+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wanted: Creative People with Expert Dating Advice

Wanted: Creative People with Expert Dating Advice

Hokay, well, I've finally got to hang out with this girl who I've only seen around a few times. She's pretty cute and nice. I've barely talked to her until this year. Again, I still don't see her all too often. I think I like her and I need a creative but subtle way ask her to spend time with me...hence...a date! SO, I'd basically like to ask a girl out, whom i don't know all to well, to go out with me, but subtly so it won't be too weird. Just a casual thing, nothing like candlelit dinners or walks on the beach. She's into tennis and is outgoing and is also very moral, yet creative and outrageous! Thanks a bunch! Please help...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just ask her if she wants to get together and play tennis? If you don't know how, ask her if she can teach you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Haha, easier said than done. I like the idea. Thanks. I'd still like to hear more ideas though.

You can ask her to have a tennis competition with you. Whoever wins gets treated to lunch. When you get there make sure you have some game but let her win at the end.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HippoCRATE View Post
    Haha, easier said than done. I like the idea. Thanks. I'd still like to hear more ideas though.
    Okay, but I think you may be missing a golden opportunity. Recreational sports are a PERFECT date for an athletic girl - she is sure to have fun (unless you are a poor sport). Good feelings are sure to follow, which can be propelled into lunch afterwards. It's a perfect date idea.

PS - I don't think you need to et her win. Most jock-girls are good sports.
    Last edited by vashti; 21-05-08 at 08:06 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Oh, dude, I'm not bashing your idea. In fact I might do it, but i'd like to get more ideas is all. Keep in mind that I dont see her too much! How bout ways of asking her. YOU GUYS AND GIRLS ARE AWESOME THANKS!!

ohhh...better idea. Don't let her win but if you happen to win..still treat her to lunch. That will really show off your gentlemen side.

Here it comes, my suggestion... and it will sound familiar.
    1. LATIN DANCING LESSONS, if she's as outgoing as you say she is, she'll love the idea to learn.
    2. AIR BALLOON RIDE to see the city.
    3. CAMPING under the stars, and walking on the beach.
    4. POTTERY CLASS
    5. SKY DIVING, that will show her you have guts
    6. BUNGEE JUMPING, hope it doesn't break your heart.
    7. ROCK CLIMBING, hold on tight.
    8. JACUZEE with candlelight dinner.

These are some I'd like to try myself, but I'm still new, so what do I know

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by HippoCRATE View Post
    Oh, dude, I'm not bashing your idea. In fact I might do it, but i'd like to get more ideas is all. Keep in mind that I dont see her too much! How bout ways of asking her. YOU GUYS AND GIRLS ARE AWESOME THANKS!!
    Hey

My friends and I are going to play tennis on ___ we need another person so I told them you are perfect for it, with all your experience and stuff. Meet us at __ on ___, don't go easy on us we are looking forward to a good game.

--If you want without friends, then on the day

Sorry, my friends couldn't make it today, looks like it's just you and me then. But I still want a good game!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How about this:

Hey __________, how about we get together and play a game of tennis?

I don't suggest you try "tricking" her into a date. If she wasn't really interested in you, she will find it annoying.

Wow thanks! I'm not trying to keep anything a secret here so let me also let you guys and girls know that I actually can't play tennis that well, I had lessons when I was 10 and played basketball for about 9 years. Also, I'm not as outgoing as I am with girls I like. I tend freeze up and act strange and awkward. I don't even know if she likes me so, I'm hoping that she'll at least give me the chance to try and impress her. Thanks again. Feel free to give me more suggestions and ways to ask her out. I got two days or so.

I would advice to avoid asking for a date with a question that leaves a lot of room for choice. Unless you are ready for responses that leave you hanging. "Let me get back to you on that", "I'll let you know closer to the date if I'm free or not" "How about I check my diary and get back to you".

What I found works best is you being direct. Along the lines of I am free and doing this on this day, if you're interested come along. It's her choice to show up on the day or not, there's nothing to get back to you on. Finalize it right there and then.
    Last edited by Mish; 21-05-08 at 11:02 AM.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Oh, that makes a bunch of sense. You're awesome! I still welcome many other ideas and such... I ONLY HAVE 2 DAYS!!! HELP! I'd like to get it right the first time.