+ Follow This Topic

Thread: getting out of this ****ing hellhole

anachronistic Guest

getting out of this ****ing hellhole

Should I seriously be sick of my parents after only being back for about 5 days? (I've spent most of these 3 weeks with friends and at work)

I gotta come up with a plan. I gotta get out of here. The funny thing, is, it's the little things. I am sick of holding my laptop to the ceiling, trying to get a decent connection on the neighbor's internet. Just mother****ing ridiculous. I tried talking my parents into getting regular old high speed internet, and the bill would only be $10 more a month, which seems like a more logical idea than paying $40 for dialup, but I might as well talk to the ****ing wall because those jackasses don't understand a ****ing thing. No ****ing logic. Deedeedee!

That, and I am 19 years old, I use swear words when talking to my brother who is 18, and in the next room, my stupid bitch of a mother says "HEY WATCH YOUR MOUTH!" What the ****ing bloody hell? I am so pissed off that I am blaring a song by a trash band that goes "****YOU****YOU****YOU****YOU"

I installed a sliding lock and a deadbolt on my door, and while I was doing it, I had to listen to my mom piss and moan about how I am 'ruining' the door. It's a shitty door that isn't even made out of wood! And I have a perfectly good reason to install it: everybody in my family except my little sister who is 3 years old has stolen something from me; anywhere from $300 to video games to condoms to tools to expensive shaving cartridges. ****. I should have gotten 3 dead bolts.

I've been trying to save up my money so that I can get out of this hell hole. Can't do that when you have to pay car insurance, have to pay ridiculous amounts for gas ($4 dollars a gallon, shiiiiit) have a cell phone, and I don't even use it much. It's like I can't make any ****ing business with this shitty internet, I haven't been able to finish my current freelance because I have to go on a ****ing recon mission to get an internet signal. Can't get anywhere when I don't have any money to begin with... well $200 might get me somewhere, but how do I start a live when I get there? I have to put all my ****ing dreams and ideas on hold for about 30 years. What the ****?

I had to listen to my paranoid bitch mother sit there and whine about my 18 year old brother being out past midnight after getting his vehicle fixed. What the hell? He's 18 years old!!! I stay out past midnight all the time, get a ****ing grip dumbass. Also, she's pissed off that he smokes, and she smokes, and how ****ing hypocritical. This justifies tying her to a chair and slapping her with a big ol' carp.

You got nobody to talk to when your friends are miles away and the internet you're stealing doesn't stay connected long enough to login. It's so ****ing pathetic that I practically depend on this forum for my social needs. But you know what, that's why I haven't been on so much in the past.. I have friends, but now I can't talk to them. And in a position like this, it doesn't matter how good looking, how talented, what kind of person you are, how you look like, or anything, it's impossible to get a decent girlfriend.

My computer is so new, it's like dialup is nonexistent. No port! Wow, tell you something?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH

How the hell do you save up money in a position like this? What do I do?

I am going to get an apartment near my college as soon as I can afford it. Maybe then I can get decent Internet.

if u have this lovely extremely lovely experience with parents , WHY did not u share my posting about LOVELY parents?? have a look at it plz.. i thught mine are the most awful on the planet

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/22330-parents-unfair-treatment.html[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If it's so bad where you can't get the cash...then get the credit.

Capital One is an easy way to start establishing credit, you should try applying for one of their cards. But you gotta be sure to get yourself a job that can support you and your needs while having enough to start paying off the initial debt you might be in.

Secondly, scrap the freelance work in whatever it is you're doing.

You probably don't wanna hear that, but there's no guarantees in that work, especially if you're on the amateur side. Jump into something like construction. A lot of construction companies, whether they're carpenters, electricians, road workers, or what have you, need/use unskilled helpers. Down here you could get about 10 bucks an hour to do some mindless things.

Musicians often work day jobs in construction fields because they usually start early, and get out early. I get out at 3pm. That means I still have a lot of day to go about and do other things. And for you that would mean time to run daily errands with evenings to focus on your freelance work.

Think of what you want to do, then figure out a way to do it.

Todays spoiled teenage syndrome.

I know, i suffer it too, i am sick of my mom. But on the other side, it really affects me when I am reminded that there are people living in much much worse conditions out there. And my current situation is caused by my own lazyness and disability to get my own stuff together. I am just spoiled and risen lazy as hell, somehow I don't thank my mother for that at all. I know exactly how you feel.

Even if I do get a job, it would be a long time before I'd have my own apartment, even renting costs a lot of money (for me) and I would have to pay all that by myself while going to school.
    Last edited by boobaa; 31-05-08 at 07:45 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

I'm still living with my parents because I'm saving up to buy a home in the future. It can be very difficult, so I just keep thinking of my goals. I've also had very similar situations as the ones you described. When I have my own house, then it will be worth all the time I spent putting up with the annoyance.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Todays spoiled teenage syndrome.

I know, i suffer it too, i am sick of my mom. But on the other side, it really affects me when I am reminded that there are people living in much much worse conditions out there. And my current situation is caused by my own lazyness and disability to get my own stuff together. I am just spoiled and risen lazy as hell, somehow I don't thank my mother for that at all. I know exactly how you feel.

Even if I do get a job, it would be a long time before I'd have my own apartment, even renting costs a lot of money (for me) and I would have to pay all that by myself while going to school.
    What's that? You call me spoiled? You're talking to a 19 year old boy that lives in a trailer with a 5 person family. Everything I have, I bought. I am lucky if I get candy for christmas. The car I own, the $2000 computer I have, my TV, my 3 guitars, my 60 watt amp, my art supplies, my clothes, my cell phone, my blanket and pillow, and my fleshlight (i dont have THAT yet) my two pairs of boots and 1 pair of shoes. That's all I have, and I bought it all. I don't quite understand just how I am spoiled, when I barely even get by on food each day. Yesterday I got lucky and was invited to give a speech on a trip to Germany (which by the way, to rub it in even more, I am paying for. [note: i am also paying for all my college, too]) and I had my meal of the day then.

all my mother has ever really given me was a chance to live on this earth; a breath of oxygen. even though it was probably an accident, i am thankful for that, and i have done more than enough for her in return.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Be proud of all you have done (and will do, LW). Don't begrudge your parents their lifestyle, its their choice. All parents want their kids to do better than they did.

*kiss*
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Christ man. Of course, there are worse conditions out there...

But, I don't think spoiled teenage syndrome is the word to describe your position. I've got no advice (not that I ever have any, or that it is any good), but good luck in whatever you decide to do. Frasbee might have a point in dropping the freelance. It's just not steady.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

LW things will be better we all hope and keep praying thing may change for better ... or just change to anything else as we r bored and dont feel happy. i pity ur feeling and think its temporary man.

Gaaaahhh.

Make damned sure this is the last summer you ever spend there. The last full week, actually.

Next year, at school, start trying to find a summer volunteer program where you don't have to pay anything, just volunteer your time for the summer. Anywhere- take it. I know you're going to Germany, but I don't know for how long. Make sure you never have to spend more than four consecutive days there again.

This is an environment that is toxic, N. Run from it.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 02-06-08 at 01:40 PM.
    Spammer Spanker

Giga is 100% right, find a way out sooner or later

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Gaaaahhh.

Make damned sure this is the last summer you ever spend there. The last full week, actually.

Next year, at school, start trying to find a summer volunteer program where you don't have to pay anything, just volunteer your time for the summer. Anywhere- take it. I know you're going to Germany, but I don't know for how long. Make sure you never have to spend more than four consecutive days there again.

This is an environment that is toxic, N. Run from it.
    This is indefinitely my last summer here. Next summer I will spend in Germany, either all by myself or people that want to go on a tour throughout. Sommersemester ends in July, and that leaves me with until September to do whatever I want. I'll probably fly back a week before school starts; enough time to pack my shit and go, haha...

but the summer after... I gotta start planning now. I gotta get a job during the schoolyear or something... something. That's when I could sign up for a volunteer program.

Yeah, and 4 days seems to be the limit; well, before I start getting pissed off at everyone.

I talked to my brother about it, and he said it's also his last summer there, too.

Maybe after my brother and I are gone for a few years, it will give my family enough space to come back together... but probably not.

By the way, I finally have Internet!!!! Unfortunately... I am sitting at a hospital.

Tedel Guest
    All that rant just because of an Internet connection?
    OMG, in short, Lilwing, your parents wiped the crap right out of your a$s when you were a baby, not to mention they fed and educated you for years. It's your turn to be patient.

No, Ted. His family sucks. They really do. He's like a rose growing out of a trash can.
    Spammer Spanker