+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Untitled (for now)

Untitled (for now)

They sat there in silence. He kept on fidgeting with his fingers. And the more he fidgeted, the more nervous she became. They had a long history together. Maybe too long. Maybe not long enough. The waitress finally arrived with their coffee.

It was best to speak carefully, as his words could easily tangle amid the thick air around them.

He broke the silence, "Do you believe in miracles?"
    She almost wanted to laugh. But instead, she raised her eyebrows "Do I believe in miracles?" She followed with a subtle grin.
    "Just answer the question", he replied
    This time, she answered directly, "Miracles give hope, I guess that's a good thing?".

He grasped her hands in his, "In that case, are you ready for a story?"
    A smile came to her face, "You'll never change will you?"

They had agreed to meet at the coffee shop. A place where they had many memories together, including that first kiss. But now much older, and presumably a lot wiser, they sat as they did for all those years. He looked deep into her eyes. Eyes that once cared for him. But with the distance between, they now seem cold.

Since she left him, he decided to write stories. He was always a great storyteller. His imagination would take you all over the world, and sometimes, to distant galaxies.

She took a deep breath, "So how does this story begin?"

He smiled, "Just like every other story... Once upon a time...

TBC!
    Last edited by RSK; 02-03-08 at 07:00 PM.

...There was a young man named Jack. He was off to fight the War, leaving everything behind - Including the love of his life, Kate.

"Wait just one second, this sounds like a love story"
    "And what is wrong with that", he reasoned
    "Does it have a happy ending?"
    He didn't promise anything, but simply said, "I hope so"

He took a sip of his coffee, "So, where was I?"
    "Jack and Kate"
    "Ah...

They had met in Lincoln high school. Kate was the new girl. All the football players tried to get her. But it was Jack, the unlikely catch who impressed her most. You could say it was love at first site. Well, love and a whole lot of stupidity.

You see, Jack was so persistent for that first date, that he would do anything to get it. He ran across campus
    half naked proclaiming his love for her! After weeks of embarrasment, she finally said yes.

"where did they go for that date?"
    "the same place they would go for years...

...it was a small coffee shop just like this one. Jack was friends with everybody in town, he had a way with people. But nobody mattered, except her. He treated her like a Queen. And since that first date, Kate went along for the ride. But behind the prankster he was, Kate eventually fell in love. They vowed to stay together an eternity.

So, it was young love. But it didn't last forever.

"What happened?"

You see, circumstance always got in the way. The fact was, that Kate's marriage was allready arranged. To some wealthy oil tycoon from New York.

"And what about Jack?"

He always had a plan. He told her they'd run away, and start a life together.

"So did they run away?"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hi, RSK! Be sure to make another thread and tell us how life has been for you...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No. It was a lost opportunity. Jack was drafted in the War, and they have never met since. And that's how it ends.

"That's not fair, you said it would be a happy ending"

He looked into her eyes again. This time hoping she'd remember that first date. And the time he had ran across the campus half naked. And all those years together. He had been reading to her for weeks. But her dementia would progressively worsen.

She whispered to him, "I'd like to think they will share a lifetime together"

He tried not to cry, and just smiled.

hey there vashti, how are things? it's sunday afternoon here, just taking it easy before hitting the books again! i'll def keep posted, but things are going pretty well now, few bumps here and there, but staying positive!!!

Well….I think if you wait for some more time… you can get a lot better suggestions that this…I am out of any ideas for this!!!!
    I am Arthur, the King of Spamalot!