+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you like your coffee? What does it tell about you?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks GS, that's kind of what I had in mind, too. A lounge-type concept. My mom was also telling me the difference of the cafes in Europe, when she was in France and Italy, and they just seemed 'classier'. I'd like to appeal to a higher echelon of society.....those who appreciate fine coffee and don't want to pick it up quickly in a highly marketed retail setting. Cheapens it, I think.

I think the closest thing to coffee heaven I've experienced is Vietnamese coffee. Seriously, it's amazing.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I think the closest thing to coffee heaven I've experienced is Vietnamese coffee. Seriously, it's amazing.
    There's a good chance the vietnamese coffee you're referring to is a coffee/chicory blend. That's why my dad drinks that stuff. The French occupied Vietnam for a while and the Vietnamese picked up on the chicory deal.

Cafe Au Lait?

wow, i'm suprised to see so many coffee drinkers, and so many different styles and flavors. think i'll make one now!

i like drinking coffee over small talk. a nice hot drink, especially on those cold nights. because it's hot, you get to sip slowly and enjoy a conversation. that's the best part of drinking coffee with someone. drinking alone can be kind of boring, especially if you are not doing anything. but with work while it's on the desk is not too bad.

i guess it's more than a drink. it's a culture, and something we can all relate to. coffee. thanks for eveyone's input on this aromatic, bean, creamed, topic!

I just bought some coffee beans and the package read: Exotic, full-bodied, dark and very rich" and I thought, "Sounds like Salma Hayek".
    Spammer Spanker

......i like chinese's tea!
    Last edited by Kiechi; 12-05-08 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cncommerce View Post
    ......i like chinese's tea!
    well good for u, start ur own sissy tea drinking thread then, this one is for coffee, a real drink.

just kidding, i enjoy tea once in awhile too.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    There's a good chance the vietnamese coffee you're referring to is a coffee/chicory blend. That's why my dad drinks that stuff. The French occupied Vietnam for a while and the Vietnamese picked up on the chicory deal.

Cafe Au Lait?

You're quite right, Fras. Coffee isn't native to Vietnam, it's something the French brought in.....including their style of drinking it. Probably is very similar to chicory, I'll have to see if I can find someplace that serves it to compare....

One of my friends was just down in Miami and was telling me about the Cuban coffee he had in Little Havana. He said you drink it in shots, it's pretty potent. Sounds awesome.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have an espresso machine at home and brew fresh espresso. You take that in shots too

I feel like I've mentioned this somewhere before but try taking your coffee with: HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM. It will change your life. Or at least the way you take your coffee.

Btw, did you know the latte was invented in Berkeley? It is a derivative of the cappuccino. An Italian barista noticed that Americans were not familiar with the strong taste of the Italian cappuccino and would often ask for more milk. This led to the barista asking the kitchen for "piu latte" ("more milk.") Thus the latte is just a diluted cappuccino! Delicious!

when i party with the mob they make me espresso with anisette. it is so ****ing good.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    One of my friends was just down in Miami and was telling me about the Cuban coffee he had in Little Havana. He said you drink it in shots, it's pretty potent. Sounds awesome.
    Mmm! I had cafe con leche down in Key West.

That drink got me into drinking coffee, it was so delicious and smooth.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    when i party with the mob they make me espresso with anisette. it is so ****ing good.
    lol. I was thinking about bringing a bottle of anisette with me to school this semester because my dad has a couple of bottles. I think that would be too old school for most kids to be able to handle

does your dad drink it with espresso?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha no. But sometimes in the summer me and my dad will have a coffee liqeuer in the late morning if we plan on doing anything with the garden or any work in the yard

you garden? how cute.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast