+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do i still have feelings for my ex

why do i still have feelings for my ex

i saw my ex 2 day and i havent seen him for a few months so why did every feeling i had for him come rushing back????
    Last edited by Just_Bein_me17; 19-05-08 at 06:25 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Simple. You're not over him. It's very common to still have feelings for an ex. I've dated my ex like an year ago but then everytime i speak to him (even online) I have feelings rushing back. It's the most helpless feeling.

Acknowledge the feeling, don't push it away. But it doesn't mean u have to act on it (there was a reason why you guys broke up). The key thing is just to be honest with yourself that you have those feelings for him but you have enough control over yourself to not act on them.

Use loveforum to rant about it all you want. Sometimes it helps.
    Last edited by lastwish; 19-05-08 at 07:19 AM.

Talking to my ex is like shooting myself in the foot.

I could never and never will go back to her, but if I ever do talk or see her all those feelings come rushing back out of my control. I hate it...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes when you see an ex, you forgot all the reasons you guys broke up ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you're only reminiscing over the past. the better times to be exact.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    Sometimes when you see an ex, you forgot all the reasons you guys broke up ...
    that is the point, u start as if he has done nothing deserves that breakup while there r loads of things to put u apart. You forgive him and cant forgive for others, that might mean u love him from one side only and he doesnt. Dont know!!

You couldn't let go of the past?

When you said feelings, what exactly did you mean? Do you still love him or not?

You have broken for a few months, is it possible that you just can't let go of good memories when you were with him? Is it possible that you have missed being with him but not really being in love with him.

So it's best that you should take some time to sort out your feelings. If you still love him, is it worth to give your relationship another chance?

If you are no longer love him, then may be it's time you should move on. It's hard to forget someone when you have loved him once upon a time. So the best way is for you to take on some more work, spend more time with friends and family, and may be take on some hobbies like tap dancing or craft or painting.

Hope that you can move on,
    Sherry needs to review the policies for advertising other relationship advice sites on LF, doesn't she?

I appreciate what u said Cherry , hopefully i get more and more work until i die of working and still i am not over him yet while it is more than 4 years now! what else cd i do, awful family and no freinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Bein_me17 View Post
    i saw my ex 2 day and i havent seen him for a few months so why did every feeling i had for him come rushing back????
    I'm fortunate enough to not see any of my exs from my long term relationships in person after the break up, so it's hard to reply to this. Perhaps some of the feelings never go away. It's important to not get overwhelmed by them and remember why the break up occured in the first place. Your positive feeling will be quickly replaced by the negative ones.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

some time u prefer ur ex pits and falls to your awful loneliness

I used to feel that way about one ex I had. Seeing him was almost physically painful, I wanted him back so badly.

I think you have to try harder to avoid him if there's no chance of reconciliation. Sometimes that's the only answer.
    Spammer Spanker

u will laugh if i said we r in tw different continents and i did the travel to him once and spent soemtime together but went as we were while married sad and tearful ... and when i returned back he said we cant get back again and never asked about kid unless he is in a visit and i dont have nerves and when i fixed a date to see kid he said he was travellign and cd not meet hsi kid that time.!!!

I would say you dont really miss your "ex" but the security you felt with them. If u havent found anyone that makes u feel the same way they did then the thought of going back to them may seem like an easy choice. just dont forget why u broke up in the first place.
    "I only wanted someone to love, but something happened on the way to heaven"

There are several ways you can use to get over him. Don't worry about this at all, you are definitely not alone in this as many have also gone through this before.

1. Take note of your body when you first see your ex. Normally the feeling is very intense and starts from some part of the body.

2. Keep quiet for a while and ask if the feeling itself is willing to let go.

3. Simply let go and let the feeling dissipate off your body.

You may need to do this several times per day and being able to move on is much greater for you.
    spam is bad, mmmkay?

heres something to lit you up, i dated this guy for a week, we had a stupid argument and just stopped talking. i have a lot of questions still...it's been 2 months and i think about him still. how's that for pathetic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast