+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hello, good day, howdy, and whatever else floats your boat

hello, good day, howdy, and whatever else floats your boat

Hey everyone, I've already made a few posts, but I'll try and do a fair job of introducing myself anyway:

I'm 18, female, and taken. (although the relationship is a bit complicated right now due to the fact that it's long distance at the moment.) I'm also currently going into my 2nd year in college and will, hopefully, become an adolescent psychologist in the future. That or I'd really like to be a sex therapist. There's just something about the human mind, and helping people, that really turns me on to the subject.

I hail from the US, and am very liberal, as is a majority of the people my age so no surprise there. I'm also pretty interested in politics. (I originally wanted to be a political news columnist!) I'd like to think I'm a genuinely open-minded person, but there will always be some subjects I just can't accept any other view. In real life I'm not that much of a talker, and would rather get someone to share their views and thoughts then put my own out there. It's kind of a habit I guess, I'm not uncomfortable with telling people my views or anything, I just don't do it as often as I should... unless of course I know you well and am comfortable with you. Then you can't get me to shut up sometimes!

I love the outdoors, and the animals that live there, but I'm no fan of PETA. This goes along with the fact that I seriously love camping and canoeing. I'd like to think of myself as something of a writer, but my creativity has literally been at zero these past few months, so I've been reading poetry and books more then ever.

Anyway, I hope that paints a decent picture of the sort of person I am. Nice to meet you!

Hello from a fellow psychologist! Well kinda. B.A. in psych, currently a teacher with aspirations of becoming a child psych in the future. This should be interesting...
    "Only losers quote themselves."
    [url]www.jarrodhalsey.com[/url]