+ Follow This Topic
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Turn One night stand into a Relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    The disproportionate number of male virgins on this board alone would be evidence to the contrary.
    They can always call for service.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Was the statement implied only to western culture?
    I don't know for sure about other cultures firsthand, as I have never lived in one. However, even in conservative societies, prostitution is alive and well, so my guess is that their men would like easy sex if they could get it, too.

As for personal experience, as often as I am hit on by Arab men, it is clear they are quite interested in sex, and it would be very easy for me to have sex with them.

As for personal experience, as often as I am hit on by Arab men, it is clear they are quite interested in sex, and it would be very easy for me to have sex with them.
    Hehe, me too! What is going on here, lol.

Are you blue-eyed with dark hair and fair skin? I am told that is exactly the way they like 'em. Of course, that could just be another line to try and gain my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I don't care how you phrase it, ultimately, it will be easier for a woman. It isn't 50/50.
    Ultimately it will be easier for the person with the best genes and the best skills regardless of which gender they are
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Ultimately it will be easier for the person with the best genes and the best skills regardless of which gender they are
    I'm not going to keep arguing this. It's not 50/50.

I'm not going to keep arguing this. It's not 50/50.
    Actually yeh I agree. It's not always 50/50. For some women it's 100/0 and for some men it's 100/0.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Are you blue-eyed with dark hair and fair skin? I am told that is exactly the way they like 'em. Of course, that could just be another line to try and gain my favor.
    No, unless I wear contacts hehe. I suppose some people are just natural flirts or view women as sexual objects no matter her social status.

...which can be an advantage for attractive businesswomen.

Actually yeh I agree. It's not always 50/50. For some women it's 100/0 and for some men it's 100/0.
    I'm not talking about certain situations. If you put a gorgeous woman with blonde hair in a room filled with men that find blondes extremely unattractive and repulsive, yeah, she won't leave with anyone.

I'm talking about overall. Overall, women have it easier.

I'm not talking about certain situations. If you put a gorgeous woman with blonde hair in a room filled with men that find blondes extremely unattractive and repulsive, yeah, she won't leave with anyone.

I'm talking about overall. Overall, women have it easier.
    I think Overall some women have it easier and some men have it easier. You can't generalize it either way. If you can generalize it, it means you haven't seen how easy it is for some men to get women. I've seen it many times.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I think Overall some women have it easier and some men have it easier. You can't generalize it either way. If you can generalize it, it means you haven't seen how easy it is for some men to get women. I've seen it many times.
    Can a man walk up to ten different women and say "let's f*ck" and have at least seven say yes?

Can a man walk up to ten different women and say "let's f*ck" and have at least seven say yes?
    Ofcourse a man can, I can even list a number of examples where this had happened.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Alright, I give up.

I completely agree.. beyond that.. cultural & socioeconomic factors..

When men have no respect for themselves.., and no respect for women.. they degrade the value of "sex" from an intimate form of bonding between two people to a recreational hobby.., and the only value they see in women is that of sex objects (like lesa said).. and all it takes.., is a push-up bra.., some high heals.., and some skin.. coupled with some smiling.., light flirting.., flattery.., and playful touching.. If the guy is really slow.., then even the extra mile of explicitly implying sex.., and if the guy is really really slow.., then explicitly saying.., "look.., my place.., now.., I want to have sex".. When a man is looking for just sex, he will find a smaller population of women interested in the same thing.., and an even smaller population of women who will openly admit it.., but he will always find some women who will see him for the vulnerable sucker that he is (and he deserves it if he has this kind of respect for women.., I get sexually excited when I see assholes & jerks taken advantage of).. and she will make him do whatever she wants.., with promises of satisfying his one and only wish..

Also.., when women have no respect for themselves.., and no respect for men.., then they place little importance in what "sex" means.., and some may even see it as a tool.., to conceal and deny any interest they have in sex.., and pretend the man is the only one interested.., that they are doing him some favor.. and they want something in return (either before or after).. Again.., because of this mentality.., it doesn't take much to chafe their ego.., play along the right way.., and have them follow you wherever you take them.. When ego and pride are on the line.., a woman will jump mountains to preserve it.. Which is why women like this are so easy.., the funny thing is.., men who have respect for themselves and for women.., would not only be unaffected.., a bit insulted.., and in the position to control the woman.., but wouldn't even bother using that control and power over her.. If you were a man looking for a woman.., interested in falling in love.., finding your companion.., and having mutual respect with that person.., and instead you found a girl like this.., you wouldn't even bother.. any control or power you have.., is useless.., it's not like you're going to use her to buy you dinner or drinks or pay for your rent or carry your stuff or take you places.., guys don't do these things.. so it's absolutely useless control IMO

Areas where there are men with less respect for women? Economically depressed areas.. (usually with a lot of churches.., cheap bars.., and strip clubs).. In NYC.., I'd have to say some place like the Bronx.. because in Manhattan.. it's every woman's dream to be able to walk in somewhere and pick up any pretty boy they see.., it just doesn't happen.. (hence.., the fantasy line behind Sex & the City)

Areas where there are women with less respect for men?
    Again.., economically depressed areas.., but also upbringing.. (divorced family.., abusive household.., questionable motherly advice.., even more questionable fatherly advice.., ran away from home.., etc).. The concept of sex is degraded.., into a means of survival.., seeing men as a means to get through life.. (he will pay for my education.., my stuff.., do stuff for me.., and in return.. we get the point.., it becomes an unromantic kind of relationship.., she feels no shame in it.., and is looking for a man who also feels no shame in it.., a business deal.., like prostitution.., I say "like" because sometimes.., an actual exchange never takes place..)

Goose.. I liked your CL research.., here are some that may disappoint you some more.. (careful.., they may make your eyes bleed)

[url]http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cas/733950977.html[/url]

[url]http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/w4m/735666712.html[/url]

[url]http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cas/735723481.html[/url]

[url]http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cas/735666448.html[/url]

[url]http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cas/735462106.html[/url]

Fortunately.., men and women like these.., are the minorities..

If men were really just interested in one thing.., and it was really THAT important to them.., then there would be a whore house next to every Starbucks.., from a policy standpoint.., if it was that important to be considered a "need".., prostitution wouldn't be illegal.. But just like there are women who enlist the services of gigolos.., there are men who enlist the services of prostitutes.. they absolutely must have it.. (you just hear about the men more often than you do about the women.., "just like there are men who marry for money.., but you seldom hear them getting any attention")

In fact.., there is no "black & white" world for the two sexes.., you can't separate men and women into blue & pink categories.. Each gender is composed and can be broken down into subgroups..

Though.., I have been looking more into this issue.. and although I agree with Mish.., that it really does depend on the quality of the person.. When you keep quality constant.. (control for variations in quality.., everything from looks.., to personality.., to morals and values.. etc).. I can't help but also agree with lesa & Vash..

With all variables constant.., and controlling for quality.. (also assuming that all men and women in the population have respect for themselves and the opposite sex).., there is one factor that applies uniquely to women.. and not to men.. and acts to deter sexual compliance.. ("whore/slut" complex).. this also creates the need to not seem "easy".. whereas men are open & uninhibited..

The dynamic interaction among these two populations.., (again.., with everything else constant).. would allow for a woman of the same quality.. to be more successful in her direct sexual request to men of the same quality.., than a man would be with a woman of the same quality..

We were all being stuck on the technicalities.. (indirectly.., a man can allow for a woman to not feel "easy".., to make her feel like she has put up some form of resistance so that she no longer feels like or appears to be a "whore/slut" in front of him or her peers).. so both sexes of equal quality will have equal results.., and funny enough.., if you graph the success rate of the two genders as a function of time.. Women do quite well in the short-run.., but the more the courting process lasts for a woman.., the less her success rate.., the opposite is true for a man.., the more the courting process lasts (assuming he doesn't get fed up and leave along the way) the more his success rate..

Given the point everyone was making.., you were all right.., we were just all making different points..

Best,

GrkScorp
    Last edited by GrkScorp; 30-06-08 at 12:13 PM.
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Alright, I give up.
    Good plan, and for the record, Mish is the WORST person on the entire board to argue with because he will not EVER just let it go, no matter how much sense you make. (even worse than Grk... trust me on this.)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast