+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing and Style

anachronistic Guest
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I am just sick of people not being able to find their own style.

It depends on the person. Post a picture!

Move to Berkeley where you can scavenge 4 thrift stores within a 0.5 mile radius and get all the cool stuff for cheap.

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea how to shop: buy what you're "feeling." It won't matter how stylish your clothes look if you're not comfortable sporting them, ya dig? I know what you mean about vans, which are in my opinion the perfect shoes - they have become somewhat mass produced and can look pretty high school. Of course, you're in high school but I know what you're trying to do Ace. Vans recently collaborated with Marc Jacobs (pretty high fashion, all the dumb sluts like him), and churned out some sweet limited editions. Just make sure to get enough talc powder if you're going to go the whole sockless route, which is very "in" these days.

In my opinion, the backbone of style is function. First, make sure it fits, like a canvas on a frame. Than you can begin to paint.

Tedel Guest
    Damn, kid, keep it simple: a man should look like a man; a woman should look like a woman: not like a jerk, not like a bitch, not like an aristocrat, not like an emo, not like a thrash-metal-fan... just like a person.

People will judge you accoding to what you look like. You know it. What do you want them to think about you?

Style is a very personal choice. For some it's important, for others it's not. But I believe it is always nice for us men to be hygiene, well groomed, and clean cut. And the most important aspect of style should be comfort. Do you feel comfortable in how you dress, and express yourself? If not, you're probably trying to be someone you're not.

You asked for suggestions. This is what my basic wardrobe consists of.

Shoes: Simple and light weight
    [url]http://www.zappos.com/images/126/126799/3034-526994-d.jpg[/url]

Jeans: Some may disagree, but you get what you pay for. Sonetti and Mavi are quality
    [url]http://www.w1style.co.uk/products/ss06-548xc-blu_c.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://www.w1style.co.uk/products/aw05-10cv70e-dnm_c.jpg[/url]

T-Shirts: Again, pay a little more, and go for quality. I prefer the graphic tees, but i avoid buying tops with the brand name logo written on them - i refuse to be a walking billboard

So, get about 3 shoes. 5 pairs of Jeans. And a bunch of random t-shirts. And you've got yourself the new look. But make sure everything you buy fits well, and is comfortable. Can not stress this more.

Then, go for accessories, pullover tops, hats, blazers, sports jackets (I suppose you're too young to want to wear one), watches, braclets, man bags or whatever else. Personally, I like to keep it as simple as possible - I only accessorize with a watch and tic tac's.
    Last edited by Imsomeones; 22-04-08 at 02:14 AM.

And in the end style still comes down to jeans and t-shirts yay. This again proves my point, style is just stupid name.
    Don't expect anything.

Yeah, I got the point, thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post
    but i wana change my look. i wana be slutty, sophisticated but not too slutty if ya know what i mean. and i duno what to do with my hair. its long and dark and just there.
    No I don't know what you mean. But up until this post, I used to have some regard for you.

To the OP, you said you used to dress in things you love. Well, what do you love now? All I can suggest is, experiment. Go to a shop and play around in the changing rooms.

Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and polos when I want to look a little nicer. Plain and simple. As for shoes, I've always been a fan of skater shoes, they're comfortable. Right now these are my favorite shoes, comfortable, light, and easy to run in if I have to, not your traditional skate shoe:
    [url]http://www.urbanboardshop.com/image.php?type=T&id=529[/url]

Levis tend to be pretty decently priced and they're quality stuff, had a few pairs for a long time and I tend to abuse them.

Most people don't care what you wear as long as you don't look bad or are trying to stand out.

Make sure you have a nice set of clothes for formal occasions. I like the popped collar, jacket-no-tie look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12