+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ugh, just another night

Ugh, just another night

My girlfriend came over tonight... We started with the usual banal conversation, what's up? How's work? We were going to watch a movie, but my DVD player was acting up. We ended up just watching TV. We watched TV for about two and a half hours--we didn't talk! We didn't express any affection, or interest, nothing, we watched TV for two and a half hours, and didn't speak. At ten, the time she normally leaves, I said, its ten, she got up like clockwork ,and left, ... I won't see her again until Saturday!

How is that supposed to keep my interest? I don't even want to talk to her anymore.

the tv is evil that way.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Uh...well she didn't start conversations, and you didn't either. So it's two sided here. Maybe she's upset that you didn't talk to her as well. Only one way to find out what's going on. Ask her. Maybe she had a crummy day and just wasn't feeling all that right, but told you it was ok? Us guys aren't very good at reading women and their subtle hints, so maybe she was trying to give you a hint that she really wasn't in the best of mood?

maybe she's tired of making out all the time so she figured she would just watch tv and leave. Maybe you should plan some exciting events...try something new together.

man you had the gazelle in ur den and you didnt even touch it or growl at it? lol neways man you have got to give into your LUST in these situations. remember ur the blunt, doesnt care about charging into the open conversationally speaking male, you have got to proverbally pounce so to speak, not her, the pressure is on you to come out and say hey, I wana mess around with you, or sit next to her, or start telling her how you cant stop thinking about her, or start a convo that can only lead where u want it to if u catch my drift, get her in the mindset, or make obvious hints at what you want, but ultimatley you have got to atleast try and make some moves on her, either that show what u wana do, or just outright and see what happens
    Disaster alert. Disaster alert. Teenage Marriage. Disaster alert.

Yea... maybe you're right... but I always take the lead, I get sick of that. I want her to show some interest! Is that unrealistically optimistic?

Why wait for her to take the lead? Why is it important? When my gf comes over I can't keep my hands off her, I don't even think about these things. To me it doesn't really matter at the end of the day who initiates what as long as we both have a good time.

I think the tangent you are going off at is that she doesn't show affection to you (At least not as much as you want) Well, just talk to her about these things. Say it out laud. "I'm not happy with you not giving me affection". Then she'll either change or break up with you, either way, either one is the outcome you're looking for.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Grab that girl, really. Grab her.
    Spammer Spanker

Too late now, I won't see her for another week!

Well, I think you should pretend your TV is broken or something. You can't maintain a relationship like this, not when you only see each other twice a week.

I say mix up a flask of margaritas and tell her you want to go on an adventure with her. There's a reason we have alcohol; to make men brave and to make women willing. Use this. Use whatever you have at your disposal, because I think you're losing her.
    Spammer Spanker

Maybe go out and do something other than watch TV or DVD's. Me and my first GF used to do nothing but watch movies, it was fun but movies and TV arent very interactive at all. Think of something that gets you to interact with each other and actually be a couple and not just a couple of people watching TV.
    "I only wanted someone to love, but something happened on the way to heaven"

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude, is there anything good about this girl you're dating? I mean, she doesn't fulfill your Love/Belonging needs (Maslow), so how can you carry on and develop if you don't get that out of the way?

Like Mish said, you gotta voice it and let her know ... You asked what was wrong with settling before ... When you get older, that shit can turn into resentment ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."