+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is 19 too young?

is 19 too young?

what does men in their late twenties think about 19 year old females? Are they considered as women or still girls? Is it disgusting to date one of them if you are a mature man?

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    what does men in their late twenties think about 19 year old females? Are they considered as women or still girls? Is it disgusting to date one of them if you are a mature man?
    I don't know if this helps any but, when i married my wife i was 18 and she was 17...that being said i always try to stay at or within 1 year of my age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At 19, they're still girls. I was 19 once, and I can tell you...I thought I was really mature, but in truth I wasn't. I don't think a man in his late twenties could have a productive relationship with a 19 yr old, unless he was really immature himself.

If any of my guy friends (they are in their late twenties) brought home a 19 yr old, we would assume he was just trying to get laid. If he said he was actually dating her, we would assume he was having some kind of life crisis and start taking bets on when he dumped her.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

it depends on the individuals.....I'm going after a girl 15 years older then i am.

People look for different things, people click with different people for different reasons.

Just because Guy A is 22 and Guy B is 30 doesn't automatically mean guy b has more maturity and life experience then guy a.

I would be more concerned about finding a person I enjoy spending time with instead of finding a matching birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tired View Post
    it depends on the individuals.....I'm going after a girl 15 years older then i am.

People look for different things, people click with different people for different reasons.

Just because Guy A is 22 and Guy B is 30 doesn't automatically mean guy b has more maturity and life experience then guy a.

I would be more concerned about finding a person I enjoy spending time with instead of finding a matching birthday.
    Here, here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would say that as a rule, guys in their late twenties don't take 19-year-olds seriously. They just want the physical thing.
    Spammer Spanker

I think 19 is still a girl, still fresh out of High School. Okay for guys in the early 20s I guess, but any older and I don't know how it would work out. Such different stages in life and what would the two even talk about?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Its strange how he invited the class to go to the pub with him for holidays and for the end of the year party. (yes, 19 years old can drink where I live). Its like he's trying to recapture his youth or he is still stuck in that age. He's that teacher assistant that I have a crush on. He's the only teacher assistance that holds party out of class. Does he want to hang with the young crowd or something?
    Last edited by lastwish; 11-04-08 at 09:33 AM.

I think what matters more is the mindset. She could be a19 year old living by herself struggling to survive, what most of people do in their late 20's. Or she could have plans to go to college just to see it's not her thing and then go work for her dad... see where I'm going?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its strange how he invited the class to go to the pub with him for holidays and for the end of the year party. (yes, 19 years old can drink where I live). Its like he's trying to recapture his youth or he is still stuck in that age. He's that teacher assistant that I have a crush on. He's the only teacher assistance that holds party out of class. Does he want to hang with the young crowd or something?

It's probably hard to see it now, but if he's wanting to hang out socially with people so much younger, he's got a maturity problem. You can fantasize about your crush to your heart's content, but I'd leave it at that if I were you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm 24, but quite a mature one. I have recently been with 18 year olds and they're too young. They tend to become really besotted with you so quick and it shows their maturity.

19 is my limit now - I think there is a massive difference between 18 and 19. Go for it mate, see how it goes.

Just remember they are young and they will probably hurt you with someone else.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Disgusting? Absolutely not.

But I'm not going to be serious with a 19 year old. It would just be for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Disgusting? Absolutely not.

But I'm not going to be serious with a 19 year old. It would just be for fun.
    Why wouldn't you be serious with her? What if she is mature for her age and wouldn't tolerate that from any guys? Does it mean there is no way you would commit to her?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by frustrated_love View Post
    I'm 24, but quite a mature one. I have recently been with 18 year olds and they're too young. They tend to become really besotted with you so quick and it shows their maturity.

19 is my limit now - I think there is a massive difference between 18 and 19. Go for it mate, see how it goes.

Okay, but you are only 24.....and there's a big difference between someone your age, and someone in their late twenties. I'm 28, I have friends in their early to mid twenties, and even with a five year spread in our age differences we're at completely different stages in our lives. Now imagine the difference between someone my age and a 19 year old? Ugh, not even an option (for a serious relationship).

Btw, there's really not a lot of difference between 18 and 19. Come on, it's only a year's difference.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why wouldn't you be serious with her? What if she is mature for her age and wouldn't tolerate that from any guys? Does it mean there is no way you would commit to her?
    At 19, you just don't have the world experience to be 'mature for your age'. It's not about how grounded you think you are--it's about the fact that you just don't have the experiences that I do.

If she wouldn't tolerate that from any guys, we wouldn't be dating. I wouldn't use her--but she'd know there wasn't anything serious there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast