+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the neti pot

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's taking a long time now because his congestion is obstructing the water flow.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

So I finally broke down and actually entered this thread. Had to youtube the demo video to understand what the hell this was. Here is a comment from the youtube page:

DylanThomas1993 (1 day ago)
    "thats fukin gross

this is like two gfirls one cup kiddie version "

Haha I would have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think it's taking a long time now because his congestion is obstructing the water flow.
    oh yeah. that happens. try the recipe i suggested, it's much stronger and will probably go through faster.

donut boy- people with sinus problems don't care if it's gross.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    oh yeah. that happens. try the recipe i suggested, it's much stronger and will probably go through faster.

donut boy- people with sinus problems don't care if it's gross.
    You're talking to someone who didn't know most people have no problem sleeping on their back without needing to constantly re-alternate their nostril-drip angle until he was 13.

Immunotherapy man, 4 years. That's a fukcin needle yo.

wow. you were a sick kid.

do you still have problems? you might like the neti pot.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, does this thing actually work, Miso? My yoga instructor swears by it, but then again she's a yogi & they believe all kinds of weird stuff...

It seems sound in principle, but how do you make sure you get all the liquid back out? The few drops of peroxide is a good idea to keep it sterile. I imagine you must clean the thing very carefully?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

yeah you have to clean it to get all the boogies out.

i don't know how it would work for anyone else. but for me, i wish i would have gotten one sooner and i could have saved myself all kinds of misery.

i sleep better, i see better, i don't get headaches, i smell more, and i breath clearly. and i have had sinus problems all my life.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut View Post
    You're talking to someone who didn't know most people have no problem sleeping on their back without needing to constantly re-alternate their nostril-drip angle until he was 13.

Immunotherapy man, 4 years. That's a fukcin needle yo.
    My kid is getting immnotherapy sublinguinally. Did you think it helped?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

He's getting shots under his tongue? That's gonna be some nasty scar tissue. Yes I believe it worked.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut View Post
    He's getting shots under his tongue? That's gonna be some nasty scar tissue. Yes I believe it worked.
    No - sublinguinal therapy are DROPS that are absorbed under the tongue. It is based on the same idea as injections (and the same "medication" which is in this case, increasing amounts of the allergen), but a different method of delivery.... kind of like oral medications versus an injection.

Still sounds horrible. Why not go for a swift stick in the arm? Or the ass even?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You think driving to the doctor's office once or twice a week to be jabbed with a needle is easier than putting a couple of drops of solution under your tongue by yourself after you brush your teeth?

Has he started it yet? I used to get the occasional reaction and I think I'd rather have it on my arm in the hospital than in my mouth in the middle of the night. Things have probably changed since I was a young'n though. I actually had to walk to the hospital 3 miles barefoot in the snow and I didn't complain.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We have an epinephrine injection on hand in case of anaphylaxis, and he hasn't had any reaction at all since he started. I suspect he would have a systemic reaction rather than a localized one, but I guess we will see in time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123