+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed: NeoSeminole and Others (Fitness and Weight)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post

I can't believe this, but I have been working out for just two weeks, cardio and weights, and I feel like i've gotten a little bigger, and lost some abdominal fat!

Oh my god, I hate boys.

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

haha, yeah it was.. it was more funny than anything else, but the ending was kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Oh my god, I hate boys.

haha, well... the gym i go to, i feel like a chimpanzee among LIONS... i swear, the guys lift 10x more than me...

... but i bet i can beat them ALL in a race

hey vashti, how is nursing treating you? i was talking to my moms friends, she is also a nurse... she said it's the best time to consider nursing (i'm asking around, since my cousing is interested)...

she attended college, didn't graduate, but has taken quite a few pre-reqs.... biology, physics, calc, organic, phsyio, anatomy, etc... do nursing schools require degrees?

i think i'll procrastinate the next hour, and do some internet searches

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    she attended college, didn't graduate, but has taken quite a few pre-reqs.... biology, physics, calc, organic, phsyio, anatomy, etc... do nursing schools require degrees?

i think i'll procrastinate the next hour, and do some internet searches
    As for sciences, you need biology, physiology, general chemistry, microbiology and anatomy. Then, you need the rest of the general education requirements (math, english, history, government, speech, etc.). It is very competetive to get in. I think the minimum GPA for admission is 3.0 (I'm not sure exactly because I was well above whatever it was.) I was on a wait list for 2 1/2 years, but some schools do lotteries.

In my program, you have to pass 4 math exams with 100% or you get dropped. For exams, 75% is a failing grade at my school. I understand that is 80% in other schools. My school threatens continually to drop students ifthey don't meet whatever deadline is being set. The constant threat gets annoying after a while.

The curriculum is challenging, mostly because of the pace and the volume. The instructors are a mixed bag - some of them are encouraging and lovely, and others think it is their mission to weed out the weak links. I think it is generally harder for younger people in this program because the clinical instructors tend to target them more, and also because the nurses in the hospital do, too. I hope for your cousin's sake she is smart, confident, assertive, and tall. Yes, I said tall. I think it helps keep the nurses from bullying you.

As for clinicals, I really enjoy them. This is probably because my instructors have all liked me. Other students have not been so fortunate. They start you in clinical rotations pretty much right away, and I have really enjoyed almost all my patients. It is great to have a reduced number of them right now, because once I graduate, I will be too busy to give them the kind of attention they are getting from me now. I learn something new every day, and I feel like the work is important and the patients (usually) appreciate me. I surprise myself with the things I am capable of doing and seeing without getting sick, so I guess I am gaining confidence. Sometimes I feel like Dr. Frankenstein's assistant.

Tell your cousin in s/he wants to go into nursing to try to avoid picking a specialty for a while. I am surprised by the things I have and have not enjoyed. For example, I hated my pediatrics and postpartum rotations, and I have yet to recover emotionally from my L&D rotation. (God bless the men who can still have sex with their wives after watching that!) On the other hand, I really like wound care, and am thinking I may eventually specialize in it (it doesn't hurt they are in big demand!).

Have your cousin look at this site. It may help with making a decision. [url]http://allnurses.com/[/url]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i was gonna go to nursing school but i couldn't pass biology.

then i realized i didn't really want to do that anyway.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Tone Guest
    RK, keep up the good work!

You make your own homemade protein shake? What do you use?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    You make your own homemade protein shake? What do you use?
    Probably cum

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha, well... the gym i go to, i feel like a chimpanzee among LIONS... i swear, the guys lift 10x more than me...

... but i bet i can beat them ALL in a race
    this is just another excuse that you're created so you don't have to hit the gym on a regular basis.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    this is just another excuse that you're created so you don't have to hit the gym on a regular basis.

raverboy
    Psh...I feel the same way as RSK. I felt tiny compared to guys in there. It was like a small monkey compared to apes. But I still went, but eventually got bored with it and went back to what I love doing. Cardio! I love running, cycling, and hiking. Nothing like being outdoors. Plus I don't really have a need to gain strength, I like my skinny ass.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i lift next to these huge monkeys for two reason...

for inspiration and secondly because i don't really have another option.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes its just one's natural build really ... Even Neo doesn't look super yolked in regular clothes, right?
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

guys are attractive to me when they work out more because of the confidence they are feeling rather than the actual physique. although that's not a bad side-effect .
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

tooxshort, it depends on the clothes I wear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast