+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That old biological clock....

yeah there you go bsummer. just hang out with a 3 year old for a couple days. that should cure you!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You know Squirrel, my husband & I have been talking about raising a foster child when our son is a little older.

I know a FC isn't our 'genetic material', but I think that's really overrated. Nurture can be just as important (if not more) than nature on a child's development. And there are already enough humans on the planet & we've made our contribution to the gene pool. So maybe we should just be focussing on enriching the ones who are already here. Especially those who can afford to give these kids a good life. I know we certainly can, and I think you & Chris can also.

Something to think about, anyway.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oh man I have everyone telling me oh it's so great and you'll regret it if you don't but when I babysit my niece and kids friends as much as I love them I can't wait to give them back. I get the urge for half a sec and remember how much I like my life where it is. My suggestion babysit for one night. Not a day but a night. When you wake up the next morning at 6 am after being up every 2hrs ur ready to kill everyone who ever told you how great it is to have a kid.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    yeah there you go bsummer. just hang out with a 3 year old for a couple days. that should cure you!
    Yeah, unfortunately I've tried that, and it's no good. I babysit my bf's nephew who is two once in awhile. I've spent a week with my sister's kids who are six and two, and full of energy. Even then, I was like, "Okay, this would definitely be a challenge, but it's not horrible." Whereas five years ago, I was more like "Oh hell no, I could go on happily without these hellions for another ten years or more."

Squirrley, my Mom started saying the same thing to me about three years ago, when she was 45. That she wanted another kid. I was freaking out. Luckily, she just started going through menopause, so the grandkids will have to do.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

We've actually discussed adoption. But in the end Chris doesn't want to raise a child. He's never had the need or want to do it. After Kyle coming into the picture that certainly put a kabosh in it! So this last feeling of needing to mother, we adopted an indian ringneck parrat, I'm not kidding. I now call Chris "Chris Almighty". EVERY animal no matter what, loves him.

Blue-even when you're around other children and they act up, you're going to think "oh hell no my child won't act like that." Nope they won't, they'll act worse! I've thought the same thing every time I'm around my friends babies, I come home, "HONEY!!!" I can't get over it.

So last year to try and curb that thought, I bought a doll for $1300.00. OMFG yup, my family thought I was nuts. She's called a reborn. There are these artists who take dolls and recreate them to look like a newborn. Look that up on ebay. For some reason it hit me on ebay, "dolls" I ran through it and found the one I thought resembled my husband and I. She started at 400.00. I told myself it was nuts and I wouldnt bid past 600. Needless to say I paid way more for her but it helped fulfill that need at THAT time, but what about now. I can't afford those things everytime I get that feeling.

Blue youre in a great position in your life! You're stable in every way possible. I didn't wait, it happened, I was a teenage statistic, but looking back, I'm glad I had him at 18, now I'm only 37 and done and have another life to look forward to. Sounds crazy, but I keep in mind my son is now old enough to have a child, but I'll be damned I don't want to be grandma YET!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heh, my brother and his wife thought their foster child, 3 year old Victor was fine.

Just wait until they start throwing tantrums, for no goddamn reason. Or cry, over the silliest things.

Or do the same thing you just told them not to do (like pulling the dog's tail) over and over and over again.

Or when you know you should spend some quality play time with them but don't because you're too freakin' tired from the rest of your day.

Or can't get them to eat the foods they should be, then end up crying because they can't understand why the ice cream isn't coming.

i have the urge all the time it drives me nuts! I really dont want to start all over again.
    One is enough
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    So last year to try and curb that thought, I bought a doll for $1300.00. OMFG yup, my family thought I was nuts. She's called a reborn. There are these artists who take dolls and recreate them to look like a newborn. Look that up on ebay.
    OMG those are freaky

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Squirrely...you are nuts.

1300??

Do you know what I could do with 1300.00?!

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If blue has a child this site is gonna be overrun by milfs

I have no urges at all, but I feel that my 'stuff' is going to waste.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I have no urges at all, but I feel that my 'stuff' is going to waste.
    I feel the same way everytime I jerk off. No wonder God smited that one wanker. I should be satisfying some woman with my penis, that's why it's there

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lesa and DM sittin' in a tree...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    my thoughts... stop worrying about it and one day it will happen. i too am 28 and probably want kids in the future, however, if i never get there, i'm already satisfied with it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Squirelly, now you are really freaky :S

But I want to be a grandpa some day (this means I can teach and lead but I don't have to raise him/her from the beginning), but that means i have to make my children first and raise them, ugh.... Little children are retards.
    Don't expect anything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast