in the grips of brutal civil war that they helped bring about, thereby making them look even worse? And soldiers will keep on dying, for nothing. Such a god damn shame.
    There was talk of Iraq applying for UN peacekeeping troops when the US/coalition forces pull out.

Good luck getting an american soldier into one of those uniforms, even tho it would probably be the best thing they could politically do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    +1, thanks Blue.

DM, you might be surprised who knows decent ppl who've had to hide in their basements scared shitless from the bombing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

For this, we ran up trillions of dollars of debt? I feel like some punks stole my purse and had a spending spree at the mall.

The worst part of it is that it was done in my name. As an American citizen, I've got some of that shit spattered on me, as we all do here.

I come from a military family, and guess what- none of my family was in support of this war. Not one person.

It's a mess. The Middle East was a mess before we stuck our oar in and we didn't help AT ALL. Now we're stuck in the middle of this crap, and for what?

And don't tell me this started with 911. It didn't.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm going to keep on calling them animals until they stop acting like animals. My uncle who was an anesthesiologist in private practice for many years joined the army after 9/11 and has been in Iraq 3 times. His perspective? THEY'RE FUCCKING ANIMALS. Of course he didn't say it exactly like this. It has to do with their culture. He was at a dinner with some tribal leader, someone did something wrong and they just take him in the streets and beat him. This is their culture. They are too stupid to realize the sooner they stop shooting at us, the sooner we will leave

Do you know how many US oil companies have moved into the middle east since this war started? Don't tell me this about Saddam and al-Qaeda. I'll never buy it. And those who do are blind, bigoted morons.
    When did anyone here say this was about Saddam or al Qaeda? (Afghanistan was about al Qaeda though but now we're talking about Iraq) The war was Bush on a power trip

Oh and about the oil, it should be used to pay us back for pumping so many billions of dollars into that shithole country

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    If you were in the same room as me right now I would likely kill you
    I would very much like that. Thank you.

Civil war. Ok. But its theirs. And you don't seem to care about innocent Iraqis, women and children who don't die killing another, so civil war is nothing...

Look, I don't hate America nor its people, I don't hate you, seriously. I just don't like blind patriotism.

Of course some of those 4000 people could be your buddies, but that is personal loss and that was their choice, (and I am just being honest, be grateful) your drama is just egoism, sorry. I do feel what it is to lose someone, but the national drama? You see, I actually really don't have a side here. Somehow I know the war is neccesary also, but all this blaming?

And no, Iraqis are not animals, they are very human. Animals don't act like it, but people do, from all over the world, all the time, even in your country.
    Last edited by boobaa; 29-03-08 at 06:12 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    And you don't seem to care about innocent Iraqis, women and children who don't die killing another, so civil war is nothing...
    ARE YOU THAT FUUCKING STUPID?

Do you have any idea the great lengths we go to so as to prevent innocents from being killed? There are a group of people out there shooting mortars, rockets, and sniper fire at us from places surrounded by civilians, it's a fuccking miracle civilian casualties aren't 100x what it is. We could limit our own casualties so much more by allowing greater Iraqi casualties, but we don't so as to not kill civilians, then assclowns like you want to act like we don't care? Go fucck yourself

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But yeah, *I* would be the person to not care about Iraqi casualties as much as American casualties. But then again this wouldn't be a problem if it was my choice because I would pull out and let the Sunnis and Shiites kill eachother because they want to so badly

yeah, I am that ****ing stupid. Ok, I am sorry, maybe I did some misjudgement, but you need to calm down also.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whats with 4000? Those Iraqees should kill more americans. How much have THEY lost?
    yeah, I am that ****ing stupid. Ok, I am sorry, maybe I did some misjudgement, but you need to calm down also.
    It's gonna be just a LITTLE hard to calm down considering you said Iraqis should kill more Americans. What, like my uncle, cousin and about a dozen friends I have over there? They should die? My uncle who could be here working as an anesthesiologist on American patients making a ton of money but instead is patching up Iraqi civilians who don't even appreciate what he’s doing? THEY should die??????

My family is American, should they die?????? Look as long as I’m around people should have the brains to never say that to my face because I will get pissed off and go ape shit on your ass
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 29-03-08 at 06:33 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm going to keep on calling them animals until they stop acting like animals. My uncle who was an anesthesiologist in private practice for many years joined the army after 9/11 and has been in Iraq 3 times. His perspective? THEY'RE FUCCKING ANIMALS. Of course he didn't say it exactly like this. It has to do with their culture. He was at a dinner with some tribal leader, someone did something wrong and they just take him in the streets and beat him. This is their culture. They are too stupid to realize the sooner they stop shooting at us, the sooner we will leave
    Guess what, just because you don't agree with how a culture behaves, it doesn't make them animals. Did you know there's things we do in our society that we think is 'okay', but they think is barbaric or wrong? It scares me that people like your uncle are in the army. Anyone with that sort of contempt and narrow mindedness does not belong in the military. Or maybe they do....... Hm.

Oh and about the oil, it should be used to pay us back for pumping so many billions of dollars into that shithole country
    That was your gov'ts moronic decision to go in and stay in. The money should go back to the innocent people of those countries who are suffering. Are you heartless?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    PS DM I hope that pic isn't you.

If so, I'm disappointed.

Your patriotism is truly blinding. I love my country and defend it when people say shit against it, but I don't defend stupid things my govt does. I also care about other people in the world and happen to KNOW that they are not all as *stupid* as so many smart ass North Americans think they are.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ARE YOU THAT FUUCKING STUPID?

Do you have any idea the great lengths we go to so as to prevent innocents from being killed? There are a group of people out there shooting mortars, rockets, and sniper fire at us from places surrounded by civilians, it's a fuccking miracle civilian casualties aren't 100x what it is. We could limit our own casualties so much more by allowing greater Iraqi casualties, but we don't so as to not kill civilians, then assclowns like you want to act like we don't care? Go fucck yourself
    So which is it, DM? Are civilians animals or what? B/c I know that's what Blue & I meant.

The problem w/your attitude, young man, is that its a) based on someone elses experience, and b) makes you sound just as bigoted as *some* of those 'animals' you speak of.

As we know from their example (and others, such as how jews & japanese & others have been treated in the past), thoughts like yours leads to beliefs, which lead to actions. Most of them unfortunate. Try to recall the privileged upbringing you have been gifted with and behave accordingly.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast