+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bohemiandonut's official what are you eating thread.

bohemiandonut's official what are you eating thread.

After Misombra

So it's not often I actually make the effort to cook for myself, but when I do, I am usually so proud of the results I have to at least make a virtual announcement about it.

Of course, this thread should also be used for any exceptionally tasty snack items you would like to share.

Okay I'll start! Tonight I was freakin exhausted after chem review so I decided to enjoy America's favorite pastime: Carbo-loading!

I got the oven going on a boneless, skinless, battered chicken-breast stuffed with cheese and broccoli, then went to the store to pick up some angel-hair pasta and mushroom marinara. I got the water boiling and made the pasta - oh yeah, I also picked up a Take-n-bake loaf of Italian bread - the kind you brown yourself in the oven for 15 minutes!

The best part is that I timed this all so perfectly well it all came out at EXACTLY the right time - and it all took EXACTLY 30 minutes! Eat your heart out Rachel Ray.

I am just finishing off the last bits of parmesan-encrusted red sauce splotches now. Dude it all fit in this sweet wooden bowl. Oh and I've still got a few ounces of chilled pomegranate-infused table wine to really catalyze all the nourishment.

Ah, the things one is capable of not stoned! Irony!
    : D

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I got Sensodyne toothpaste in my mouth.

I'm sure I'll swallow a bit of it, so I guess that counts as consuming

last night i tried my hands at this wild rice recipe.

it was so good. i soaked some wild rice over night with a little vinegar. then i cooked it with some carrots, onions, celery, piñon, cream of mushroom and some milk. it was ridiculous how good it was.

tonight i ate some nasty pizza from some nasty pizza place.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Last night was asian. Tonight it was open-faced ham sandwiches & soup. French bread w/onions, tomatoes, ham, provolone & herbs toasted under the broiler. Ymmm.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Carbs.., late.,. after an exam.., and then passing out?

I dunno.., if it's after 8pm.., and i'm going to pass out soon.., but I get the urge to eat something.., I make two hard-boiled eggs and have some cranberry juice..

It might not see like a whole lot.., but it fills you up right away.., and it really hits the spot.., especially if you think about all the cholesterol you've just ate.. you don't want to touch food again until you wake up..

Not the case today though.., just three blocks down apparently.., is the most amazing chocolate moose cake i've ever had in my life (orgasms).., wow.., this thing was out of this world.., outside layer was rich dark chocolate.., and then inside that was a layer of soft/moist chocolate cake.., inside that.., warm & rich dark chocolate moose.., inside that.., rasberries & chocolate truffles in a cream/fudge/jam of sorts.., and 2-3 rasberries all in tact.., served slightly warmer than "warm".. (fcuk.., now i'm hungry)

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ironically rachel ray does all this cooking with the commercials..

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

when i'm not at lf, i'm at this website called allrecipes.com. you can make a recipe box. i love this website. i use it all the time.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm eating a sugar free grape popsicle.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

space raiders - prawn cocktail crisps yummy
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Right now, a glass of fresh squeezed oj! To die for! We have a grove behind our house that sells it. I'm so sad because today is the last day they're open, then closed for the summer. So I've bought like 8 half gallons. I bet I drink a half a gallon a day. SOOO good.

Tonight, it's fresh polluck with dill and garlic, baked tater, and a salad. (IF I could I'd have a glass of wine)
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Carbs.., late.,. after an exam.., and then passing out?

I dunno.., if it's after 8pm.., and i'm going to pass out soon.., but I get the urge to eat something.., I make two hard-boiled eggs and have some cranberry juice..

It might not see like a whole lot.., but it fills you up right away.., and it really hits the spot.., especially if you think about all the cholesterol you've just ate.. you don't want to touch food again until you wake up..
    My body was demanding calories, I think it has something to do with this cold I've been fighting for a week on 5 hours of sleep a night. Normally I have a can of sardines on stoned wheat thins for dinner and a handful of raw spinach. I'm serious. It's quite efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post
    space raiders - prawn cocktail crisps yummy
    Wha?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    Right now, a glass of fresh squeezed oj! To die for! We have a grove behind our house that sells it. I'm so sad because today is the last day they're open, then closed for the summer. So I've bought like 8 half gallons. I bet I drink a half a gallon a day. SOOO good.

Tonight, it's fresh polluck with dill and garlic, baked tater, and a salad. (IF I could I'd have a glass of wine)
    Lucky! You're describing what I imagine life in Napa Valley is like.

today i made some strawberry/banana pancakes with cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla. some really yummy syrup, and some cancer causing bacon.

Bring on those cancer causing foods damnit!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tonight is nasty pizza night in our house. I am so burnt out from work this week. I need a holiday.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

tonight i'm making shrimp, red and yellow pepper, mushrooms and onions in a butter/olive oil/garlic sauce over some perfectly cooked angel hair pasta.

with salt. and pepper. and little red chili peppers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast