+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing and Style

Dressing and Style

Hey people, I'm a male, 16 years old, high school.

I've decided I want to change my looks again, in terms of clothing. It's not that my clothes look bad or something, I always have like 5 girls complimenting me everytime I buy a new t-shirt or something (combined with 5 guys calling me metrossexual, but who cares) but I just don't feel right with my clothes.

I only buy what I love. It's like a feeling, I walk in a shop, take 2 minutes to look at everything and decide if I want anything. Most of the times, I don't like more than one piece of clothing in the same shopping.

But the problem is that I've stopped liking my current style. I don't like my clothes anymore. I dress in t-shirt or sweaters with lots of applications, S-sized, shining things, original. I add some jeans which are usually dark colored (either blue or black), sometimes with something on it to make it stand out.

I use Vans and that sort of shoes but I've fed up with them, they look like children shoes.

I wouldn't normally be posting this here, but I want some oppinions on what sort of clothings I should buy. I'm very picky, I usually imagine what I want to wear and go looking for something that looks alike, albeit I'm almost always unsuccesfull at that.

Should I go for a more mature style? Most girls I hang out with (about 16-19) say I look 18 so I don't know if I should do so...

Should I go for the overall set instead of going for each individual piece of clothing? What I mean is that I usually buy things separately and people tell me that my style is original because I don't focus on one store (one label).

I'd like to hear your oppinion. Speak your mind.

You are a metrosexual. Style? WTF? Is it your fake image you develope? But I guess its the identity chrisis of teenagers. I don't remember having one personally but maybe I will have when I hit 30 or something since I progress very slowly...

I just wear clothes that I like, this is my style. I never focus on brand, only colour and cut is important. The less pictures the better... I have custom blouses, t-shirts, sweaters and a hoodie. So I guess I am casual, which is absolutely fine for me.
    Don't expect anything.

No, it's a way of making people understand what I'm talking about.

Actually I don't consider that there is one style or another style, but most people do, so in order to explain myself better I use something they can understand. It's called rapport.

Yeah, I know the personnality issues, as a teenager I've had quite a few, as most people do, even though I'm not always conscious about them.

How do you get custom blouses?

omg i'm having the same problem.

i dress kinda cute and my my bf's always awww, and you look cute today. but i hate it.i want him to say you look sexy. i only wear it coz uni's over in 3 weeks and theres no point buying a new wardrobe till i go back in october and by then it'll be cold.

but i wana change my look. i wana be slutty, sophisticated but not too slutty if ya know what i mean. and i duno what to do with my hair. its long and dark and just there.

to the original poster i love guys in 3/4 jeans and t-shirts with sneakers, especially since the summers coming. you're young, you're allowed to look cute.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

See, okapa, you are like a girl.
    Don't expect anything.

Lol : D Not really, I don't want to change my clothing so that I get more attention (!sophisticated but not too slutty!, quoting her), I want to change it because I don't love my clothes anymore... Makes any sense?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by okapa View Post
    Hey people, I'm a male, 16 years old, high school.

I've decided I want to change my looks again, in terms of clothing. It's not that my clothes look bad or something, I always have like 5 girls complimenting me everytime I buy a new t-shirt or something (combined with 5 guys calling me metrossexual, but who cares) but I just don't feel right with my clothes.

I only buy what I love. It's like a feeling, I walk in a shop, take 2 minutes to look at everything and decide if I want anything. Most of the times, I don't like more than one piece of clothing in the same shopping.

But the problem is that I've stopped liking my current style. I don't like my clothes anymore. I dress in t-shirt or sweaters with lots of applications, S-sized, shining things, original. I add some jeans which are usually dark colored (either blue or black), sometimes with something on it to make it stand out.

I use Vans and that sort of shoes but I've fed up with them, they look like children shoes.

I wouldn't normally be posting this here, but I want some oppinions on what sort of clothings I should buy. I'm very picky, I usually imagine what I want to wear and go looking for something that looks alike, albeit I'm almost always unsuccesfull at that.

Should I go for a more mature style? Most girls I hang out with (about 16-19) say I look 18 so I don't know if I should do so...

Should I go for the overall set instead of going for each individual piece of clothing? What I mean is that I usually buy things separately and people tell me that my style is original because I don't focus on one store (one label).

I'd like to hear your oppinion. Speak your mind.

I don't know where you live, but where I live, some high school boys are wearing blazers over their T-shirts and topsider shoes with jeans.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by okapa View Post
    Lol : D Not really, I don't want to change my clothing so that I get more attention (!sophisticated but not too slutty!, quoting her), I want to change it because I don't love my clothes anymore... Makes any sense?
    Be sure that the look you're aiming for is not too outlandish where you are.., in NYC.. a (casual/sophisticated) look is widely accepted.., as is a (gothing/punk-rock) look.., as is almost any other look you can think of.., but not every city is the same.. make sure the ideas you convey through your style are not strongly opposed in your immediate area..

Style is a personal choice.., unique to each person.., you can tell a lot about a person just by the way they dress.., it is a reflection of many things.., so be aware of what you're conveying..

Some ideas that you may find helpful in picking your desired look:

- Goals (casual, relaxed, sophistocated) anything more than that is excessive and show-offy.., there's no reason to pea-cock.., and there's no reason to dress "thuggish" or "punkish".., you don't need to conform to any model of "macho" or masculine power.., your look will capture your personal power on it's own.. and speak for itself..

Personal Style: (for you to get some ideas)

Shirts & Pants:

[url]http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/SectionPage.jsp?JSESSIONID=LHnf52G2wL91hpk7Tftnwfm zMNzCkj5gLJzprn5CRrbpTvFrYTQ9!397858284&catID=2&#3 7;2C534%2C374%2C306%2C418%2C052&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder _id=2534374306418052&prp8=t6&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_i d=1408474399545537&bmUID=1208461215172[/url]
    [url]http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10901&categoryId=12202[/url]
    [url]http://www.emporioarmani.com/home.asp?tskay=3FD17CD7&gender=U[/url]

Accessories:

saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524445808 561&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492703392&ASSORTME NT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=120845583394 6&ev19=1:9

saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446149 303&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492709086&ASSORTME NT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=120845590000 1&ev19=2:11

armaniexchange.com/product/mens/luxe/logo+dress+belt.do?asc=&sortby=&size=

justmetal.com/storefront/product_info.php?products_id=103

justmetal.com/storefront/product_info.php?products_id=182

justmetal.com/storefront/product_info.php?products_id=190

store.soliscompany.com/so11wibalepl1.html

store.soliscompany.com/sohaorbr.html

products.gem-fashion.com/chains_bracelets/Silver-Men-Bracelets-Chains/brown-leather-bracelet2.html

products.gem-fashion.com/chains_bracelets/Silver-Men-Bracelets-Chains/cord-bracelet.html

products.gem-fashion.com/chains_bracelets/Silver-Men-Bracelets-Chains/hinge-bracelet.html

armaniexchange.com/product/mens/accessories/signature+baseball+hat.do?asc=&sortby=&size=

armaniexchange.com/product/mens/all+sale/sale+accessories/wings+logo+trucker+hat.do?asc=&sortby=&size=

armaniexchange.com/product/mens/accessories/hats/raised+logo+baseball+hat.do?asc=&sortby=&size=

Shoes:

emporioarmani.com/item/men/spring-summer/Shoes/Flip-Flops/tskay/3FD17CD7/gender/U/cod10/44097870GI

emporioarmani.com/item/men/spring-summer/Shoes/Loafer-with-Perforated-Edge-Detail/tskay/3FD17CD7/gender/U/cod10/440978914U

store.puma.com/pumaUSStore/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=PumaUS&category%5Fname= MensLifestyleFootwear&product%5Fid=30048302&produc tType=Footwear&mainCategory=Men&shopBy=style&sitei d=1

saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446180 407&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492703892&ASSORTME NT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=120845557998 7&ev19=2:14

saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446186 298&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492707617&ASSORTME NT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=120845559611 5&ev19=4:11

saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446185 278&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492709356&ASSORTME NT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=120845563758 8&ev19=3:1

saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446156 043&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492703892&ASSORTME NT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=120845563766 0&ev19=3:10

saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446184 286&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492706967&ASSORTME NT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=120845571584 1&ev19=5:4

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Okapa, buy one outfit that is a complete departure from your usual style and see how it makes you feel. Don't commit to a total style makeover until you've tried out some different things.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah don't worry about that, it's difficult for me to like some jeans, it would be very rare for the to like a lot of clothing...

Thanks for showing me the meaning of sophisticated grk, I'm still going to take a look arond because even though that looks modern and stylish I'm not sure it fits my age, I'm going to try to mix it up a bit.

Thanks on your view points.

Take a pic of yourself in those, and we can evaluate your style.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    In terms of style, I really do not find mainstream clothing, such as Aeropostale, American Eagle, A&F, etc., that attractive. I just see it as a cheap attempt, although the clothing might be expensive.

I usually just wear a brown/black/gray shirt (long/short sleeve) with a white tanktop underneath, and some khakis/corduroys/painters pants. I don't like jeans very much, but I have them for when I don't feel like doing laundry.

I like to wear earthy, dull colors. I stick to low chroma, but sometimes, you will see me in a blue or a green shirt. For shoes, I usually wear my addidas. They are black and white, they look pretty nice, I payed $50 for them. Sometimes I wear my combat boots or work boots.

Then again, I really don't get compliments on my clothing that much. But I really don't have the money to piss away on fashion statements...
    Last edited by anachronistic; 18-04-08 at 07:52 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know where you live, but where I live, some high school boys are wearing blazers over their T-shirts and topsider shoes with jeans.
    I think those are male equivalents of women who wear those ridiculous barbarian-style boots. No offense. It's become kind of a mainstream look...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I think those are male equivalents of women who wear those ridiculous barbarian-style boots. No offense. It's become kind of a mainstream look...
    Meh, it beats saggy jeans with comic book sweatshirts or dorky polo shirts. I'm sick of males looking either like thugs or like suburban dorks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast