+ Follow This Topic

Thread: having to shave beard for work

having to shave beard for work

I have a goatee, and it makes me look great in my and alot of others opinions, apart form that, I just really like it generally speaking. Anyways I work at a country club and they say I need to shave it off. I dont want to obviously, but I dont really want to rock the boat because im fairly certain they would fire me after they realized I was not going to do it.

What im wondering is, should I just go along and shave it, or refuse and quit if they say I have to and hint at what will happen if I dont>? I should mention, its just a 7 an hour job, not like a super serious job, but it is easy.
    Disaster alert. Disaster alert. Teenage Marriage. Disaster alert.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just get rid of it

Oh, you mean that kind of goatee when you like it because the tip of your chin is the only place on your lower face where hair is growing?
    Or, do you need to shave it clean every morning?
    Don't expect anything.

yea that type, anyways I prolly will for sure end up shaving cuzz I dont really wana loose a job over it, but man it sucks that I have to conform like this on something I really dont think I should have to, damn societal standards..

I mean honestly, WHO in the world does it hurt for me to have a goatee? Its unfair as I see it. Im being supressed at the workplace and nobody cares!!!!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what do you think?? shave or get a paycheck??... you can always grow it back and your next job. shit, i hate shaving too, but in order to pay for my bills, sometimes you have to do the stuff that you hate in life... like clean puke.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Post a pic of your face. If it's trim and clean I think it's absolutely silly of them to demand that you shave it off. However, if what you call a goatee amounts to peach fuzz or a pedophile beard, well, can't blame them.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

its just lame that I have to shave at a 7 dollar an hour job, I mean its a joke job, I make slave labor wages, I just think its stupid

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
    its just lame that I have to shave at a 7 dollar an hour job, I mean its a joke job, I make slave labor wages, I just think its stupid
    being that you don't really have a lot of work experience, did you expect anything more?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

anachronistic Guest
    Go to work with your 'goatee' and if they bug you again, tell them that you'll consider it if they are willing to pay you double, and if not, walk out on the spot.

If you got a pair, that is. I would do that because it is easy for me to find work.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why do you think corporate America looks so homogenous? Do you think all men started out looking like such dorks? No! They were young once, too. They had to learn to conform if they wanted work, and you will, too.

If you want to keep the facial hair, I would suggest you look to the entertainment industry for employment. Or bars.

Sorry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Why do you think corporate America looks so homogenous? Do you think all men started out looking like such dorks? No! They were young once, too. They had to learn to conform if they wanted work, and you will, too.

If you want to keep the facial hair, I would suggest you look to the entertainment industry for employment. Or bars.

Sorry.
    I guess it's kind of like the army, where they shave your head. Hahahahhahahahahaha...

evil bastards. But not really.

I hate shaving with a passion. I shave about every 2-3 days. I got away with doing that when I was working at a grocery store with crap pay. As soon as it started getting long enough for them to bitch I would shave...and the cycle would continue.