+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i nuts??

am i nuts??

i broke up with the love of my life 5 years ago, i was the one who ended it and to this day i dont have decent reason and its always been in the back of my mind that i regretted it. we were still really good friends. he still loved me for at least two years afterwards that i know of. during that time he moved to canada (i live in australia) and we still stayed in contact and are still really close. hes been there for 4 years now. ive tried every reasonable and unreasonable way of trying to move on but still have not so i gave up on trying to move and have come to the conclusion that i will fly all the way to him in canada from australia to tell him that i am still in love with him and always have been. am i nuts? is this doomed? i dont know i just dont know. how do i do this? how do u go to all this effort and tell him, the boy whose heart you broke so hard, that you've always loved him??
    please help.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

Most likely doomed, but these things are never easy to tell.

So tell me, hodgo why did you break up with him in the first place? (what was the cause?) What made him move to Canada? Is he still single? What's the age gap between you two?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

i dont have a decent reason for ending it. i never did. i guess the fact we were at different schools was a part of it but definatley not the sole reason. he moved to canada with his folks. his mums canadian and his dad got a job over there. currentlly he is single, since he left he's only had one gf, it didn't last long. age gap? there isn't really one, he's about to turn 18 and i turned 17 a month or so ago. do you really think its doomed???
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

Friend

Your both very young and this long distance relationship won't work out for now.
    I say just keep him on friend status for now, and go meet other people, and after your both done with school and still single, only then it would work.
    Everything in life happens for a reason, so go out there and gain some experience.
    High school doesn't mean too much in terms of love, once you hit university you start to see, If it'll last.
    Last edited by Kromat; 27-04-08 at 12:20 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

so let me get this straight..you broke up with him when you were 12..and you're wondering why you dont have a solid reason. i think i know why.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ???

Forget about him. You will be embarrassed later on if he witnessnes you do something so impulsive. Besides, if he is like 99.9% of 18 year olds, he won't be able to move anywhere without his parent's blessing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

please dont doubt my feeling guys i know i was incredibly young but these feelings have been with me for 6 years now and ive treid every reasonable and unreasonable way to move on but it hasnt worked.

You're not dumb just young and naive.
    Er... I mean nuts. You're not nuts.

Funny thing about naivete, if you realized it, you wouldn't be.

Go do something.