+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice needed: NeoSeminole and Others (Fitness and Weight)

the best split in the world is my 5 day split

day 1 - legs
    day 2 - chest
    day 3 - back
    day 4 - shoulders
    day 5 - arms

this order gives your body plenty of rest. I usually try to work my calves with my back and legs....I randomly do my ab work. All my ab work is done with heavy weight/low reps like the rest of my body. Sometimes on an "off" day i'll do abs, sometimes i'll do them finishing up a workout.

I don't really do too much cardio, i stay relatively lean from the way i eat but when I do cardio its normally HIIT cardio (google it), it burns more cals in a shorter amount of time than walking/jogging.

*I didn't read the whole thread so don't know if my points have been addressed already.

I'm working on a program right now where I'd only be working out 3 days a week. It's a two part program. It consists of 16 weeks of weight gain/muscle building and then 6 weeks of weight loss/fat reduction. You don't build muscle at the gym, you build muscle while you're sleeping and your body is repairing.

Another thing you need to know is that you need to figure out what amount of weights you can lift that will only allow you to do 4-8 reps. People sometimes think that doing 15-20 reps will build muscle better.. but that's not true. Also, as Neo mentioned, avoid machine weights. Free weights work all of the muscles in that combined group. Machine weights focus on certain areas. Free weights with proper form will give you the best workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    *I didn't read the whole thread so don't know if my points have been addressed already.

I'm working on a program right now where I'd only be working out 3 days a week. It's a two part program. It consists of 16 weeks of weight gain/muscle building and then 6 weeks of weight loss/fat reduction. You don't build muscle at the gym, you build muscle while you're sleeping and your body is repairing.

Another thing you need to know is that you need to figure out what amount of weights you can lift that will only allow you to do 4-8 reps. People sometimes think that doing 15-20 reps will build muscle better.. but that's not true. Also, as Neo mentioned, avoid machine weights. Free weights work all of the muscles in that combined group. Machine weights focus on certain areas. Free weights with proper form will give you the best workout.
    If you're just starting out you should always use free weights imo because like this person said free weights generally work your entire muscle group and stabilizer muscles are getting worked in the process.

BUT, once you are on your way and if you get into the bodybuilding aspect, machines work well to end workouts to drain every last bit of juice out of a particular area.

Also i think theres debate on the rep theory. I personally do the high weight/low rep....but i read of a wrestler named lance storm who does the 12-15 reps and he's big and in great shape so idk if anything has been "scientifically" proven on that. I just know that guy has a bodybuilding type body doing high reps, he has plenty of mass, and seeing as that info is on his website idk why he would lie.

Weightlifting/Bodybuilding is as much trial an error as anything, you've gotten find what works perfect for you. A preacher curl may be best for my biceps while generic db curls could be best for you.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tired View Post
    I don't really do too much cardio, i stay relatively lean from the way i eat but when I do cardio its normally HIIT cardio (google it), it burns more cals in a shorter amount of time than walking/jogging.
    HIIT kicks your ASS, too.

I also do HIIT and play basketball once a week for my cardio.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123