+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: good idea or bad idea...send girl food @ work

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Somehow I doubt that confident men have an issue with acknowledging what they want.
    Somehow I doubt that confident women have an issue with acknowledging what they want.

No? Doesn't quite have that same jingle to it..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    nothing is sexier in any person than knowing what they want and going after it.
    I actually agree.. just looking for a little bit of elaboration Mis..

So, just try and picture yourself sitting somewhere.. and you see this guy you like.. Forget about what you would do.. let's just say that you would sit there.. thinking about what you want him to do.. well? What would you want him to do? If I was standing next to you at that moment.. and told you.. that I would make him come up to you.. the way you wanted.. the exact way you wanted.. which way would that be? What would you want him to come up and do/say? What would drive you wild?

It's really not that difficult of a question.. In fact.. it's actually hard to narrow down the not-so-serious answers from the serious answers.. and then from the serious ones.. to narrow it down to just a couple of really important things that you'd want this guy to do.. But that's ok.. it doesn't matter if you can think of a thousand.. or only a dozen.. how would you like him to come up to you? Honest question.. honest answer..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3AVsTxlms0&feature=related"]YouTube - Rocky and Adrian[/ame]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RejskBPgriQ"]YouTube - Moonstruck[/ame]

For this one, you can skip ahead to 2 minutes:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-3PP7hfIm4"]YouTube - The Graduate Trailer[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoQ55KxdpYY&feature=related"]YouTube - Shakespeare In Love: Will and Viola[/ame]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you should go for it...it should put a smile on her face. But definitely put your name...even if she could guess it was you...it's the difference btwn being a wimp and a MAN. Own up to your actions (even the little ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Larousse View Post
    I think you should go for it...it should put a smile on her face. But definitely put your name...even if she could guess it was you...it's the difference btwn being a wimp and a MAN. Own up to your actions (even the little ones).
    How is it being a wimp when shes gonna see me two hours later? We work for the same company and its nobody elses business who it came from as long as she knows. Plus I just think its cooler to do it anonymously then to sign it. I know she'll know where it came from. Especially with me saying something like "I told you I would buy you dinner". She isn't seeing anybody else and hasn't been for a long while.

As far as Vashti/GrkScorp, and the whole direct/confidence discussion. I've been straight up with this girl, I told her what I want. We've known each other for 10 months....i opened up to her more when she backed out....i just told her we don't have enough time together, I wanna spend more time with you, you're one of the coolest people i've met in years, I'm willing to take this as slow as you want to go. If you wanna start out as friends and not rush into things then thats cool, I'm not gonna push anything. I was direct and honest cause I felt thats what needed to be said and I wanted everything out there and clear. I was 100% sure everythiing was golden and we were goin out that when she backed out it shocked me, I didn't have any reason at all to feel she was backing out. When she did back out her demeanor changed like she got uncomfortable around me, and her vibe has been back and forth since.

If i do the pizza thing it would be Friday, but idk what I want to do. I'm thinking she wouldn't have said yes to us going out twice, smile and hold my hand after I did the 2nd time if she wasn't interested. But at the same time, I'm like if she is interested, even if shes scared or nervous about getting involved why wouldn't she take the initiative to at least make some type of move, dinner, cup of coffee. It's like she wanted it to happen and now shes not even willing to go out as friends.

It's not like I did anything neither, I didn't see her for a few days and her actions just flipped like that.

From day to day we'll be cool but i just don't understand what happened to her, now I'm feeling uncomfortable but i'm trying to talk to her to make her feel more comfortable when I'm the one that got thrown to the curb blindsidedly.

That's why i'm saying the pizza can maybe ease a little bit of the tension, and it'll be something to laugh about....but at the same time I really want her to be upfront and honest and tell me whats really going on like I was with her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She might be a litte hesitant because you work together.

I think you are doing fine, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Larousse View Post
    She might be a litte hesitant because you work together.

I think you are doing fine, BTW.
    Thanks.

IDK, if its working together or if shes just scared of letting someone new into her life.

I wish i could get her to communicate, open up a little bit more.

She was being open, she was letting me in...everything was progressing comfortably and then its like she just shut me off and threw her guard up out of nowhere.

A lot of people are hesitant about workplace romances because things are more awkward if it doesn't work out.

But as has been said, go for it. After you send her the pizza, wait a little bit to see what she does. You don't have to wait for her to ask you out, cause most girls don't like that... just see what she says and then make your move from there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6HubiztKCE"]YouTube - The Last Dragon - Part 9[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I guess Friday i'll make the drive out of town early to set this all up. I know if I don't do it this week then I'll think about doing it next week and on and on. So I guess I'll just go for it and hope for the best.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG, Sombra is that on YouTube? Ahahaha... 'in the heat & the rhythm of the night'... I totally forgot that movie & song! Thanks for that!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    OMG, Sombra is that on YouTube? Ahahaha... 'in the heat & the rhythm of the night'... I totally forgot that movie & song! Thanks for that!
    the last dragon is one of my very favorite movies.

"who's the masta?"

the whole thing is on youtube. they must've put it up recently. if you click on that video you'll see all the other parts off to the side.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I want to know if he sent the pizza.

I want to know if he sent the pizza.
    He said he wasn't doing it til Friday.

Read much?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast