+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boys, do you really want to know??

Boys, do you really want to know??

so i've dated my boyfriend for a year and sometimes its hard when i'm dealing with family issues or school issues and things make me mad or i'm stressed out. but for the most part i like trying to forget all that when i'm with him and just be with him and have funn. but sometimes my underlying feelings will seep through and he can tell something is wrong.

its not that i dont want him to know whats going on and i know he'd understand . its more like i dont want to burden him with all the crummy things going on in my life and i want tto keep things between us pleasent. but is it true that if i dont share the bad things with him that he's going to think that i dont trust in him or think he's capable of handling it? sometimes i just dont want to tell him cause whenever i talk about certain things it makes me cry.....
    and really he's one of the few good things in my life

He could be glad that you're not sharing the crummy details of your life, but he could also be hurt. When I say hurt, I mean he might feel as though you don't consider him the "go to" person when you need someone to comfort you or talk to about bad things.

I love when my girlfriend can talk to me when something bad happens so I can comfort her through it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't open the floodgates, but don't dam up, either.

When you can open up, (reasonably) to him, it makes him feel special, that you trust him. That's an ego boost for a guy. Guys like bein' the go-to-person.

Just don't do it all the time like you would your best female friend, or sister.

My girlfriend used to be like you, and it irritated me.

Also didn't leave much to talk about when she wasn't willing to share her side of life.

What's the point of having a significant other if not to share these types of things with them? And more generally, how can you appreciate the pleasant times without the unpleasant ones?
    "Only losers quote themselves."
    [url]www.jarrodhalsey.com[/url]