+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Never Got Over It...

I Never Got Over It...

Somebody stole my Specialized S-Works mountain bike in 1997 and I never got over it.

What did you never get over?
    Spammer Spanker

i haven't gotten over the crackhead stealing my bike either.

SWINE he is. mf'ing swine.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Leaving my tangerine tree my dad bought me for Christmas 5 years ago. We planted it in my backyard. I sold the house and we moved into an apartment, I had nowhere to put it.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't honestly think of anything I haven't gotten over that is similar to the kinds of things being posted.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I still haven't gotten over the waiter giving my credit
    crad to another customer at taverna opas last weekend.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I can't honestly think of anything I haven't gotten over that is similar to the kinds of things being posted.
    Yeah, me too. I have things I can't get over, but these aren't very materialistic. Maybe only that I quit driving school after a while, I had paid great money for it...
    Don't expect anything.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Idk who knows

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The 'lil black punks that ran off with the stolen Sony PSP while I was working at GameStop. I almost had them, and they grabbed it and ran.

I would've loved to have gotten their asses handed to the police so that the cycle of hardship could begin.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm with vash on this one.. there isn't really anything that i regret.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    What did you never get over?
    Wow.. Giga.. really throwing the hard questions out there..

I know for sure one thing I never got over was my first ex.., no.. I don't love her or anything.. that's not what I mean.. I just never got over how things were and what I went through.. I guess it's interesting that most people who have been cheated on in the past are afraid of their new partner cheating on them.. but that's not at all what she left me with.. I never even thought about the people i've been with after her ever cheating on me.. It was more about how she was someone I would have done anything for.. how I had all that respect for her.. all that love for her.. and on top of using and abusing it just to see how much she could get me to do for her.. she actually went back to her ex.. showing zero respect for how I felt.. like it didn't even matter.. And I guess that till this day.. it's left me pretty cold.. not able to really allow myself to get that deeply involved with someone on such an emotional level again..

I was talking about this with Goose the other day actually.. it's funny how Giga started a thread on it.. I told him that I listen to Cat Stevens' "The First Cut is the Deepest" just before I go out to Ludlow Street for the night.. and he pointed out why he thinks that is.. and I think he's right.. It's almost like every night before I go out to meet someone new.. I have to remind myself of what I never got over.. "I would have given you all of my heart.. but there's someone who's torn it apart.. and i've given all that I have.. but if you want i'll try to love again.. baby i'll try to love again but I know.. the first cut is the deepest..".. I remember how great it felt like to actually be deeply in love with someone.. and now that I think about it.. I can't say that I ever felt anywhere close to that with anyone after what I went through with her.. It's one thing to have your bike taken away from you.. and it's one thing to have your ability to get emotionally involved with someone taken away from you..

Thanks Giga.. you've just given me something new to work on and put some serious thought into..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i don't think i've gotten over how badly i was treated during my elementary school days ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    i don't think i've gotten over how badly i was treated during my elementary school days ...
    You got picked on?

What for?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

For being too adorable, I bet.

I never got over having to leave my Spirograph behind when we moved away from NY when I was five.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm with Shorty, I never have gotten over how I was treated in school.

So much so, that I'm not going to my 10 yr reunion this year. There's maybe one or two people I actually care about seeing, the rest are a bunch of assholes.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You got picked on?

What for?
    I was this awkward kid who liked the Beatles in 5th grade ... I had transferred to a new school and everyone knew each other for years ... kids are weak.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast