+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Turn One night stand into a Relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by questiongirl View Post
    Those men who would mind that "I'm easy" have probably been easy many times in their lives. On the other hand, I have met plenty men who would look beyond such superfacial things to see deeper who I am. Women should have equal power in sex with men, you're just mad that someone is daring to challenge the cliche.
    It's not a bad thing or a negative if you have sex with someone you like and feel strongly about..

"easy" is just an other term put out there to prevent little girls from running around and getting pregnant.. I agree that it's not fair or equal.., since you never hear anyone saying "he's easy".., there's no such pressure on a guy's end.. why not? Because guys don't get pregnant..

If she liked the guy.., more power to her..

It's annoying to hear other women.., and especially men.., keep up with an outdated and very traditional system of social values.., ironic that they still hold that belief but don't believe in things like slavery and subservience of women (since the former is more ancient than the latter)..

She liked the guy.., there was a connection.., she didn't have sex with him to get anything in return or to manipulate him to do something for her.., she didn't have sex with him to feel better about herself.., she simply had sex with him because that's what she wanted to do.., she felt comfortable enough and a strong enough connection with him.., attraction.., trust.., and the feeling was mutual.., what is so wrong with that?

I wouldn't say you "challenge" the cliche'.., just that you don't accept the social pressure of others.. to try and force you to behave a certain way.., that you're not a weak character to crumble in the face of social pressure trying to control or dictate the choices you make.., you're smart enough to be the judge of that on your own.., you don't need others opinions to tell you what's right or wrong..

Nothing against Cain.., but I don't think double standards are fair.., for any of the two genders..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Don't mention double standards with me, Grk, because I have never once shown that I think it's okay for men to do it but not women. I feel the same with both genders.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Don't mention double standards with me, Grk, because I have never once shown that I think it's okay for men to do it but not women. I feel the same with both genders.
    So was the whole "easy" comment a joke to try and tease her? playful fun?

No, I think that someone that has sex so easily is easy. Both of them were.

I stand by my comments. Whether the values are old and outdated or not, I'm not fond of people sleeping around. As I've said, it promotes the spread of disease regardless of whether or not you use protection. It isn't 100% effective.

No, I think that someone that has sex so easily is easy. Both of them were.
    Hmm.., yes.., it's perfectly clear to see the need for the two of them to first run a decathlon.., pass an obstacle course.., battle lions and gladiators in an arena.., and then.., and only then.., will they both not be considered "easy"..

WTF?

I stand by my comments. Whether the values are old and outdated or not, I'm not fond of people sleeping around.
    Good.., personal view and opinion..

As I've said, it promotes the spread of disease regardless of whether or not you use protection. It isn't 100% effective.
    But by being less "easy" with the same person you're going to have sex with.., you decrease this risk somehow?

I think you're mixing up having sex with multiple partners and just having sex with the person you feel strongly for..

I'm obviously stereotyping people that I consider easy. Usually, people that are easy have had several partners.

And come on, Grk... you're smarter than that. You know what I mean when I define being "easy." If all it takes is a good time and dinner to get a guy or girl to drop their pants, they're easy. Guys do this all the time... manipulate the girl into thinking there is some kind of connection just to get in their pants... which I think is wrong. The point is, if a girl is going to **** any guy there is a little connection with on the first date, she's easy. The same for any guy that does that when the roles are reversed.

I don't think there is a problem with women being "easy" so long as they don't kid themselves into thinking it won't bother the majority of men. It will, and most (though not all) will lose respect for you. Few will consider an "easy" girl to be good relationship material.

As for men being easy, yes - many are. Women seem to be more tolerant of it.

It may be a double standard, but that doesn't negate its reality.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I don't think there is a problem with women being "easy" so long as they don't kid themselves into thinking it won't bother the majority of men. It will, and most (though not all) will lose respect for you. Few will consider an "easy" girl to be good relationship material.

It may be a double standard, but that doesn't negate its reality.
    That was my point. Most good, nice guys won't want to be with an easy girl.

By the way, I can't judge men in this respect because I don't know how women feel about easy men, and that's why I never mentioned it. The only thing that I can mention is that I think men can be just as easy as women.

And come on, Grk... you're smarter than that
    If you don't have any faith in your viewpoint or opinion.., just say so.. don't try and use that on me Cain.., it's failing miserably..

If all it takes is a good time and dinner to get a guy or girl to drop their pants, they're easy. Guys do this all the time... manipulate the girl into thinking there is some kind of connection just to get in their pants... which I think is wrong. The point is, if a girl is going to **** any guy there is a little connection with on the first date, she's easy.
    So.., in short.., all men are manipulative and insincere immoral jerks who are only looking to have sex.., and all women are mentally retarded and stupid enough to not be able to tell genuine apart from fake..

Have some more faith in men and women.., you're not the only guy who thinks it's "wrong" to pretend to have genuine feelings for someone just to have sex and then dump them.., and you're not in the minority either.., you're part of the majority.., and women who can't tell the difference aren't part of the majority.., most women can tell right away when the guy is lying through his lips and when there's a genuine connection.., and most women can also tell when the guy isn't lying.., and when there is a genuine connection.., some better than others.., but the women who are totally clueless are rare..

I sure would like to know how you became such an expert at knowing that clueless women are a rarity, Grk... because speaking as a woman, I see plenty of clueless women.

What exactly do you mean by "easy"?

The majority of men will mind multiple partners.., very few men really don't care at all.., most men mind knowing that their long-term girlfriend or wife has slept with multiple guys..

But as far as what the two of them have to go through before they have sex or start a relationship together.., the more is not by any means the merrier.., and has little or no bearing on a long term consideration..

I sure would like to know how you became such an expert at knowing that clueless women are a rarity, Grk... because speaking as a woman, I see plenty of clueless women.
    Clueless in what sense? Socially clueless? Emotionally clueless? Not being able to get through Calculus?

I haven't met too many women who were not emotionally aware or perceptive enough to know how the other person was feeling..

Though I have met plenty of women who had panic attacks just from looking at a function..

When talking to the women (in person or in forums like this one), we notice that most women are not really clueless...they do think about what is/may be happening...but they may be in DENIAL.

Most people when it comes to relationship issues like what is discussed here are not totally clueless. Those poeple are not going to post or say or think anything about a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Clueless in what sense? Socially clueless? Emotionally clueless? Not being able to get through Calculus?

I haven't met too many women who were not emotionally aware or perceptive enough to know how the other person was feeling..

Though I have met plenty of women who had panic attacks just from looking at a function..
    Damn..you beat me to it.

BOTH genders can be manipulated. To think that either gender can see through the facade that another person might put at them is ridiculous. It happens. People get manipulated and lied to in order for the man or woman to get what they want. I'm not saying that all men or women are manipulative just like I'm not saying that both genders can't tell when someone is trying to manipulate them... but it does happen.

I'm completely secure in my viewpoints. So, I at least assumed you were smarter than that, Grk, to know that I didn't mean that someone had to run an olympic race to be able to have sex. Apparently I was wrong. Maybe if I read your extremely long and boring posts I'd have been able to find your lack of intelligence sooner.

Most men will assume that a woman that is easy and sleeps with someone on the first date when there is a "connection" has had several partners. They won't automatically take the woman's word for it. It's not like they have proof whether she's lying or not.

So Grk and lesa, you both have never heard of a man or woman feeling duped?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast