+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hm, not really sure where this topic would go...

Hm, not really sure where this topic would go...

It's not necessarily about "love", but I guess this is the best board to put this on. Anyway, let me start off with a little bit of background to the situation.

All through high school, I was pretty shy, didn't date, or anything (although I wanted to...). There was this one girl that was pretty shy and didn't really get much attention from the opposite sex (kinda like me...). I didn't particularly know her very well, though; in junior year, my friends randomly started teasing me that I was in love with that girl, which confused me because, again, her and I didn't have much contact.

I didn't get it, but I just shrugged it off, despite the fact that they kept it up for two years, until we graduated. We've been out of high school for a year now (I'm 19); I was talking to my friends recently, and somehow, we got to talking about that whole situation. I asked them why they started doing that in the first place, and they revealed to me that they had overheard a conversation of hers, and found out that she had a big crush on me. I was shocked; my friends were surprised that I didn't already know that.

I thought about it a little, and I started to remember that during senior year, her and I *kind of* flirted with each other a little bit, but being that we were both shy, neither of us pursued anything. Honestly, I probably would've dated her if I knew she was interested.

All of a sudden, I have an interest in trying to look this girl up somewhere. I'm not particularly "hung up" on her, or anything like that, but I'm just... curious, you know? I'd really like to get back in touch with her, and if there's still some interest, I would try to date her, but if not, no biggie.

I'm kind of having trouble finding her, though. I Googled her name, didn't get any results. I tried looking her up on Facebook, didn't get any results. I looked her up on MySpace, and I found a profile that I'm 99% sure is hers, but she has no pictures, no profile writeup, only has two friends (both of which I recognize as girls that went to the same high school as us), and she hasn't logged on in about two months. I searched her last name on WhitePages.com, and found what I assume are her parents phone number, but that'd be way too weird to just call that number and ask for her...

So any other ideas on how I might be able to get back in touch with this girl before I throw in the towel? I considered writing to the two friends she has on her MySpace page to maybe get some info, but I didn't really know them personally in high school, so it feels kind of weird to do that. I suppose I could write to her via that MySpace profile; I know MySpace sends you an e-mail whenever some one writes you, so I would think she'd see it, but maybe not... I dunno.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let it go.

Tedel Guest
    Forget it... You're after a past tense, and past tense is never like the future.