+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't like when my dreams dictate my mood...

I don't like when my dreams dictate my mood...

URGH! Lastnight my head was filled with 3 different dreams. All at random times. I'd dream one, freak out, get up, pee, fall back asleep, dream another, etc. but throughout the night I'd fall back into the dream I had earlier. GAWD I need to escape these somehow. I mean these were violent dreams and ones with family members, noone was killed, but it was heading in that direction. The last dream I really am disturbed by it and thus has made me feel uckeeee. I dreamt of my x(the one who abused me). But there was so much passion I can't stand it. I couldnt feel anything per say, but the intense passion. Geezuz I'm going to hell.

My dreams are just too freakn real, I need to see someone about these damn things. Theyre too colorful and too realistic. And no I wasnt on my somas lastnight.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

i've had nights like that too of one bad dream after another.

it's just out minds way of working out some things and letting us reminisce about certain things.

don't worry too much about it mija, it was only a dream.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I had a scary dream recently.

In the dream - there was me and one of my brothers. I can't remember but I think my late mother was in there too. We were on our way up to meet my father at my cousin's place. When we got up to the floor (it was a condo), the was a pool of blood and I saw my cousin coming towards it... and when he saw us, he got really pale and said something along the lines of "they are here..." (I think he meant us and he was shouting to his family) and instantly, I thought of my father. I started screaming for my father and ran towards my cousin's place... he said that my father was holding an umbrella and got into a fight..... and all of a sudden I woke up.

Ever since my mother passed away, I have dreamed of my best friend who died from a car accident too. Then the dream I mentioned. I know people would say it's just a dream but I can't help thinking if there's a sign somewhere - whatever the sign is.
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Sounds like you have too much liquid in your system. When your bladder is full, your sleeping brain will translate this discomfort into an uncomfortable mental state, which may be causing your bad dreams. Drink less fluids before bed and you will have a more restful night, probably not even remembering most of your dreams regardless of what they are. Another tip is to sleep in absolute darkness if possible. Same reason.

Hmm I typically wont drink anything after 7 just to avoid getting up, but for whatever reason there I was hitting the toilet. I feel better this afternoon. I've just had such vivid dreams in the past it freaks me out. It shouldnt, but anyway. Id be happier if I were dreaming some unrealistic things. I like those where Im actually flying like a bird, those are great!

I have had all sorts of issues with sleep so I'm full of suggestions. If it becomes a real issue for you let me know, I'd like to help.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    for me, my dreams represent whatevers on my mind. have you been thinking about your ex lately? or maybe problems are stirring up in your family again.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What medications are you taking?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ok, second night a row of this. Dreamt I was with Kyle in the war and he was shot dead in front of me. GAAAAAAAAAAAWD, geezuz, and again, my x. The thing though is that I havent truly thought of him in like 8 years. But its like he's coming to me for some damn thing. He really burned me. He told me in my dream he still loved me, but he was at my house where my husband and I live. WTF? I honestly do not want anything with him. I'm truly happy with my husband. Our relationship just gets stronger. The last few weeks have been tremendous.

I'm not taking any pills either. Usually if Im taking a pain killer that will do it, or if Im watching some show right before bed it preempts something. This is why I'm perplexed. My life is so good. I got up this morning and right away told my husband I loved him. I mean truly we have been happy. My son is happy, I miss him bad. And I have been thinking about the military, which by the way he's getting disqualified. He was trying to get out, and the Lt. didnt like his discharge papers, so he told him he could get out with the fact he doesnt have a high school diploma, he does, he has a GED, but its not from a credited High School per say. So my whole family is relieved. His best friend who didnt pass bootcamp, failed his PT test, he's being shipped out to Iraq in June, his other best friend from here, who went from the Marines to the Army, thought he was safe because he changed careers, he's also being shipped to Iraq in June. I'm thankful Kyle changed his mind. I'm NOT disappointed him, thats the mother talking.

Anyway, for the x, geezuz, its beyond me. Wait, I've had a few people around me talking about their x's, I wonder...even though I didnt' talk about him, maybe it just triggered my thoughts. Yea that's it. I LOVE MY LIFE! and my HUSBAND!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's probably just stress and worry that is causing the dreams.

I've dreamed were trying to kill my kids before - it's really scary, but I guess most moms have had this worry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

ME too , have loads of dreams like my ex with other ladies which is true ... my day mood at work until i get back home is sad and bad because of dreams as if they r true!! sometimes i start dealing with those around me as if they hurt me while they did nt in real life but in my night dreams! HELP with dreams..

Sorry to hear about your nightmares, maybe try listening to music before you sleep, get your mind off the negativity. Dream is often reflection of how you feel inside.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut View Post
    Another tip is to sleep in absolute darkness if possible. Same reason.
    Another important reason for the darkness is the fact that it stimulates the production of melatonin hormone in your body. Production of melatonin by the pineal gland is inhibited by light and permitted by darkness. Melatonin regulates sleep patterns and amount of Leptin hormone. The melatonin signal forms part of the system that regulates the circadian cycle by chemically causing drowsiness and lowering the body temperature.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I recently had a dream that featured Gribble.

Tone Guest
    That lucky dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast