+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex, Childbirth, Orgasm

Sex, Childbirth, Orgasm

Hi

not been around for a while, have been busy

I have three children already and last pregnancy my sex drive through the roof and my orgasm's were amazing.

Am pregnant again and its the same, tho the orgasms are far more intense than last time, which is great. My partner can't get enough either which is wonderful as so often during pregnancy women feel unattractive and unloved.

I am just wondering about the muscles associated with orgasm and childbirth.
    Does more intense orgasm mean the muscles are stronger or weaker?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know that it has anything to do with muscle strength at all. It's probably related to a change in your hormonal balance. Maybe your physician will know.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I agree with vash. It seems unlikely that your muscles would be changing that much either way while you're pregnant- it seems much more likely that your hormones are responsible. And for once they're doing something nice, rather than just PMS

If anything though, I would suspect that stronger muscles = stronger orgasm. I know people doing kegel exercises say that they're great for sex.

Kegels certainly improve sex for the man, but her orgasms are nerve-related, not muscular.

This is a hormone thing, Ailish. I was horny as hell when I was pregnant too.
    Spammer Spanker

Nothing's sexier than a fully developed fetus ripping it's way through a woman's uterine canal, tell you what.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, nothing is sexier than a hairy, HIV-positive aborted fetus

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    damn girl, i think that soon you can star on the show, "cheaper by the dozen"...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

we don't do physicians for pregnancy in the UK Vashti. All midwives unless you are unlucky enough to be harrassed the full period by a consultant (obstetrician). First class arrogant morons they are . I won't see my midwife until I am 24wks (am 14wks atm) so I will maybe ask her then if she knows.

By the by. I know that there is increased blood flow to vaginal areas during pregnancy. Makes everything that bit more sensitive.
    But I wouldn't have thought that effected the spasm's experienced during orgasm.

Yes Ailish, it is due to the increase sensitivity because of the increase bloodflow. Kegels can increase bloodflow too and are good for women as well and the orgasm does involve the nervous system and muscle contractions.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No prenatal care until 6 months? You guys are barbarians!

Who cares WHY orgasms are better - just enjoy it while it lasts. Many women have a decreased interest by the third trimester.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No prenatal care until 6 months? You guys are barbarians!

Who cares WHY orgasms are better - just enjoy it while it lasts. Many women have a decreased interest by the third trimester.
    In comparison to the money market and technocratic model of childbirth currently present in US obstetric practise (including the illegalisation, arrest, and prosecution of midwives outside a hospital environment in some states). I completely disagree.

Besides, its my choice. They did want to see me at around 17 weeks but I have better things to do having 3 kids already. Its not as if I haven't done it before

Hopefully my interest won't decrease. Its wonderful regardless of how it happens. Cheers my partner up no end too. We were busy up until the last week with my youngest

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, don't be so defensive! I have a very good British friend who gave birth 3 times at home.

As for me - I'd prefer the hospital, but that's because I've worked in OB/Peds and have seen many of the things that could (and do) go wrong. Also, I absolutely adored my physician.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd prefer a midwife to a physician, all my friends highly recommend them. They generally know more about babies and caring for them and the changes your body is going through, than some crusty old doctor.

Also, our medical coverage in Canada is starting to cover midwives, so you don't have to use your physician as your primary consultant during your pregnancy. You can also give birth in the hospital with the aid of a midwife as opposed to a physician.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I'd prefer a midwife to a physician, all my friends highly recommend them. They generally know more about babies and caring for them and the changes your body is going through, than some crusty old doctor.
    I disagree with this. A midwife may know as much about healthy births as a physician, but they don't know as much about problem births, nor are they able to treat them (at least, not in the states). That's why doctors make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That's why doctors make more money.
    They make more money because of supply and demand and the ability to generate large revenue for the hospitals/pharmaceutical industries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast