+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A note of bittersweet hope

A note of bittersweet hope

Hi everyone,

A little less than two years ago I lost what I then thought to be the love of my life. It still hurts from time to time to be honest. Everytime I see her or think about her I get angry and sad. And I often still dream about her.

I remember how it felt when she broke up with me, it was like my whole world was crumbling into millions of tiny pieces. I was convinced I would never love again. I had lost the love of my life.

Now, two years later, I can fortunately say altough time hasn't healed my wounds.. the scars are getting less visible now, but I don't think they'll ever disappear completely.

Right now, I'm ready for love again. I'm ready to fall in love again, and feel all the things I once thought I would never feel again. Yes, I would still think about her. Yes, I would probably be stupid enough to take her back if she wanted to (after all the horrible things she did to me), but I'm going on now.

When I read all of your messages here, I really feel your pain. And I really hope, for all of you, that you'll all be able to go on, and find love again. Just remember that we all deserve to be loved and that our pain will get less with time.

All the best

Oh Gosh... oh dear ... I was going to write something similar that will i be ready to love again ... how long it takes to be healed of lf love.. may God heal our hearts and relieve our pains.. may i know more about you?

The pain will go away, but I don't think that you can ever get that innocent feeling back; how nervous you were when you said how you feel for the first time, how great it felt on a first kiss (first real one), how happy you were when you thought to yourself that you are not alone anymore.

I have really changed when my girl left me, some call it harsh realities of life. When those hit you you then build protective walls to never get so hurt again. Then we wait for the one to find us.

There IS light at the end of every tunnel, I am not trying to be pessimistic. But it's just so much pessimism about modern "love" qualities.

Thank you altnickee... few words can indeed give you some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewing View Post
    The pain will go away, but I don't think that you can ever get that innocent feeling back; how nervous you were when you said how you feel for the first time....

I have really changed when my girl left me, some call it harsh realities of life. When those hit you you then build protective walls to never get so hurt again. Then we wait for the one to find us.

There IS light at the end of every tunnel, I am not trying to be pessimistic. But it's just so much pessimism about modern "love" qualities.
    you said it all for me lilwing... sad but true..

as they also say.. you have to kiss a frog/(s) before you find your prince (just hope those warts won't rub off... lol)