+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What can i do , invite or NOT or How?

What can i do , invite or NOT or How?

Hi there,
    Two friends of mine ( a lady around 70 who will be accompanied with a guy around forties ) invited themselves to visit me. By that time, I would be away for a job overseas! They used to invite me for lunch and were good to me while my stay at their country, what to say to them now? I invited them to my new place when i get myself arranged there. They replied back that the lady wants talk to me over the phone to tlak about a possible visit!!! They gave me her house phone number. What could i do now... i am really busy at work to finish off my duties at my current job and will go to a one week resort here as a short break after hard work, then i will be more busy getting ready to travel with my kid alone in mid August. So what will i do now? neglect or send email saying that or call which will cost me much as well??
    by the way, i keep my bank statements with them and cards, i do trust them indeed.

Thanks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's the issue? Is it that you will be out of town when they visit? If so, just tell them. If they are looking for a place to stay in your area, and you trust them, you could tell them they are free to stay in your home while you are gone.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The most polite thing would be a phone call asking after them. Say that you got their message but that, unfortunately b/c of work commitments, you won't be in town when they are visiting. Give them your regrets, say it would have been nice & perhaps next time you can get together if the opportunity arises. Wish them a pleasant trip. Perhaps give them some suggestions for where to visit when they are there.

If cost is an issue, simply send a polite email saying the same thing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The issue is that if they wanted to come when i am here, i will not have time for themm... .i will be here but not outside town but not having time. i do not want turn them down and also cant invite them right now. my dad will be at home so how can he take care of them.. not an option to invite them and there is no place as well so how to say that wthout hurting them?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you tell them when it would be more convenient for you to host a visit?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just replace the words 'in town' with 'available' in my last post. So simple, what's the big deal? Do you owe them money or something?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Definitely not ... LOL but u need to retun a favour but i cant.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good people, esp older folk like the sort you mention, don't do favours expecting a return. If you wish to thank them, how about a small, tasteful gift w/a card? A photo of you & your child as remembrance or something like?

My husband & I have helped several young ppl through various things over the years; we deal w/a lot of students/young staff. For those who ask, we don't expect anything in return, we just remind them to 'pay it forward' when they are in a position to do so in future. Don't worry so much.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh