+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have I still got a chance with this girl? Does she like me?

Have I still got a chance with this girl? Does she like me?

A couple of weeks ago, I asked a girl out who I had known for a couple of months. We are both shy so had only talked twice in person. She said that she didn't have any feelings for me and wasn't interested in starting anything with anyone at the moment. She said she would love to be good friends though and she said if I'd known her better before, things may have been different.

I may never see her again now, because I just finished school and she is in the year below me. She obviously won't do anything with me one-on-one during the summer and both our sets of friends don't know each other so there is no possible way of seeing her.

I don't have her phone number but I can talk to her online and we have had a few good conversations. I'm also pretty convinced that she does have feelings for me as well, because she always looked really excited and flustered when she saw me, but is afraid of going out with someone she barely knows. So if I keep talking online to her for a couple of months and things go well, should I ask her out again?

I don't really know what to tell you. She said she didn't have feelings for you, and I don't know her well enough to call her a liar.

If I were you, I'd just talk to her every now and then and try to find someone else... or if you really, really like her, stop talking to her all together. If she really doesn't have feelings for you, you're going to hurt yourself with wishful thinking.

I was going with 'no chance', then I got to "but we could still be friends' and I thought, this girl is just being polite to protect your feelings. But then you get 'If you knew me better things might be different.'

To me this is her saying, she doesn't want a relationship with you, because she doesn't know you at all -but- it's not off the table. She obviously likes how you look/ has had a good first impression (otherwise she would have said something which woudl have given you no hope at all), but that's really not enough reason to date someone.

Keep talking to her. Both you and her are at that point in your lives when alot of things are going to change very quickly.

You might find out that once you know her a bit better there's actually no chemistry or anything in common.

Hope that helps. x
    Holly Kennedy: I don't want to make any mistakes.
    Gerry Kennedy: Then you're in the wrong species, love. Be a duck.