+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a reminder

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Just a reminder

Be careful of the dangers that come with summer, like pools, beaches, drinking too much, reckless drivers in the nice weather, etc. 2 days ago one of my friends drowned swimming in a gorge and I want to remind people to be careful because these things do happen

And watch out for your kids too. They can die from drowning even after they leave the pool. It's called dry drowning and it can happen if they get too much water in their lungs. I read a story of a child dying about an hour after he left the pool.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And if you're even at all uncertain about whether or not a place is safe to swim, DON'T do it. Currents can be working in unpredictable directions, including downwards, that can kill the best swimmers

Currents are horrible. I used to live in Florida and we'd go out in places that had major currents. I would eventually get to where I needed to go but by the time I got there my body was tired and sore. I wouldn't have been able to keep it going much longer.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, DM. I am sorry about your friend. That is really sad.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sorry to hear about your friend.

As for riptides/currents. Never try to fight them. Swim with them till you're out of them, then work your way back to shore. Don't try and fight them you'll just tire yourself out and there's a good chance you won't make it through it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Sorry to hear about your friend.

As for riptides/currents. Never try to fight them. Swim with them till you're out of them, then work your way back to shore. Don't try and fight them you'll just tire yourself out and there's a good chance you won't make it through it.
    I don't know where you're from, but if you go with the currents where I lived, you'd end up a mile out into the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I don't know where you're from, but if you go with the currents where I lived, you'd end up a mile out into the ocean.
    Rip currents are some pretty crazy things, it really depends on the situation you're in. As for taking you a mile out into the ocean, that's pretty intense, I've never seen them go out that far. Probably about 300 yards at the most. You want to get to the point where the current starts to dissipate that you're able to get yourself free, and from there you can either try signaling and calling for help or if there's no one to help, swim with the waves back to the shore.

But, like I said it really depends. You may be better off just letting it take you out instead of trying to swim parallel to the shore earlier on. You may end up not being able to get out and exhausting yourself to the point where you're not able to keep afloat.

It really depends on the situation and the swimmer.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Currents aren't limited to the ocean or sea by any means either. About 2 weeks ago someone else drowned in my hometown in the Erie Canal because of the strong current just under the surface

And you know what is bothersome? How alcohol is legal despite so many people being killed by alcohol poisoning or drunken driving. How many people have been poisoned to death from weed?

drug laws = racism.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The drug laws are racist to everyone actually. If that even makes sense. You're probably talking about the discrepency between sentencing for cocaine vs. crack. And more black people are involved in crack relative to white people so it hurt them more

But also, what nobody (like the ACLU) ever mentions are the sentencing for people who make meth, ecstasy, and all the synthetic drugs. Those laws affect almost JUST white people. Do you have any idea how long people go to jail for in those cases? That almost strictly affects white people

Tone Guest
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKu3MyghoAI"]YouTube - Chris Rock - American Drugs[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    And you know what is bothersome? How alcohol is legal despite so many people being killed by alcohol poisoning or drunken driving. How many people have been poisoned to death from weed?
    One of the number 1 rules to acquiring wealth in America goes like this... only the white man can profit from pain.

Alcohol. Cigarettes. Guns.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFk2T-lfgOY"]YouTube - Chris Rock - Never Scared, Part 5/8[/ame]

dm, if you are really interested, it would be worth researching the history of drugs and laws related to them.

cracky creams! aaaaaaaaaaaajajahjaakajajaa

omg that was so funny.
    Last edited by misombra; 16-06-08 at 01:45 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    One of the number 1 rules to acquiring wealth in America goes like this... only the white man can profit from pain.

Alcohol. Cigarettes. Guns.
    That's pure bullshit Tone. Just pure bullshit blaming white people and saying only they can profit from pain

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    dm, if you are really interested, it would be worth researching the history of drugs and laws related to them.
    I know they used racial stereotypes and fears in convincing weed to be scheduled. But let's talk about now. Crack sentences are higher than cocaine sentences, which affects black people more than white people. At the same time, crack is also significantly more dangerous than cocaine. The ACLU cries about this all the time

When penalties for ecstasy trafficking increased by 300%, just for the pure hell of it, the ACLU didn't say shit. Why? Because this affects *gasp* mostly white people! But the ACLU only cares about minorities

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast