+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is loveforum login really secure?

Hey There LA. Thats cool. I know I havent been around a lot, I'm busy building my own Internet empire and its taking all my time
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

The Hash definitely secures things. The passwords are scrambled when they are entered. They aren't even stored inside the MySQL database as the same as they are when entered. They are all scrambled code.

SSL certificates are usually only purchased when security could be detrimental, such as credit cards and social security numbers.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    The Hash definitely secures things. The passwords are scrambled when they are entered. They aren't even stored inside the MySQL database as the same as they are when entered. They are all scrambled code.

SSL certificates are usually only purchased when security could be detrimental, such as credit cards and social security numbers.
    Purchased? Well if you can't set the shit up yourself with openSSL

OpenSSL is just a program, not a certificate authority. OpenSSL just generates a self-signed certificate without any forms of verification. A certificate authority like Thawte and Verisign actually verify that the owner of the site is where the information is being sent to.

Regardless, that is only needed for the prevention of snooping of private information. As I mentioned the passwords are hashed into a mixture of characters when put into the SQL database. Loveadmin wouldn't be able to even see what anyone's password is.

answer is no

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12