+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Women getting married to younger guy

Women getting married to younger guy

Is not that strange ? or it depends on the culture and backgrounds? what men think of that in case of a year, couple of years or 7 years age difference.

Love is love. It doesn't matter the age.

I'm marrying a guy who is 2.5 years younger, and it's a stretch for me. If he were any younger, I probably wouldn't be able to handle it.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it matters if either one of you are in your 20s. Later - maybe not so much. It depends on the maturity level of the people involved.

Why do you ask? Do you have someone lined up?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i ask because have seen it in my family twice, one of my aunts married to one 3 years younger and he married to another and divorced her secretly !! and lived with her as if nothign happened while she had no clue and since then he is everyday with a woman. My sis repeated teh same story he is 25 she is 28 , again 3.5 years age difference. i didnt like that so i thought of considering what men think of it.

Is see no issue with younger men. My best friend is married to a man 5 years younger than her. She is in her 30's and he is in his 20's. I have never been with a man within 5 years of my age and always older but I wouldn't mind if I had a young man especially if I was in my 30's, 40's, or 50's.

The man in your example may just be poor quality. It's not the age.

my cousins husband is 3months younger than her.

he has 2 brothers, both married.

one is 6 years younger than his wife. the other is 3 years younger.

meh.
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It all depends on age really ... like Vashti said, if the guy is in his 20s and the woman is in her 30s, it's going to be rough because men just aren't at the same maturity level (on average). It has to be a fairly large gap ...

If you're talking months apart, I don't think it's too bad ... again, our penises hold us back a few years mentally though ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    Is not that strange ? or it depends on the culture and backgrounds? what men think of that in case of a year, couple of years or 7 years age difference.
    I suppose it would take someone a little bit more open-minded and a little less concerned about what others think.., to be in a relationship with someone older.., to say that "age".., (the actual number.., that results from taking today's date.., and subtracting it against the date of one's own birth).., doesn't factor into how you feel about a person..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Ugh, what is wrong with marrieing a few years older woman????
    Girls marry 10 years older guys, wtf.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    i ask because have seen it in my family twice, one of my aunts married to one 3 years younger and he married to another and divorced her secretly !! and lived with her as if nothign happened while she had no clue and since then he is everyday with a woman. My sis repeated teh same story he is 25 she is 28 , again 3.5 years age difference. i didnt like that so i thought of considering what men think of it.
    That's fine.., there's no issue at all.. 3 years apart isn't a big deal..

I thought you were talking like.., the guy is 23.., the "girl" is 34..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    That's fine.., there's no issue at all.. 3 years apart isn't a big deal..

I thought you were talking like.., the guy is 23.., the "girl" is 34..
    That's the perspective I was taking ... I think 7 years would be pushing it ... if we're talking 20s/30s that is ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Ok, I am inexperienced in life but is it true that with older women, there is a bit less nagging, lol.
    Don't expect anything.

My relative when she was 17, got married to a guy who was 26 because she got knocked up and the parents demanded that she marry him. They've been together since she was 12 and he was 21. She looked like she was 18 when she was actually 12. She lied about her age then.

Personally, I think that they are both at the same maturity/immaturity level. They both look like the same age too. My relative looked like she was 24 at 17. She had puberty at 9. The guy looked young for his age. He looked like he was in his early 20s when he was 26.

It's been about two years since they got married and they are still together and it seems like they have matured since the time they got married.

This is the other way around, the guy being older, but the gap is still tremendous.
    Last edited by Pears; 27-05-08 at 09:04 PM.

Hi,
    From my own prespective I do not see a problem if a lady got married to an older guy even if he is her dad's age, he might be attractive and sexy and kind too, who knows? but i opened for discussion the other way round which i hate for myself and others , how could a woman get married to a younger man, even if they are the same age.. i'd prefer she is younger few years at least. ALthough my ex hubby was 6 years older (IDEAL) , it didnt work out between us.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast