+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My bf suddenly wants to wait until marriage to have sex.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    If she needs to have her sexual needs fulfilled, she might look at finding a new relationship.
    Or a vibrator..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Compatible sexual appetites are very important aspects of a relationship. IF there's incompatibility, the ability to compromise can also be helpful.

However, I can't see a way to compromise between no sex before marriage and your high sex drive. I also don't feel anyone should be putting pressure on someone to compromise on their moral choice. Girls always complain about guys doing it to them (pressuring them for sex), so in all fairness, you shouldn't do it to him. If you don't feel you can wait until marriage, perhaps this isn't the relationship for you. Quite frankly, if I started seeing a guy and he told me he was saving himself, I'd be honest and not see him anymore....sex is important to me.

This is a trickier situation in a longer term relationship where sex has already occurred multiple times. However, since you've only had sex the one time, and haven't been together that long, you have some flexibility to make a decision to stay or go. Think carefully though......what if you stayed together for a few years before marriage? What if you stayed together a few years, and then broke up, and never ended up married? Are you willing to give up sex for possibly a number of years, or for nothing?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by elfen31 View Post
    I definitely won't pressure him into it. I DO respect his decision.

Good.., good.., moral appeals.., good good.., respect.., good good..

"Pressure him".., bad bad..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

I respect that opinion Cain!

No matter the reasons for his moral change of actions, she should stand by his morality and not pressure him into it. If she needs to have her sexual needs fulfilled, she might look at finding a new relationship.
    I totally agree, if u like him u just like him and not for sex else it will not be love at all... we d call it lust then.

Well, I've officially decided to stop seeing him.....I told him we can remain friends but nothing else because sex IS important to me in a relationship. And no, I can't wait for marriage to have sex with him again, not knowing whether or not we stand to get married.

You made the right decision.

What did he have to say about it?

You made the right decision.

What did he have to say about it?
    Well, since we are miles away from each other, I had to send him an email, and um...so I don't know what he has to say about it. But I think it's the best and only decision I could've made. Please be clear, I NEVER pressured him into anything. He told me his decision, I told him I respected him for it and I gave it a lot of thought and I've decided that it's best if we go our separate ways. He's a really wonderful person, but I'm a person who believes in sharing herself with her partner completely, and he believes otherwise.

I won't lie, it hurts, but I'm sick of feeling like I'm doing something bad every time I want to share myself sexually with him. I mean he doesn't even really enjoy talking about it.

You did what was best for both of you. Good for you! I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but I'm sure you'll find yourself happier in the long run and so will he. Goodluck!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

If my girlfriend were to tell me that she wanted to wait until we were married, I'll admit that it would suck because I really love having sex with her, but I'd do it, only because I know that she and I are going to be married.

Your situation is different. You made the right decision. You didn't jeopardize his morality.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkukiller View Post
    gay or molestedddddddddd
    What do you mean?

Btw Cain, he accepted my decision and agreed that we didn't quite match as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by elfen31 View Post
    Btw Cain, he accepted my decision and agreed that we didn't quite match as a couple.
    Glad to hear that it wasn't awkward.

Glad to hear that it wasn't awkward.
    Is it bad to still really be hurting about this.

No. Of course not. You had feelings for the guy. It'll take a little bit of time to get over him but it'll happen eventually.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast