+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The darkest hour

The darkest hour

In this poem, I don't think the 'when i'm asleep' part of each verse really fits to the flow, if anything, it breaks it up. It makes the poem a bit scratched up, and lost, feeling something is missing, an 'emptyness' - which is kind of the point of the words, so i guess it does fit.

The darkest hour
    In time of need
    talking to
    myself asleep

I wish this moment
    passes soon
    it only ends
    when I'm asleep

this pain inside
    i cannot keep
    it goes away
    when i'm asleep

i'll dream those nights
    away in bed
    away from here
    when i'm asleep

I do not
    want to feel this week
    but it only ends
    when i'm asleep

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    RK, please keep these poems in some kind of journal (i.e. don't discard them). They are like that book I mentioned before about musings of a young doctor. You'll want these for later, trust me.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

thanks indi, i've written many random poems on paper, but i always seem to loose them, and throw them away, the only one's i've kept are on this site, i think i will get a free hosting website, and copy/paste and date them on it.

thanks for the idea, i will. im the future, i will look at the poems in a different light.

i kind of wish whaywardj was still around too, he did mention or start me up with some kind of website to post, but i never did follow through.

thanks again!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    i kind of wish whaywardj was still around too, he did mention or start me up with some kind of website to post, but i never did follow through.
    Check your PM, RK.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    thanks indi, i've written many random poems on paper, but i always seem to loose them, and throw them away, the only one's i've kept are on this site, i think i will get a free hosting website, and copy/paste and date them on it.

thanks for the idea, i will. im the future, i will look at the poems in a different light.

thanks again!
    It's good to post poems in a forum but it's really a nice idea to create a personal website or a blog and publish your poems there. Since when this is written in a personal diary, only you can read them; but when you publish on internet, it mihgt reach the targeted audience.
    I didn't follow the rules and now I'm in trouble.