+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raid on Zion Ranch in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    What do you guys think about it all? I'm on the fence and my husband is livid. (of course he's an attorney and sees the violated rights) I've been called on from the State for child neglect(it was bogus, my friend was pissed at me) BUT it sucked what they put me through. BAM they were at my door and inspected EVERYTHING! Including the cupboards and frig.
    that sucks squirrley. i've heard of that happening and it's awful.

i sort of work with cyfd and i hear about that kind of thing all the time. i have clients who, if they thought their child or loved one was being abused or neglected, would rather deal with it themselves then call the authorities. they just tend to make situations worse.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Really though, my biggest issue is that I really don't believe all those kids were being abused, and to be taken from a loving home and placed into foster care (which is very frequently NOT a good situation) is wrong.
    +1, so again I ask: why now?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wish I knew. I understand someone called and reported abuse, but there is a question about whether or not she is a former disgruntled member.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I saw an interview with an x member who claims the lady who made the call was calling her. I don't know if she is an x member, it doesn't sound like it. But her call got the state in there. And I said the same thing to Chris, they KNOW it's going on, so how and why now? Was it because they KNOW they have no legal grounds unless they get a call of abuse? I do see a problem with the state ceasing so many things that seem or aren't necessarily related to child abuse.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the abuse call was the catalyst. It just got worse when they found a bunch of underage girls with pregnant or with children. In at least one case I heard, they found a 17 year old who already had three children. Considering that most of these children were not 'legally' married to their so-called husbands, this is statutory rape and therefore sexual abuse. The girls' consent means nothing. Most of them probably only consented to these marital arrangements (notice I didn't say marriages) out of fear and pressure.

Like someone already said, I don't care if they're over 18 and want to marry some 50 year old bastard with six other wives. They're adults. I realize polygamy is against the law, but under protection of their religious beliefs, let them do what they want......as long as no one is being physically or emotionally abused, and they are legal consenting adults. I just have a problem with these perverted old bastards screwing 14 year olds.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Amen sista! I've recently read about one of the men who has 21 wives and I think like 60 children or some strange number like it. WTF? That's truly ucky.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Anything involving consenting adults is okay with me but I don't think a 15-year-old is an adult. I remember being 15. I was a child.

Sad that those kids are enduring such emotional trauma, though. They'll never really get over that.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12