+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How sexy

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A) I won't need a 3.85 GPA at least because I go to Cornell where grade inflation isn't a problem. My vet went here and said he didn't know anyone with a 3.0 GPA who COULDN'T get into med school. Secondly, I got a ~3.85 GPA this semester taking all real classes. Similarly next semester I'm taking all the hard classes, not the pussy dumbed down ones for premed.

B) I looked over the MCAT recently with some book I bought (even though I'm between freshman and sophomore year), it looks easier than dogshit. I'm assuming the copy I had wasn't reflective of the actual difficulty of the test

C) I'll be doing research either spring semester or junior and senior year, and volunteer work starting this winter and the summers in between at Strong hospital in Rochester (and maybe some in Buffalo). I might also go to Africa to do some work to prevent the spread of Malaria, I got some advertisement about that not too long ago. Looks good

D) I'm bored because I'm just taking organic chemistry this summer, but at least I'm doing something

I don't get it. In Toronto universities, if you're smart and average looking, you get asked out by girls all the time and other guys sucks up to you. And if you are ugly, smart, and have the personality to make up for the ugliness, you get asked out by girls too. Judging from your post, other than the slightly violent temperament you have, in my opinion, you're kind of adorable. How ugly are you?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fugly. Just fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I can't wait for med school. It's gonna get me laid
    That's too long to wait. Go get laid right now.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

It's good that you have the plans. Most people don't have an idea of what they are getting themselves into.

And in regards to what your vet said, forget that. Regardless of whether or not he saw people with a 3.0, it doesn't matter. Harvard and the like are going to be turning down people with 4.0s. Though going to a difficult school will look good, it won't look as good as someone with a 4.0 from an average - good school. Keep up with your 3.85.

The preparation packets for the MCAT are not near as difficult as the test itself. It isn't a good reflection of the difficulty. The MCAT average is around 30 I believe. 46 is the highest you can score, also, I believe. Getting a 40-42 will be a huge boost for your resume.

Also, make sure that you try to get into AOA (Alpha Omega Alpha). It is a frat that you get into once you are a junior (most likely will have to wait til you're a senior) in medical school. If you get into AOA, you'll have to pay dues but you'll practically get into any residency program you want as long as your resume is sound.

Fugly. Just fugly.
    He's lying. He's adorable, when he brushes his teeth.
    Spammer Spanker

I like anesthesiologists. They can put me to sleep anytime.

Apply to a wide range of schools just in case. Apply to your low, mid, and high tier. I have a feeling that you will do extremely well on the MCAT.

So are you going to get laid after acceptance, while in med school, or after med school hehe? You can probably get laid by just telling her that you are THINKING of applying to medical school, lol. It is very easy to get laid when you are in a prestigious career but it doesn't mean that you can substain the relationship unless they are really just after your money.

I really agree about investing youR money. Don't worry about loans.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The MCAT was easy, DM. You won't have a problem getting in. The prep exams are a good idea b/c you'll have an idea of how to divi your time. The essay is important, tho, so start reading things like Medical Ethics essays.

Tho why you want to become a physician in todays culture is beyond me. Long hours, huge responsibility, frustrating working conditions... you should PM RK & find out his opinion.

Profs make just as much money & without half the bullshit. Make sure its not about the money is what I'm saying.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    It is very easy to get laid when you are in a prestigious career
    Why would you say that lesa?

What is it about men with a prestigious career that makes it easier for them to get laid?

What do women find attractive in these men.., that makes them hot and horny for Mr. Degree?
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I like anesthesiologists. They can put me to sleep anytime.
    Then you're going to like this guy:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=KFdBOKeWz5A"]YouTube - We Gon' Make Love (Until You Wake Up)[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    What is it about men with a prestigious career that makes it easier for them to get laid?

What do women find attractive in these men.., that makes them hot and horny for Mr. Degree?
    Right on brutha. I'm mystified as well. Especially why guys would want to wait so long.

By the time I get my degree I will be so sick of getting laid all I'll be thinking about is taking it easy and settling down.

Actually, I kinda feel like that already.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would you say that lesa?

Probably because with all the money they get, they gain more confidence. They bleed confidence at what they're doing because the medical field has to be so precise and accurate.

And then there are the money-grubbing, gold-digging bitches who will settle for nothing less than a brand new car, name brand clothing, and fancy jewelry. Or ... they'll take a nice dinner and a bone.

...but I guess some women just look for stability and the reassurance that they'll be taken care of properly.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    the reassurance that they'll be taken care of properly.
    Again.., that related to a high earning profession like medicine.., how?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Again.., that related to a high earning profession like medicine.., how?
    I guess things like ... never have to worry about money, food, shelter, bills, etc ...

A lot of women, I think, forget about the emotional and mental stability that is required for a relationship to work ...

But money does paint a big picture ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Is an anesthesiologist making $350k per year? Is that hot? Yeaahh.... I just went there

Or what about a neurosurgeon making $500k per year? Would you hit that?

Huh? Come on... you know you would

I can't wait for med school. It's gonna get me laid
    You don't want to have sex with women who want you for your money DM..

Look.., we know.., it's hard..

Guys say.., "there are more than looks to a woman.., I don't look at a woman just for her looks.., I want someone who's smart.., funny.., good personality.., I like a girl for who she is.., not just because of her looks"

Girls say.., "there is more that money to a man.., I don't look at a man just for his money.., I want someone who is smart.., funny.., good personality.., comes from a good family.., has a good job.., is established.., has his life together.., is ambitious and successful.., is hardworking and passionate.., knows how to take care of a woman.., a real quality guy.., I like a guy for who he is.., not just because of his money"

My favorite quote was from the Perfect Warrior.., where the athlete is having sex with this supposedly sexy girl (she wasn't hot.., but she was supposed to be playing the role of the hot girl in the movie).., anyway.., they're having sex.., and he stops.., and asks.., "wait.., if I wasn't going to the Olympics.., like.., if I wasn't captain of the team.., going for the gold.., would you still want me?".., she looks at him like he's crazy.., "if I didn't have this body.., would you still want me?".., and then they continue having sex..

Or to quote the recent conversation with my mother:

Mom: If you get married later on.., aren't you going to take care of your wife?
    Me: Of course.., (foreseeing her defense of "children/house").., not only will I take care of her.., but i'll have the house in order.., look after and raise the kids.., most likely i'll be the better cook.., so i'll have food ready for the whole family.., the real question is.., will she take care of me?
    Mom: Ugh..., hmm.., well..
    Me: You see.., the real question is.., why would I want to do this for someone? What are they going to do for me?
    Mom: She'll have your kids! She'll be the mother of your children!
    Me: Mom.., common.., that's just sad.., that that's the only thing you could throw up as a defense.., Oh! What a favor! My seed.., with all it's survivor genes.., gets to be diluted by this unemployed useless couch potato who has no other value in society other than? Why don't I just give my sperm to a segregate mother from Mensa.., pick up my child.., and raise it on my own? What's the difference? I'm actually better off.., if that's the only thing their mother is going to be good for.., for giving birth to them..
    Mom: Why get married then?
    Me: I don't know.., but from what you're saying mom.., it's blatantly obvious why women are so eager to find a guy to get married to.., if I had to sit on my ass all day and bear children.., and have my wife do everything else.., yeah.., I'd want to get married too.., very badly.., i'd be pissed at every woman who had commitment issues.., who wasn't ready to get married yet.., and take care of me for the rest of her life.., So what you're telling me.., is that if not all.., most women out there are basically gold-diggers and income-leaches..
    Mom: When you put it that way.., then yes.., they are..
    Me: Raised and trained from a young age.., to look for "the one".., someone who will "take care of them".., and "give them everything they deserve".., all these demands.., expectations.., take everything.., give nothing.., wow.., that's some good parenting.., Anna Nichole would be proud.., she probably just shed a tear in her grave as I said that.., and when some of them break out of the shell of being little girls.., and actually do something productive with their lives.., and become independent women.., they go around happy.., cheering.., "I don't need a man".., oh.., so what you're saying Mrs. High Class.., is that.., "before I was independent.., I needed a man.., but now that I am independent.., I don't need a man.., therefore.., money was the only reason I needed a man".., great.., you and your parents must be very proud to have raised such a fine lady..
    Mom: Haha! Well look.., that's why you have to find someone who likes you for you.., but there ARE women out there like that..
    Me: I know.., and they're not that rare either.., but they still are the minority..
    Mom: So why are you doing what you're doing with your life?
    Me: For myself.., and for my family.., believe me.., i'm not busting my ass to give someone a free pass on life..
    Mom: Well.., I really hope you meet someone who shares that mentality.., because most women don't..
    Me: When I find her.., I promise i'll bring her home.., till then..

Now.., i'm not taking the extra step to tell you to find a girl/woman who is actually doing something with her life.., who is of a certain standard in genetic quality.., no.., you don't have to go that far if you don't want to..

But what I am saying is.., don't sell yourself short.., really REALLY short..

Are you fcukn' kidding me? You're going to be an MD just to get laid? That's like a perfect 10 getting dressed up in the cutest.., skimpiest.., sexiest.., hottest outfit she has on.., practicing her strip tease in front of her mirror for hours.., only to go out and hope to attract and date some unemployed loser.. wtf?

You have to break out of your mode of desperation now.., finish reading.., and come down to NYC.., prior to medical school.., fun time is now.., not later..

First you're a bachelor.., then you're a doctor.., not the other way around..

Best,

GrkScorp
    Last edited by GrkScorp; 30-05-08 at 09:54 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast