+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ran out of things to talk about......

Ran out of things to talk about......

Me and my girlfriend were together, just recently we ran out of things to talk about. Before we could go on for hours and hours... Now we just sit there looking at each other..... What do I do???

Please help..

Find a new interest together...find something new to do. Go rock climbing...doing something is the best thing to do...having down time with nothing to say is boring...

so take the time and talk about doing things together-that must stink being at a loss for words right now-but bring up new things...thats what I would suggest...maybe others will have more ideas...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Read up on current events. If only to talk and debate them. For instance, did you know there's a male 'birth control pill' in use in europe that's expected to hit US in 2005? Yup. It started out as a baldness cure, but they discovered a side effect is it render's your sperm infertile so it's marketed (much more successfully, BTW) as a male birth control pill. What do you think about that?

Alexi

Take notice of things around you. Girls (as much as most deny it) like to gossip. So tell them about your coworkers and their relatoinships and what happened at work today. "Yeah. So-and-so is dating whats-her-face and looks like they're doing well." Then keep tabs on them and let her know when something interesting pops up, and ask her how SHE'D handle the situation if it ever happened between you two. That should provide some entertainment.

Sfalexi great ideas! Squirrley too! That's interesting about that male abortion pill.
    One day the Moon said to me, "If he makes you cry, why dont you leave him?" I looked up at the Moon and said, "Moon would you ever leave your sky?"

And not to mention, enjoy the down time. Not all space has to be filled with conversation. Sometimes just being together quietly can be very nice. Sometimes my girlfriend and I just cuddle for hours and barely say anything. But for us it's not awkward, we know what we're doing. If you really feel like you should be talking but can't, then that's of course different.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your replies!
    Ill try

Quote Originally Posted by COAD
    Me and my girlfriend were together, just recently we ran out of things to talk about. Before we could go on for hours and hours... Now we just sit there looking at each other..... What do I do???

Please help..

kiss her fool!
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."