+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would a man tell his girlfriend someone else is flirting with him?

Would a man tell his girlfriend someone else is flirting with him?

I'm told that most guys do not discuss women they are interested in with other guys (unless they are only out for one thing and want to brag). If they really like her they usually pretty much keep it to themselves. What about discussing it with their current girlfriend. Would a man tell his girlfriend if another woman is being friendly with him and he has flirted back. Does he "come clean" or does he just not go there for fear of upsetting her? Just want to know how men think about this one.

I would do it see how upset she would get.

If my boyfriend came to me and told me that he had flirted back, meaning that she had initiated it and he responded, I'd assume he was trying to start a fight, maybe trying to make me break up with him to spare him the unpleasant chore. Saying "she started it" doesn't make it any less his bad.

What the HELL kind of bf says that?
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 02-04-08 at 01:25 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i have read before, ask yourself this...would you feel comfortable if your gf sat in on your conversations?? probably obviously not right? then i would stop flirting with this girl unless you're planning on cheating on your gf.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That would be retarded. I would never tell my girlfriend I flirted.

Although I have flirted in front of girlfriends before, so... I have some weird logic.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    are you trying to sleep with this flirty girl??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What the HELL kind of bf says that?
    No joke. I'm not even that bad.

I wouldn't have respect for a BF who came up to me - told me that a woman flirted with him and on top of that, told me that he reciprocated! Na'uhh... no way is he going to hear from me again!
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

i wouldn't expect my bf to tell me, but i would tell him. it would make him up his guard
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Quote Originally Posted by Larousse View Post
    I'm told that most guys do not discuss women they are interested in with other guys (unless they are only out for one thing and want to brag). If they really like her they usually pretty much keep it to themselves.
    Then whoever is telling you that is either a married woman.. or someone else that has no idea how things work.. Guy will talk to guys about women they like.. they will ask for advice.. and more than anything (since male friends are typically not that useful with advice).. they are seeking comfort, support, and motivation..

What about discussing it with their current girlfriend. Would a man tell his girlfriend if another woman is being friendly with him and he has flirted back. Does he "come clean" or does he just not go there for fear of upsetting her? Just want to know how men think about this one.
    You phrased your question wrong.. but nonetheless.. i'm going to answer what you should have asked..

1. Would a man tell his girlfriend if an other woman is being friendly with him?

2. Would a man tell his girlfriend if he was interested in an other woman?

3. Would a man flirt with a girl he wasn't interested in if he had a girlfriend?

4. Would a man tell his girlfriend about mutual flirting between him and an other woman he was interested in?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Yes.. it's called honesty.. If his mentality is not-guilty.. then he has no urge to try and hide the fact.. to him.. it's no big deal.. so he'll naturally say it like it's no big deal.. unless he feels his girlfriend will overreact or is the jealous type..

2. Again.. intentions control.. if he's interested in an other woman.. he would feel pretty guilty telling his girlfriend about it.. and would most likely keep that to himself

3. Not too many men would..

4. Again.. intentions control.. not only is he feeling guilty because he's interested.. but he's also feeling guilty because he actually DID something (flirting).. If it was just interest.. it would go away.. so it's just better to keep it to one's self.. not make it an issue.. and let it go away.. In this case.. something was actually done.. but I feel that a guy can still (if he wants).. just not follow it up.. and let it die out.. So the best thing to do would be to actually NOT bring it up..

But guilt is an interesting emotion.. we're culturally programmed to "come clean".. and "be honest".. So we feel that our guilt will be comforted if we just come clean and be honest.. That has the effect of obviously making matters a little more messy and complicated..

Then again.. a lot of guys would just not say anything.. realize their mistake.. and just let things die out and not develop with that other girl.. (either that.. or not say anything and let things develop with the other girl)..

At this last stage.. it can go either way.. It all depends on the person..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

[QUOTE=GrkScorp;328967]Then whoever is telling you that is either a married woman.. or someone else that has no idea how things work..

Here's where the advice came from :

1) Jeff Mac (Manslations web site) He provides advice to women daily about how men think and behave.

2) Bob Grant, Relationship Therapist, who gives women love advice & tips in his book The Woman Men Adore.

You phrased your question wrong...

Nobody else seemed to have a problem with the question and they were able to provide valuable feedback. Anyway, you expanded it according to your perspective and that's great, but you might want to consider a more polite approach and just say something like you think there's more to the question and that you want to develop the topic. We ask all our questions to the best of our abilities and are looking for opinions/advice...we don't come to these forums for nitpicking... Thanks for your comments - they are helpful.

We ask all our questions to the best of our abilities and are looking for opinions/advice...we don't come to these forums for nitpicking... Thanks for your comments - they are helpful.
    Baaaahahahaaaa! Hilarious. Are you kidding me? A word to the wise: don't show that you're easily riled. You'll attract predators.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You'll attract predators.
    It's true.. because aside from advice.. some of us also come on this forum for our daily playful ball-busting
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Nobody is riled...it's just an observation. I get the impression from the nature of your comments that 1) you must be American and 2) you just don't have a good answer.

it would instigate jealousy, no need if u care bout your gf

in the past i've dated flirtatious type girls....sometimes thats just their natural personality and you have to accept that. I would get jealous when I was younger but not anymore.

I'm not a big flirt anyway so it doesn't matter.

I'm kinda like Gribble though, I have flirted with other girls in front of my gf's. One time I was talking to a girl that i was friends with that just got out of a pool. It was a big school trip to disneyworld. We were talking and my gf came up, and the girl i was talking to turned to talk to my gf and i looked at my gf then looked the other girl up and down real blatantly, mega obvious cause i knew my girl was looking at me. Her jaw dropped, but it was funny it wasn't like a serious thing...i was just kinda messing with her. We had been dating for over a year at that point so we were comfortable enough that we cared for each other that we could do silly stuff like that and it wasn't a big deal.

If you did that with a girl u just started dating it might not turn out so well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast