+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That old biological clock....

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

That old biological clock....

......has started ticking, for me.

I never thought this would happen. I never wanted kids, really...it was sort of one of those things I figured I HAD to do if I got married. Now I find myself staring obsessively at babies, and wondering how soon I can get pregnant when I'm finished school. Wtf is wrong with me? I'm 28 now. Ladies, any of you get this urge? If so, when did it start for you?

It also freaked me out to realize when I THOUGHT I might be pregnant about a month or so ago, that part of me actually kinda hoped I WAS. God, what do I do to turn off this feeling? Besides get pregnant, of course.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You got loads of time, Blue. I know a gal just had another baby & she's in her 40s.

But, since you asked, I had my son when I was 29. It was a hectic time with finishing my degree. I didn't want to be too old when he grows up, tho.

Its a balance. IMO, you need to be finished working on you (whatever that means to you) so you can give the most to your child. Because once that happens, its never, ever *just* about you again.

Of course, lots of women do go to school, climb the corporate ladder, etc, while raising kids. But its much, much harder IMO, than establishing yourself first & THEN taking the time for home & family. A truly supportive partner doesn't hurt, either.

Given a choice, I would always want to focus 100% of my energy on a single issue at a time. But that's just me.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, no, I WANT to finish school first. I like my focus to be on one thing at a time so I can really pour my heart into it. It's also not good timing in the sense that my bf and I aren't married yet....and I'm not down with shotgun weddings.

I just don't understand the urge....it's almost primal. I thought it was just a decision you made, I never understood people saying they felt their 'biological clock tick'. I was always like....what the hell does that mean? Now I know. It's annoying.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Baby making sex is the best EVER. You think you've done it everywhere & everyhow already? Just wait, you'll see.

Oh, & your boobs will inflate to 8000 PSI. Sure you're ready for THAT?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No way, I'm definitely not down with bigger boobs. I'm already packing DD's....I was going to have them surgically reduced, but the doctor said I should wait until after kids.

I think baby-making sex would be AWESOME. Uninhibited....you could do it anytime and not have to worry about protection...woohoo!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    No way, I'm definitely not down with bigger boobs. I'm already packing DD's....I was going to have them surgically reduced, but the doctor said I should wait until after kids.

I think baby-making sex would be AWESOME. Uninhibited....you could do it anytime and not have to worry about protection...woohoo!
    Actually, I know women who chose not to breastfeed & their boobs naturally decreased in size.

I dunno that's the way you want to go about it, tho. You have large breasts for a reason, and its to do with kids juicing up at the milk bar. Moooooo....
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    You have large breasts for a reason, and its to do with kids juicing up at the milk bar. Moooooo....
    Wow, that was so not a good image.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Wow, that was so not a good image.
    Just doing my part for non-medicated birth control.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I thought baby-making sex was somewhat less thrilling. I like post-vasectomy sex much better.

Anyway, I had my kids before my biological clock ever thought about ticking.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I like post-vasectomy sex much better.
    I'm not there yet, so no comment.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm down with making babies.

I just don't want to have to raise them.

It started just recently when I realised I am surrounded by friends/cousins with kids. How everyone goes gaga over their kids and having to do this and that for them. I'm sure it's a lot of work and I kinda want to be part of that but when I think back about the things I haven't done for myself - the urge goes away. It comes back when I see a friggin' adorable big-eyed baby!
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

You know you wanna make one foxy. Let me know when, ok.

Oooohhhh!!!!! She is ssooo cute!!!!

Thanks, 1AJ! Lol - will let you know!
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Lots of threads over the last few weeks and this one truly caught my eye. As you know my son is almost 19 yrs old. Im hitting 38 this fall. I knew when Kyle was 3ish I didn't want anymore children. But the last 2 years or so I've been having that "feeling" and it sucks because like you said Blue you can't just shut it off. I know mentally I don't want another child. I no longer have the patience and having been through child raising once OMG I honestly can't do it again. I feel that way because I did it alone. Now that I'm married it might be different but everytime I watch Discovery channel or some baby show I cringe and say something to my hubby. Or if we're out and I see a baby girl I want one. But give me 2 minutes when I see them crying or acting up, nope, feeling is all gone. I too wish there was something we could do to turn it off.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast