+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheated...

Tone Guest
    I don't think you are scum.

I think you just made a bad decision to put yourself in a situation where your judgement could be compromised. LEARN from this.

stirfry.. learn to think before you act next time. dontlet your emotions rule over your good judgment.

PUT YOURSELF IN THE OTHER PERSON'S SHOES before you do things... it helps.. a lot!

plus i believe in karma.. surely, you dont want to be cheated on in the future as well, dont you? so dont do things that you dont want to happen to yourself.. that was truly immature what you did.

best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Stirfry View Post
    Not all cheaters are scum, and not all scum are cheaters. I made some poor decisions. I was drinking and smoking weed with the guy, I lost my sense of judgement and things just spun out of control. I didn't want to tell him what happened, but he asked me directly if I cheated and couldn't bring myself to lie again.
    Just to get this thread back on track, what kind of advice are you really looking for Stirfry? What would you like help with? What are you planning to do from here on?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I was drinking and smoking weed with the guy, I lost my sense of judgement and things just spun out of control.
    I thought weed makes you hungry not horny.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You were drinking and smoking weed and somehow that justifies your actions? I think your boyfriend is better off now that he sees you for what you really are.

Grow up.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

As much as I hate cheaters and despise them...I do believe we all deserve to mess up at least once, we're not perfect. A smart man is someone who makes a mistake and learns from it. An idiot is someone who makes a mistake and continues to make the same one over and over. You are clearly showing remorse for what you did, but was it because you feel bad for hurting your ex or because everyone found out? You screwed up...you're going to have to live with what you did. Take this as a lesson. This thread actually makes me sad because I know what that poor guy is going through right now from personal experience. It hurts.

As for all cheaters are scum, well that's taking things to an extreme. I have never cheated, I have been cheated on and I know what it feels like. Some people are very confused and have no problem hurting others for their personal gain. That's human nature, there will always be a thief, there will always be a murderer, there has always been war. It's our nature. But the question is, do we have the ability to control these natural urges? You proved to us you can't.

I say start with putting down the bottle and quit smoking weed because it's retarded. Don't blame the bottle or joint on your actions. You chose to drink and smoke in a certain situation and things got out of hand. No one forced you to. There is only one person to blame. You.

People who use drugs and alcohol as an excuse for making mistakes are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pears View Post
    People who use drugs and alcohol as an excuse for making mistakes are weak.
    I'm glad you said that because I was about to reply with the same thing. I'm so tired of people trying to justify their actions with this. It has got to be the most widely used cheating excuse out there.

Cheaters are scum. If your mind is so weak that you'll jeopardize your judgment, you aren't mature enough to be drinking.

Secondly, stop doing drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I thought weed makes you hungry not horny.
    Hungry... for sex. Smoking pot makes me ridiculously horny. I would never put myself in that situation, Stirfry.
    Spammer Spanker

Stirfry Guest
    This was a stupid thread to start. I should have mentioned that I was at a party and drugs/alcohol are a rarity for me.
    Cain, if you're going to give advice, you could try doing it without being a jerk. Average Joe, thank you. Gribble, I wasn't trying to justify my actions with drugs. It was one several factors that led to poor judgement.

This was a stupid thread to start. I should have mentioned that I was at a party and drugs/alcohol are a rarity for me.
    Cain, if you're going to give advice, you could try doing it without being a jerk. Average Joe, thank you. Gribble, I wasn't trying to justify my actions with drugs. It was one several factors that led to poor judgement.
    Before entering a relationship, you should be sure to tell the person that you're a cheater.

Don't blame your mistakes on drugs and alcohol. You screwed up. You cheated. You crushed your bf by doing it.

I'm not doing anything except being honest.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fair enough abuse for now.

Back to this then:

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Just to get this thread back on track, what kind of advice are you really looking for Stirfry? What would you like help with? What are you planning to do from here on?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It's good you were honest, but too bad you did it to start.Everyone makes mistakes, some worse than others, some people learn fast, other's need a pretty hard blow to learn a lesson.It's already been said but my advice is to learn from this.All you can do is make sure you don't touch the drugs or alcohol again, at least if it will compromise your judgement.

My ex did something similar, but she lied about it.It's good at least you were honest when asked, because it hurts a lot worse to know she did it, for a fact, and hear her lie to your face about it.Not to attack you, but personally, I don't understand how anyone can cheat (or if they can't control themselves, put themself in a position to do so).If you don't care enough about the person to not cheat physically or emotionally, just break up with them...Then your not guilty, and you don't rip their heart apart.

But at least it's a lesson learned

How about you don't cheat? Or maybe you should have been a responsible adult. Or maybe these are all things your cheater brain cannot comprehend..Once you start cheating you'll never stop, so good luck never being satisfied with the person you're with.

Stirfry Guest
    Bennyzilla, make your point without being a bitch. It's a love forum, not a bashing forum.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast