+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This confusing

This confusing

A couple of months ago, my boyfriend broke up with me. He told me he does like to spend time with me and he does care about me, but he wasn't in love with me. He stayed with me that whole afternoon and tried to comfort me. For a few days, I was pretty messed up after that.

Now, we are still friends. We talk regularly, I sometimes go to his place to watch a movie and we often go for a drink with some other friends. Sometimes it's really difficult because I still love him. On top of that he is one of those people who love to hug everyone, so I also get my share of hugs. He also does things like putting his arm around me or putting his head on my schoulder or against my chest... Sometimes I went home really confused.

Recently we were talking online. We were joking around about sneaking out of our houses and meeting somewhere to find a dark corner to fool around a bit. But then he suddenly asked me how serious I was about it. I didn't know what to answer. He said that if I had agreed in meeting somewere, he would've come and if nothing happend he would've at least seen me again.

A few days ago, I went to his house again to watch a movie. We didn't see the end. We started hugging and soon we couldn't let each other go... I said to him I was acting this way because I still love him. He didn't actually reply to that. He did say he didn't want to do anything if I would regret it later. So we stopped for a little while. But that didn't last long. We started fooling around again and well.... You know where that ends. He send me a message on my cellphone, later that evening, to ask if I was alright.

I don't really regret what happend. But it does make me really confused, I don't know what I should think about it. So I would really like to know what you think about this and maybe give me some advice.

thank you so much
    xxx

boys and girls cannot be friends without one of them having feelings for the other. ESPECIALLY exs. he broke up with you and told you he didn't love you anymore. so you shouldn't be confused, because y'all are also still not back together yet.

if y'all were together for a long time he might be keeping you around as a friend because boyfriends and girlfriends get so used to being around eachother..that when they break up they try as hard as possible to keep them as a friend, ..even if there are no feelings attached anymore. i've done it. and it's been done to me..

this also is sounding very much like you're in danger of becoming a booty call.

if it confuses you..or if he doesn't reply when you say you still love him..you need to nip it in the bud before confusion turns to hurt or anger. i wouldn't mess around with him again unless you're absolutely certain that afterwards you'll take it for what it was...a guy messing around with a girl..JUST to mess around.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

This situation isn't as complicated as you might think it is, OP. He broke up with you because he didn't love you... and was eager to fool around if you were willing. You're now just a piece of ass... a FWB in his eyes... and I can't believe you couldn't tell that when he didn't say anything when you said you were doing this because you love him.

Don't cheapen yourself like that. He doesn't want you for anything but messing around. As mentioned, people can not be friends if one person is in love with the other.

Thanks for your opinions guys.
    I guess it did cross my mind that I'm becoming a booty call, but I didn't want to believe it.
    sometimes you need to hear it from someone else to let it really sink in.

so I'll probably try to distance myself from him, although that's not going to be easy.

thanks again
    Norah

Probably? You should definately do it. It may not be easy at first but eventually get to be. You deserve to be w/someone who loves you as much as you love them.