+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he hinting that he wants a kiss [first kiss!]?

is he hinting that he wants a kiss [first kiss!]?

ok so ive been dating this guy for couple weeks now. were both seniors in high school and were both pretty shy. it seems as tho weve been taking this relationship kinda slow even tho he admitted that he wants it to progress. so far all weve done is hold hands and on our last date he put his arm around me and we kinda cuddled some. however lately ive been getting the vibe he wants to kiss me. like whenever we wud say goodbye there wud be this like awkward pause and he seems to look at my lips some.

i know wat ur thinking "um just kiss him right?" but were both really shy. like before we hold hands or put our arms around each other its as if we hafta build up to it and i almost feel like a middle schooler...

do u guys have any advice on how to handle it? its gonna be both are first kiss and i dont wanna embarrass myself...

Do you want to kiss him? How do you feel about this?
    Don't expect anything.

yes i want to kiss him haha

Well going slow is actually good. Go fast and you're in for trouble.

When he looks at your lips, touch his arm or something and get close. It'll help him get the message. That is unless...if you feel you're ready. Whenever you do though, just give a more blunt hint that you want to and let him initiate the kiss.
    [url]www.myspace.com/michael_does_not_like_you[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled12 View Post
    do u guys have any advice on how to handle it? its gonna be both our first kiss and i dont wanna embarrass myself...

Okay.. it's not the easiest thing in the world to get over.. now.. before you are ready to kiss him.., you should take the time and read on..

You're afraid of being embarrassed.. it's good you pointed that out.. I would understand if he was more experienced than you and you didn't want to seem like you didn't know what you were doing.. but that's not the case.. I would also understand if he didn't really want to kiss you.. but that's not at all the case either.. Then I would understand if he would be so focused on every single detail of your first kiss.. but that's not going to happen.. (yea.. sadly.. read on)

At the moment your first kiss happens.. when you go up to kiss him.., he will be so happy and in shock that this moment is finally here.. those emotions alone will be too much for him to focus on anything else.. This is something interesting about the first kiss.. the actual process of kissing has no model it can follow.. it's all instinctive.. you go on autopilot as if you know what you're doing.. but you really don't.. at that moment.. there's a whole list of things that's going on.. which is why the first kiss is such a powerful moment.. and a moment to look forward to and be excited about..

1. it's your first kiss.. and that holds all sorts of meanings..
    2. as you're kissing him.. you're also developing your model for how to kiss
    3. you're experiencing a new form of pleasure for the first time

It's really incredible when you think about how much goes on during the first kiss.. so much so that you really don't capture all of it.. that's right.. at that moment.. there's so much going on.. so many emotions and feelings and thoughts running through your mind.. that it seems as if you can't think.. there's no thought.. just kissing.. but with that being the case.., there's also very little you remember of the actual event.. it's a significant moment no doubt.. and since you will both have the need and desire to remember it as something symbolic, grand, and significant.. that's exactly how your memory's "active re-write process" will create that memory.., that's right.. your actual first kiss is quite different from how you remember it to be.. memory is not a reliable source for how things actually happened..

Now.., with all of that being said.. the most important thing to get out of all of this is that:

- He won't be in a position to judge.. so there's no need to even feel embarrassed..
    - He will actually be very happy and shocked in a good way
    - He won't remember it as something bad.. he will only remember it as something good (unless it's REALLY bad.. in which case.. shame on you.. but I think you have to TRY really hard to be a bad kisser)

So.. before you kiss him.., just keep all of that in mind.. and remember that there's no reason to be embarrassed.. and if there's no reason to be embarrassed.. then there's no reason to be afraid..., when you kiss him.. just remember that.. because as you're kissing him for the first time.. you won't be able to think about or remember anything.. oh.. and after you're done kissing.. make sure you let him know how it was..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Kiss him

Just do it, you'll both feel better.
    Read the rules, skywalker. Don't post links in your sig unless it's to your personal blog.

I agree with what GrkScorp says.
    He will be happy just to know that you are ready to take the relationship to the next level

Good Luck!

X
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Amazing post by Grkscorp, It fully explains everything. It was amazing man. The more a kiss goes on without happening (Hope this makes sense) The better it will be in the end. I promise I liked a girl for months before I got to kiss her. It was just a pop kiss, yet was so perfect (as I remember) ahhhhh I want to live that moment over again.