+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What kind of guy do you like?

What kind of guy do you like?

What kind of guy do you like, both in physical features and emotional features?

Be happy.
    We will be too!
    Whatever emotion you feel, it is sucked into the emotion of the world.

I like a guy who takes care of himself physically. Physically fit is very nice but not necessary...but it helps to get my initial attention. I need a man that is emotionally stable and mature...he is not afraid to express to me what is on his mind....a confident and great communicator!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Nolan, did you delete your other thread? Pity, b/c I sent you a fairly detailed answer that might have helped.

Oh well.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oh, sorry, I deleted that thread becuase I felt like there was a useless debate going on in there. Sorry, if you want me to make a new one, ask me!

Be happy.
    We will be too!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its just a pity b/c I don't remember everything I said. No, you don't need to bother w/a new one. Just let us know how things go.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'll post my advice here

{Hey Kristina, wow this may be our last time having a class together (laughs). It is so great hanging out with you…you have a great personality and I love you…I see you as someone I can someday want a relationship with. Take care and have a great summer break (or whatever you guys have). Oh, wait let me give you my number…may I have your number? So what are your plans for the new school year? Are you looking forward to it? Blah, Blah, other similar topics…The key here is to present your love for her without scaring her off and this example may help.}
    If done wrong you will seem creepy. Trust me girls do not want a guy to tell her that he loves her without ever having a relationship first. I have a stalker ex-friend that told me that he loves me…It clearly is infatuation and it is very creepy for me.
    You are also somewhat infatuated, too. Nothing wrong with infatuation but you must be careful and control it. This has nothing to do with your age. My stalker is a much, much older man which makes it scarier for me.

1. How do you know if it’s not infatuation?
    It is a likely and very valid idea. But whether it is infatuation or love, I feel that I still must tell her.
    That’s fine but understand that you may not get the response that you want.

2. Do you constantly think of her, do you feel it would be difficult to live without her or let her go?
    Yes. There is one sign of infatuation.
    Yes, a major sign of infatuation…try to control it or you will truly frighten her.

3. Do you wish the best for her even if that means you will not be in her life and allow her to be with someone else?
    Yes, but I think that same thing with everyone I at all like.
    Great…but like I said be prepared to understand that she may not feel the same.

4. Do your thoughts become overwhelmed thinking of her?
    Yes.
    Here is another major sign of infatuation…try to control it.

5. Do you find it is difficult to decide what to do about the situation?
    Not all the time. Some of the time. But I feel that I have a good idea of what I should do now, I should tell her, I feel, not by letter. But I still need to know HOW TO SAY IT!
    Infatuation can sometimes make decision making about expressing yourself difficult.

6. Can you name things that you find negative or displeasing about her to you?
    Yes, of course! I have a whole list... But it wouldnt be at all polite to tell them to you. No not at all.
    Great, usually an infatuated person notices the positive and ignore the negative aspects of a person.

7. If she did something that you disprove of how would you feel? Would you let her know you disprove?
    Probably.
    Good, usually an infatuated person will allow the other person to do wrong to them.

Can you list the reasons why you love her?
    Yes!
    1. She reminds me unconciously of myself. (as studies show, this is universal)
    2. She can really get a good conversation going, even if it is about nothing!
    3. She is the only one who has ever gave any thought to what I have said.
    4. She is attractive
    5. She is very nice
    6. She makes plenty of luaghable jokes
    Those are the primary reasons.
    I am not sure about this one. I’ve learned that love is not about what you like about a person but how much you two are compatible. You cannot really list what you like about the person and when someone ask what do you love about the person, an “I don’t know” is the answer in most cases. Sure if I am passionate about my partner I can “force” myself to list qualities that I like about him but truly in love…”I don’t know…we are just compatible” is the quick answer people will say. Anyone can make a list even semi-strangers and list things they find good in me….but saying good qualities does not make them really love me. So really here the quick answer is no ( unless you were “forcing” yourself to say those things because I asked. Did this answer come easy for you because that is the key to determine if it’s infatuation of love?

8. Do you understand her…do you know her, I mean truly know her?
    I am not certain. I cannot know what she knows. Otherwise, I would know whether or not she loves me.
    but most of the time, yes.
    In order to really, really love a person (and not the general love we have for all humans) you must understand them…you must get to know them as well as they know themselves.

9. Lastly, does you complement you…do you see her as a great match as a life long partner?
    No I dont think this is really the "perfect match". But hey, I cant choose who I love. But if I were to choose one person which I get along with the most, she the one.
    If no, then it is not love. They are usually a perfect match whether they make you happy or not.
    You need more time to find out if you love her…some of your answers point toward love but most of them points toward lust.

Lust or love..I see that is not your point. You want to know how to express your feelings and my example above can help.
    Hope I helped.

My guy is slender, he used to do sports but hasn't in a few years, so has 'that' body but it's rougher now. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't wonder why the hell someone this hot is with me. But then - keep this in mind - I have always had really weird taste, none of my friends ever agreed with me on who was hot etc. In fact, if you imagine you're typical geek - that's kinda been my track record so far.

He's a total geek - loves anime, very talkative, very very intelligent - god I love it. And despite not being naturally 'romantic', the fool actually tries to be - it's so sweet. He gives off this 'I'm strong' image but when we're at home he's vunerable.

I guess that's what every woman needs, someone who will not only support them, but need them.

Looks rarely matter when it's the right guy.

Hope that helps. x
    Holly Kennedy: I don't want to make any mistakes.
    Gerry Kennedy: Then you're in the wrong species, love. Be a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Lust or love..I see that is not your point. You want to know how to express your feelings and my example above can help.
    Hope I helped.

Thaaaank you! you are the first who finally got what I have been trying to say since 4 o clock in the afternoon on friday. I tried to say that several times over, but now I dont have to make my point
    Hurrah!

Be happy.
    We will be too!

If it works out, then great!!!

If not, I wont particularly be happy, but just read the quote over head at the top of the page and you will understand. You know, the quote in orange.

Should I create a new topic so that I am not posting off topic? I feel that its necessary for the good of this place.

Be happy.
    We will be too!