+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Women like Quiet Guys

Do Women like Quiet Guys

I'm trying to be a more talkative person is this a bad thing? (Yes I know I am lagging behind on life experiences but I'm trying my best to improve on that).

So what are your honest opinions on quiet guys? (give it to me bluntly and start throwing the bricks)
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

What's your definition of quiet? Like you just don't talk in conversation? You're not outgoing?

A quiet guy is NOT a bad thing, but it depends on what the woman is looking for in a man. Some women like their men settled lets say, and some women want a man who will talk, hold a conversation for awhile, one whose outgoing, a social guy.

So, it all depends on the gal! But being "quiet" is not a bad thing! My husband I would say is a quiet man.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Still waters run deep, Henry.

But you can't be so closed that noone will be interested. I'm sure the usual suspects will have tips on this.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Know when to talk, and when to listen, it sounds simply enough,
    but many people struggle at this aspect of the conversation.

Don't go saying too much, where you go boring your date or friend, that they
    become disinterested, give them a summary and let them give you feedback.

I get carried away sometimes myself, because I want to get a point across and
    am in the moment that I feel what I am saying to be true to my heart and honest.

If your having starting conversations with girls that you want to approach,
    I've said this multiple times, but it can be applied to everyone.

Ex. Start talking to strangers on the street that you come across for a few seconds to a
    minute and listen to what their feedback is, and then respond back and see their reaction.
    This works better when your in public and people around, since your open enough to talk
    to new people without hesitating that they start noticing you and you seem like someone
    that they would like to know and you get more confidence by doing this also.
    It takes lots of practice and experience to let it flow naturally with people, but If your
    an open-minded person and can share your views with anyone, then talking to a girl,
    will be like a friend that you've know for a long time.

P.S. Just go try out methods that work for you, and don't be afraid to make a fool out of yourself,
    at least you tried which most people have trouble doing.
    Last edited by Kromat; 03-05-08 at 11:02 AM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

i tend to like quiet more reserved men. because when they DO say things i usually find that i get so much mroe out of them emotionally and it's so much more stimulating. it's more profound and deep and overall a more worthwhile experience. plus i'd rather have someone i can just sit with in silence and feel comfortable around then someone who feels the need to talk ALL the time.

plus a lot of guys i've met that are quieter end up having a better sense of humor because they have more of an "observer" personality and see things a lot of other people dont' in life. they also seem to be a little more artistic.

okay so this is a lot of "seems" and i know it's not always true for everyone. but overall that's why i personally like quiet men, because this is the impression i've gotten from them in my past.

i personally do not like quiet guys. i'm not really too hot about quiet girls either.

i like interesting people who have things to say and opinions about the world and a sense of humor.

whenever i encounter a quiet/shy person i just want to put new batteries in them or something.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i personally do not like quiet guys.
    i'm not really too hot about quiet girls either.

i like interesting people who have things to say and
    opinions about the world and a sense of humor.

whenever i encounter a quiet/shy person i just want
    to put new batteries in them or something.
    Basically they need energizer batteries to keep you interested, eh?
    Your comments are so funny to read almost all the time.

P.S. I guess some guys should have it say, "Batteries sold separately."
    Last edited by Kromat; 04-05-08 at 03:51 PM.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quiet people may have more opinions than loud people since they are more observers than self-centered participants.
    But quiet people can also be difficult to handle because they see small details which actually is the basis of everything, big things happen from small things. And therefore your opinions may be opposite.
    Don't expect anything.

I can't speak for everyone. But I think quiet guys comes off as being an ass if they are not participating in a conversation when the other person is trying so hard to keep it going. The girl might want the guy to speak up too (equally) and want to know him better. I mean she already know what happened in her day, she wants to hear what she doesn't already know (which is what happened in your day and your opinions). It might depend on the girl. Maybe some girls do like quiet guys especially those who like to talk about themselves and dominate conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Quiet people may have more opinions than loud people since they are more observers than self-centered participants.
    But quiet people can also be difficult to handle because they see small details which actually is the basis of everything, big things happen from small things. And therefore your opinions may be opposite.
    well i can't account for how much they know cause they don't say anything.

when you don't say things, it makes it seem like you don't know anything.

well i can't account for how much they know cause they don't say anything.

when you don't say things, it makes it seem like you don't know anything.
    And quiet guys don't care if you think they don't know anything. There are also quiet guys who don't tell their opinion because it is just too strong for anyone else to handle.
    And if someone is trying hard to keep something going, then he(she is trying too much, which is just a turn off. Quiet guys can be very delicate, difficult to handle, I already told you that. There can also be a case that nothing much happened in his day, which case he doesn't feel the need to talk about it... We, guys, don't get fascination out of every single thing that happens to us. Talking about someones day, day after day is just boring, waste of energy.

There are two types of people: Those who get energy from attention, lots of communication, talking. And those who get energy from being alone. Last group of people tend to give energy whereas the first group is more like consumers and sharers. I tend to be in the last group. It tires me soooo much to talk about shit all day, make stupid jokes just because everyone else is doing it...
    Last edited by boobaa; 04-05-08 at 10:02 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

you don't have to be totally outgoing and extroverted to not be quiet and shy.

it depends on how far you've gone in your relationship

I guess some people just don't want to talk a lot when they are not familiar with others. I mean if you don't want to talk to the girl when you think you should have talked, you actually don't know her very well or you're not sure about how much to reveal. For example, you're not sure how far you've gone in your relationship with her, or you're not sure what her reaction would be if you say this or that. I think everybody has a lot of story to tell, just that they don't want to tell or don't think these stories worth telling, that's how people get quiet.
    Not every girl like talkative guys. I know a lot of guys are really talkative, but I think interaction is more important. Let the girl to know you really cares about her feelings and reactions. You don't want to talk through your date with her saying nothing, right?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whenever i encounter a quiet/shy person i just want to put new batteries in them or something.
    LMAO that was really funny for some reason

But OP, the answer to your question is no. Girls do not like quiet guys. Similarly, girls do not like guys who talk about things of substance, including anything of a technical nature. All girls like to talk about are social things. Kind of like some guys I know at school, they are like girls, all they talk about are "Who took who to the formal? He's in WHAT frat? She was sooo drunk, she wanted him. Did you know Mary is back with John??". STFU!!!!!!!!!!!! Who gives a fuccking FUCCK!

This is one reason it is sooo hard to join girls in conversation. They talk about the stupidest shit, and then think you are stupid for not having anything to say, when in reality the conversation is just a massive mound of diarrhea emitted from their mouths

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    We, guys, don't get fascination out of every single thing that happens to us. Talking about someones day, day after day is just boring, waste of energy.

There are two types of people: Those who get energy from attention, lots of communication, talking. And those who get energy from being alone. Last group of people tend to give energy whereas the first group is more like consumers and sharers. I tend to be in the last group. It tires me soooo much to talk about shit all day, make stupid jokes just because everyone else is doing it...
    Now, its all about you, isn't it? Henry here actually likes the interactions with talkative girls. He is just the passive participant since he only likes to listen. Plus, life is only boring if you see it that way.

Social interactions has its merits. Thats why you are on loveforum, isn't it? If someone is so concern with "important" content then they should just lock themselves in the library.
    Last edited by lastwish; 05-05-08 at 01:54 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast