+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: good at going up to girls? tell us how you manage it

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I know what you mean Scorp. Though some girls take that too far. As much as you love to hear their voice, 2 hours of conversation that doesn't end can be enfuriating. Especially when you try to end it, but they just don't give up and keep at it, arrgg. Sorry, memories
    There are two types of people:

Givers and users.

These types also apply to energy. Givers waste energy when speaking or listening to long rants. Users need to speak all the time because they are getting energy from it.

Most girls are users.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    There are two types of people:

Givers and users.

These types also apply to energy. Givers waste energy when speaking or listening to long rants. Users need to speak all the time because they are getting energy from it.

Most girls are users.
    Whew, I'm glad that I am a giver like most boys are.

Approach them in a social setting (party/bar/fun event) and tease them in a playful way while also making them feel special.

i hate john mayor <-----pussyyyy

this is a good thread tho. im going to college here on the 18th

Just be yourself!

Introduce yourself in a nice way
    and tell them your purpose, that you want to become
    one of their friends. do it slowly. that it won't be too obvious whats your real purpose in getting to know them.

Why would I go up to a girl? She would have to extremely motivate me. Though my friends say they like that about me, the fact I don't care, than again it will most likely keep me single for a long time...doesn't matter..I don't care.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I don't know about dating techniques or creating conversation to be honest, just be yourself and if you're not comfortable about approaching a girl or even start to talk then don't even think about it in the first place.

From personal experiences it was never an intentional pick-up. Just pure awesome fun with some mates and so happen to bump into some cute girls. To think about it, you'd sure come off as looking better that way then some poor bloke who's seeking out a girl's attention while she's having fun.

Also, if you like a girl, do it your way. Have a girl who likes you being yourself lol. I must say though if you plan on texting someone to get information out of them you're out of luck. Perhaps I'm old fashioned but I like it face-to-face or at least hearing their voice.

If you click with the girl you'll obviously talk for a while, if you don't then I guess that's that. Messages tend to give people a chance to think of a reply, could be good but generally bad.

Though I did meet this girl who was a chronic txter just COULD not talk about real feelings in person so needless to say I didn't pursue it. Was fun for a while but that got annoying real fast.

It's about going with your strengths. Ultimately, you want to buikd your confidence to the point where you can just approach any woman you like and know exactly what to say in a 100% confident manner. But if you're not there, you may just come off as a jerk. If that's you, it may be worth trying the sweet approach and build up to being cocky and funny. If you blow her off right away, she will never get to see the real you.
    [URL=/flirtingformula/"]How To Attract The Women You've Always Wanted By Pissing Off The Mods At LoveForum![/URL]

Assuming the chick is reasonably attractive you have to remember that every guy a chick has met with the exception (hopefully) of family members has been trying to stick their penis inside her.

So you have to approach like this:

• Have confidence. Women love confidence.
    • Don't eyeball her from across the room hoping she will "catch the vibe". You will only end up looking like a creepy stalker.
    • Be nice.
    • Don't be yourself. Since you are on an online forum asking how to pick up girls, being yourself obviously isn't working. Be the personification of what you would like to be and do it with confidence. See #1
    • Don't comment about her physical features. i.e. boobs, butt, eyes, hair, etc. They have heard it a million times from the last jerk that stuck his penis inside her. It didn't work before because guess what? She's still single.
    • Don't tell her that she looks like somebody you know. i.e. Mom, sister, somebody from somewhere else but you can't remember what her name is.
    • Be respectful.
    • DO ask her questions that allow her to talk about herself. You have to ask open ended questions that allow her to run her mouth. Even if you don't give two piles of horse droppings what she's talking about, pretend to be interested.
    • Maintain eye contact, but don't stare her down.
    • Unless you have messed up teeth, smile when you talk. If your teeth look like an orangutan got punched in the mouth by a silverbacked gorilla, for gods sake keep your mouth closed or stay at home until you get those tic tacs fixed.
    • Don't brag about previous sexual exploits or conquests. She doesn't care and probably thinks your lying. You probably are anyway.
    • Have a working knowledge about whatever it is chicks talk about these days. And have at least a working knowledge about just about everything else too. If you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground at least be confident about the BS you are shoveling.
    • If the conversation is working well, ask her if she would like to go to a quieter place. In the room dummy, not your house or apartment or the alley behind the bar. Stay in sight of the party, bar, dance floor, whatever. You don't want to make it seem like you are setting her up for an abduction.
    • If you are over 30 DON'T live at home.
    • Last but not least, if you get the go ahead to ask her out for an official date, don't go to the movies, take the broad to dinner or something. Not Applebee's, Chili's etc. Find a nice hip restaurant to go to. Keep her friends out of it. First time dates with friends will ensure that they will spend most of the time talking to each other and will rip you apart when the night is over.

That is all.
    shut up.

here are some others

• Dress like a man, not a little boy. That means: pants up to your waist. Nice shoes. Clean and pressed clothes, styled facial hair if you have some (think Johnny Depp, not Captain Jack Sparrow).
    • If you have stubble, make sure its styled at least. Don't have it growing into your neck and looking all scraggly.
    • Get some good cologne but don't bathe in it.
    • If you are going for the rough and tumble look (chicks go for this also) you gotta remember that this is a style. You gotta make it look right, because if you don't you will end up looking like a homeless person.
    shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyArtillery View Post
    Assuming the chick is reasonably attractive you have to remember that every guy a chick has met with the exception (hopefully) of family members has been trying to stick their penis inside her.

So you have to approach like this:

[*]Have confidence. Women love confidence.
    [*]Don't eyeball her from across the room hoping she will "catch the vibe". You will only end up looking like a creepy stalker.

[*]Be nice.
    [*]Don't be yourself. Since you are on an online forum asking how to pick up girls, being yourself obviously isn't working. Be the personification of what you would like to be and do it with confidence. See #1

[*]Don't comment about her physical features. i.e. boobs, butt, eyes, hair, etc. They have heard it a million times from the last jerk that stuck his penis inside her. It didn't work before because guess what? She's still single.
    [*]Don't tell her that she looks like somebody you know. i.e. Mom, sister, somebody from somewhere else but you can't remember what her name is.

[*]Be respectful.[*]DO ask her questions that allow her to talk about herself. You have to ask open ended questions that allow her to run her mouth. Even if you don't give two piles of horse droppings what she's talking about, pretend to be interested.

[*]Maintain eye contact, but don't stare her down.
    [*]Unless you have messed up teeth, smile when you talk. If your teeth look like an orangutan got punched in the mouth by a silverbacked gorilla, for gods sake keep your mouth closed or stay at home until you get those tic tacs fixed.
    [*]Don't brag about previous sexual exploits or conquests. She doesn't care and probably thinks your lying. You probably are anyway.
    [*]Have a working knowledge about whatever it is chicks talk about these days. And have at least a working knowledge about just about everything else too. If you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground at least be confident about the BS you are
    shoveling.
    [*]If the conversation is working well, ask her if she would like to go to a quieter place. In the room dummy, not your house or apartment or the alley behind the bar. Stay in sight of the party, bar, dance floor, whatever. You don't want to make it seem like you are setting her up for an abduction.
    [*]If you are over 30 DON'T live at home.
    [*]Last but not least, if you get the go ahead to ask her out for an official date, don't go to the movies, take the broad to dinner or something. Not Applebee's, Chili's etc. Find a nice hip restaurant to go to. Keep her friends out of it. First time dates with friends will ensure that they will spend most of the time talking to each other and will rip you apart when the night is over.

That is all.
    I agree with heavy ... but I highlighted the important common mistakes men make.

I would make one small modification to Heavy's list ... where he says "don't be yourself." I understand his point, but I would say "be yourself as you usually are, not the simpering idiot you become around a woman you find attractive."

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 17-12-08 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinn
    Was thinking texting because girls like to text and it doesnt take any guts on my part to text her soon after to find out stuff about her
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinn
    I dont agree with the mentality that it is weakness to texst instead of talk on phone

Hahah, I was just thinking about how it's about the most annoying, spineless thing EVER to text a girl who gave you her number and how I, like Giga, would probably dismiss anyone who did that unless they had a VERY good reason.

But then I remembered that when a cute guy gave me his number, I texted him to invite him for drinks. Oops.

Whatever, he turned out to be gay anyway.

The bottom line ov maintianing or even starting a conversation with a women is to make her feel comfortable, if she can feel at ease with you from the start then there shouldn't be any bumps along the way, men seem to find tht thy have to be the conversation initiators but this isnt always true, by making them feel at ease ull find its thm doin the talkin and it generally goes into a deeper depth ov conversation becaus women love to talk. Never ask her name straight away either slip it when the conversations really flowing thn jst carry on as normal, otherwise its jst a dead end question with no possible routes leadin off frm it. Jst imagin it as a maze uve got to open the right doors to get to the goal. Self confidence if very important not as in showing off ur ego u jst look a prick when u do tht, but a woman is 10 time better at reading body language thn a male so frm the very beginin ur baks already up against the wall an she can tell frm ur stature wether ur crapin urself or not, jst act natural n ull be fine. been readin all this malonie abt the 1st date being so important, but the most important thing abt the 1st date is tht she gets a good impression ov u, not how classy u r by takin her to the most expensive resturant, but of ur personality and what potential u might have...who wants to be forkin out 50quid 4 a meal n not have a good time. Id say the key is to take her somewher wher u can feel relaxed, becaus she pick up on u being relaxed and let more of herself shine throught aswell, if its the seaside u wanna take her take her, if she found u interesting the 1st time she tlkd to u thn an expensive backdrop isnt esential. Everybody gets knocked bk its its keepin ur balance n stayin on ur feet u need to learn n tht only comes through practise if the worst comes to worst jst keep ur chin up n carry on smilin dont let a low self ov steam shine through.

shannerz is my brother from another he speaks nothing but the truth, you need to be happy and confident within yourself if not women will see it a mile off. women know the difference between a shit chat up line and a honest compliment so dont be scared to say nice things once conversation has been established. take piss out ov them a bit some times some of them love it.

aww n all this textin u go on abt, personally i hate it, its a sad situation when u av to resort to a text as a means ov making relations, jst grow some balls n pick up the phone or better thn that meet up. its too easy to tlk shit on a txt tht leads nowher, no routes r ever connected throught the means ov texting ur jst prolongin the conversation running dry. If u learn to use ur vocal cords from the start it il help build up ur self confidence plus show her the confidence u have inside u already.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast